Sever Merge killing daoc discuss

Theodoric

One of Freddy's beloved
Zergs everywhere .... everyman and his dog playing their albion toons .
No respect for other peoples fights .

I have only recently reactivated and the 1st couple of months was alot of fun .But sadly the fun seems to be less and less
As i write this im in the labby and no word of a lie there must be 100 albs in here all running around the hub mindlessly trying to scratch out those 100rps a kill and tbh im not sure who i feel more sorry for ... myself for having the misfortune to continually run into these lemmings or them for having to run in 3fg+ zergs to kill 2 and 3 man grps .

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Jesus Christ Theodoric.. I remember playing with you in The Prodigy WAY back in the days

But laby has always been a zergfest! Nothing to do about that.. Go roam NF for some proper fights I guess

Theodoric

One of Freddy's beloved
hello :) yeah i was in NF same story ...shame really

Surely most of these have characters on all realms so i wonder why most play alb

Zita

Fledgling Freddie
Been running 8 mans with guild lately. been pretty decent action i found. Best we have had for ages IMO.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Get some skills hib and midtard ffs, you are so pathetic that you cant compete without radar LOL!

;)

Pertan

Can't get enough of FH
I play "solo"* and i don't think the game is horrible in this state, just need to adapt!

*around the mid zerg on my SB

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
dunno about other peeps, but even as a hib.. i want someone to take one of our relics, just to thin the population of idiots out and see who relic hops.

the general stupidity of peeps (us players) on ywain is staggering, we are laughing our tits off at comments made in /region etc every single night.

it'll sort itself out eventually, but in the meantime... keep telling them they are all shit.. coz they are.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
dunno about other peeps, but even as a hib.. i want someone to take one of our relics, just to thin the population of idiots out and see who relic hops.
hehe, wonder if hibs manage to get 5 relics on ywain aswell :)

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
You have to play primetime in Agramon for the 8v8 stuff afaik, other you can expect all of what you said most of the time.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
The action seems fine, obviously if you camp DC bridge you're going to get zerged with the rest of the trash that hangs out there, but there are plenty of places to go and 8man/smallman/solo.

Dvaerg

Part of the furniture
You can run the quiet places now and even find action for 1v1... So why dont try Pennine, Jamtland or Breifine?

Thadius

Part of the furniture
The same was said when excal and prydwen were clustered.

Its bound to be zergy at beno bridge and all the hotspots, trying to solo there is just pointless.

One classic whine on the vn boards was a guy was maoning that labby was too zergy. someone pointed out he could rvr elsewhere, to which he said "but i dont know anywhere else to go"

Soazak

Part of the furniture
One classic whine on the vn boards was a guy was maoning that labby was too zergy. someone pointed out he could rvr elsewhere, to which he said "but i dont know anywhere else to go"

A lot of people (Read: Fatload on his hunter/lock) are like that now, they have played lab so long that they dont know how to play in frontiers, the only places they know are bridges, which are just the same.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
I mean it wasnt exactly hard to get a pug group and go bash on a tower to see what appears :)

I was once part of a alliance pug who decided to bash on a door. This led to another alliance group to come out to play, which also led to a few groups of hibbies. this l;ed to a whole evening of rvr, with the middies trying to take keeps, hobbies trying to dfend and albs trying to zerg.

fun times

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
I think the server is great... population at its best...for the soloers its just a matter of adapting and finding out where the hotspots are which may take time and also depends on the situation of RvR.

3700 online

1100 Albs online and Mids were around that too.
So Hibs must of been around 1500.

1 thing I'm really not looking forward to is when a realm gets Relics because of the Relic Jumpers.

I'm sure no matter what realm gets relics I'm pretty confidant that they will get an extra 400 odd players from opposite realms.

Anyway I think its good :) it may be zergy... who cares... Adapt and get on with it imo...

GReaper

Part of the furniture
It's probably a bit too much, but what else could they do?

If they left the servers as they were we probably would've ended up with players from the smaller clusters rerolling onto the larger one for more action anyway or quitting if they couldn't be bothered.

Be happy! Ywain seems to have at least 2,000 active players for the start of EU prime time, surely this is a good thing? Better than running around being unable to find any fights all evening.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Playing solo I've not had a bad session since the merge, it's much better in fact. Had some great fights and never been below 15k/hour - frequently over 20k/hour - not bad for a solo!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
PM me where abouts! :) just finding mini groups atm which I never used to mind but at RR4 I don't have the toys to do a lot with them.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Just follow the zerg around like most do Raven! :p

I had to do that because noone would group my druid because I was "too low" (aka rr4l2) :(

It wasnt even as if I could get rps any other way!

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
A lot of people (Read: Fatload on his hunter/lock) are like that now, they have played lab so long that they dont know how to play in frontiers, the only places they know are bridges, which are just the same.

Now come on Carl, you know thats not true :p I prefer lab for the insta RvR simply because I hate the travel times in NF. NF is actually better RvR but the travel times bore me, it is as simple as that :wub:

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Now come on Carl, you know thats not true :p I prefer lab for the insta RvR simply because I hate the travel times in NF. NF is actually better RvR but the travel times bore me, it is as simple as that :wub:

Way to many rage-logs though to get our 8man started again though :twak:

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
Way to many rage-logs though to get our 8man started again though :twak:

I wouldn't call logging because its faaaar too zergy rage logging, more like common sense :D

Running to another zone in an 8 man with speed 6 is fine, running to remote area's stealthed or with no speed is weak and boring :)

luribeauty

Fledgling Freddie
I think the server is great... population at its best...for the soloers its just a matter of adapting and finding out where the hotspots are which may take time and also depends on the situation of RvR.

3700 online

1100 Albs online and Mids were around that too.
So Hibs must of been around 1500.

I checked to see how many hibs was on when there was 3699 players online and it was just a little over 900 players.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Most nights there have been more mids online than albs, and more in frontier/laby :(

There's a lot of mids, but they tend to run around in small groups/solo

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Actually most seem to either zerg labby or run with 1fg with a 2nd 30 seconds behind.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
the general stupidity of peeps (us players) on ywain is staggering, we are laughing our tits off at comments made in /region etc every single night.

Welcome to the land of the free! Seriously though i agree, i feel my IQ drop 30 points every time i log on and look at region.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom