Settting Up a Server

W

Will

I'm setting up a persistant world server for this lovely game. Send me a PM if you are interested.

T

Testin da Cable

It so happens I'm setting up a server too. If everything works Will and I may even portal each other for even more NwN fun!

S

Sibanac

oooh i'll come and play and I'll even bring a friend

W

Will

If TdC can ever fix his internet...he sent the modem off to be repaired, got it back a few days ago, but its still broken.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by Will
If TdC can ever fix his internet...he sent the modem off to be repaired, got it back a few days ago, but its still broken.
poor tdc, he must be going insane without a net conn :)

T

Testin da Cable

you have no idea :(:(:(:(

*gibber*

*twitch*

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by Testin da Cable
you have no idea :(:(:(:(

*gibber*

*twitch*

so is it fixed now ? or did you steal some old ladies 56k modem + line ?

T

Testin da Cable

no Sibanac, I haven't robbed an old lady for her bandwidth, though at the moment 56k would seem like bliss indeed.
as wij notes, he and I are both bandwidth-impaired for a while and are suffering harshly for our sins :(

D

dark_cloud

I have tired to play this gtame online and doesnt seem to work for me I do not know what is wrong if u could haelp me that would be great

thanks

Dark CLoud

W

Will

Can we have a clue what is wrong? The more details the better.

D

dark_cloud

it takes a really long time to get on i dont know if i need to update the game or what

W

Will

You need to update the game to play online. You need the same version as the server is running. Just choose the update option from the menu you get when you launch the game, instead of choosing play. The game will update to version 1.32 automagically.

T

Testin da Cable

on a happy note, my adsl seems to be totally fixored. sadly I don't have a server spare atm, but I can play some nights I guess :)

S

Sibanac

on a happy note, my adsl seems to be totally fixored. sadly I don't have a server spare atm, but I can play some nights I guess :)

My quest for a server hit a snag aswell.
(samething like : Thats a production server FFS, not your personal game/test server)

W

Will

I guess you want me to update my FreeBSD server then? It works with smaller modules without any problems.

T

Testin da Cable

I still want to give that persistent world a shot tbh. One more try?

W

Will

You'll need to install it on an i386 Linux box. FreeBSD isn't cutting it.

T

Testin da Cable

dammit, and I only have an Alpha and a sparc available for installation. *vent*

W

Will

It'll have to wait till Friday night. I'm out looking at houses tonight.

T

Testin da Cable

hmmmm.....well I suppose that I can move the alpha into production running linux/apache/bind/postfix for a while and use the dual xeon for NwN. it feels bad though: you're not supposed to uninstall freebsd...it's just wrong!!

S

Sibanac

hmmmm.....well I suppose that I can move the alpha into production running linux/apache/bind/postfix for a while and use the dual xeon for NwN. it feels bad though: you're not supposed to uninstall freebsd...it's just wrong!!

Its for a good cause, the deamon will forgive you

T

Testin da Cable

maybe so, but it is much to ask. ok then, I'll see what I can do *mutter* *grumble*

W

Will

I can set up the non-persistant world server tonight. That will run on FreeBSD fine.

T

Testin da Cable

seems a good idea :) go for it, and I'll try out that pesky pw module then.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by Will
I can set up the non-persistant world server tonight. That will run on FreeBSD fine.

can you pm me the info, glad to be a betta tester :)

T

Testin da Cable

and me. perhaps Mr Sibanac and I could do a small module tonight.

S

Sibanac

and me. perhaps Mr Sibanac and I could do a small module tonight.

Splendid idee Mr Cable

or pehaps we could look for a smal DM-less module so Mr Will could join in the fun

T

Testin da Cable

my gf comes to my place from work at 23:30 :)

Users who are viewing this thread