Setting up a Website

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Lo there!

I was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers; I am looking to make a website for which I know the address is available. Most of the bandwidth will just be basic HTML loading with an embedded youtube clip (which I presume doesn't count toward your bandwidth) but I'm at a loss for finding suitable hosters and the like. In all honesty, I've not done this before and don't really know how to go about sorting hosting, bandwidth allocation etc.

Any information would be highly appreciated. Of course I'll link to the site when I'm done. :)

- English -

Resident Freddy
I've always used Vidahost,

competitive prices, good support, good cpanel, never had a problem with them.

I have used others in the past which i advise anyone to avoid like the plague (streamline)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
- English - said:
I've always used Vidahost,

competitive prices, good support, good cpanel, never had a problem with them.

I have used others in the past which i advise anyone to avoid like the plague (streamline)

Same here. They are very good.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Use vidahost for my domains, run a VPS for my own stuff.

Depends entirely on how far you want to get into the details but you can get hosting from Godaddy for $1 a month for example.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
I'm really looking for something which looks professional, from which I can link visitors to a video of the work I've been doing of late; was looking to spend around £30-40 for a years domain registration and hosting. I guess I shouldn't really be concerned with a bandwidth limit...10gb, with a basic website, that's a silly amount of traffic I'd need to exceed it right?

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Vidahost used, cheers guys :) Might reuse this thread if I need any more help but thanks for now :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom