Sever Merge killing daoc discuss

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
running to remote area's stealthed or with no speed is weak and boring :)

Havnt played for many years but used to love running to HW or the mid portal keeps to find fights. Used to be a blast picking off a few low lvls then playing hide and seek as you were hunted down.
The run was part of the fun, waiting for the right moment to slip through MG's then crossing the frontier avoiding the gaurd patrols and patroling groups.
Arg give origins so I can come back and play a bit (NF h8er) :)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Havnt played for many years but used to love running to HW or the mid portal keeps to find fights. Used to be a blast picking off a few low lvls then playing hide and seek as you were hunted down.
The run was part of the fun, waiting for the right moment to slip through MG's then crossing the frontier avoiding the gaurd patrols and patroling groups.
Arg give origins so I can come back and play a bit (NF h8er) :)

I'm afraid Origins is a pipe dream now, the population is in the toilet after many from the classic servers left when Ywain and the forced move was announced.

Mythic are all but gone, absorbed into EA Bioware who are working on a new mmorpg. Ywain was mainly invented to make it easier for a smaller number of staff to manage the remaining DAoC population and allow EA to redistribute resources elsewhere. There is no-one left to develop a new server type for a game with under 4000 active accounts (maybe 3000 players?), it's just very unlikely it'll happen now.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
when i played US classic, i was somewhat shocked at the fact our guild would put out 2fg... running seperately but helping out when needed... i thought.. is that really needed? you guys are good pla.. oh ffs 4 fg kk omw!! etc

just need to drop the 8v8 mentality, sure if a fight is going well... dont put out a call (but bet u still get random adds).

later on tho... esp on hib side.. we need to pool EU resources and so it.. server is for the taking but need to rethink a lot of stuff. 2fg is fine these days... coz u up against many many more most of the time.

and if anyone whines, who gives a shit anyways... they only yanks! :D

Soazak

Part of the furniture
when i played US classic, i was somewhat shocked at the fact our guild would put out 2fg... running seperately but helping out when needed... i thought.. is that really needed? you guys are good pla.. oh ffs 4 fg kk omw!! etc

just need to drop the 8v8 mentality, sure if a fight is going well... dont put out a call (but bet u still get random adds).

later on tho... esp on hib side.. we need to pool EU resources and so it.. server is for the taking but need to rethink a lot of stuff. 2fg is fine these days... coz u up against many many more most of the time.

and if anyone whines, who gives a shit anyways... they only yanks! :D

I agree, so many times, even on the island our group has been hit by 2+ fg's when we played back on Merlin. 8v8 is a lot of fun, but there are only a handfull of groups on Devon/Killibury you could rely on to pull-off if you got adds, those numbers will probably dwindle even further now on Ywain.

We try to run EU groups, if only for timezones, but there just aint that many on hib, so half our regular group is american :p (wtb EU DPS!)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Nerf not having a pc that would run daoc, Im desperate to play my hero!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom