Servers

D

darthshearer

Dunno I f this has been asked before (prob by me) But,

What are the best ervers to go on? Apart from BW that is. At the mo Im playing on Demon servers and they seem ok, Ive also had a blast on the KEA Server which was good :)

Anywhere else, so I can continue on the learning curve of CS :)

S

scooby-doo

our server is very good tbh and has people on it most of the time :).

D

darthshearer

Yeh gotta say did enjoy the time on there and will definatley be going on again the banter was good and a lot of fimiliar "Faces"

T

throdgrain

Jolt servers used to be pretty good, but they seem to have the old BW deisese of late, ie too many servers off each box. Note most of them are 12 man max, and still the ping exceeds 50 on ADSL. The greatest problem for me with Jolt to be quite honest is the people who play on em. Yeah theres a few faces who are sensible good players, but the vast majority are of the "omg hax0r " brigade Im afraid.
Demon servers have always been bog aweful for me, and so Ive never bothered with them.
I know some people like BlueYonder, but to me the idea of all FF on, together with very poor admins can only end in disaster.
If not BW I have to say our KEA server or perhaps the other TAA servers offer a good ping and mostly good players, I'd have to recommend them. I often get pings of less than 20, even with 16 or 18 players on. The admins on KEA are obviously excellent lol, though I must admit Im not as reserved as I am on BW servers :)

S

S-Gray

Ive played on BY pretty much since BW "died", never really had a problem with them, altho recently the servers have been lagging a bit of late which does get annoying, i usually play on the Custom Maps server, but their maps are getting old and boring now, so i find myself playing on the custom maps server called "Xtended-Play.net"... sexy new maps

D

darthshearer

Gray where can I get a list of The BY Server IP's?

Are they the bygames.com on the ASE?

S

S-Gray

yeah they changed their name, it goes under bygames.com now or somethin

Gametiger. Use that to get a list of IPs from all servers, and just whack em into ASE/HLSW etc

A

-adz-

I pretty much play on servers i am an admin on, or know the admins on the server.... I've been randomly banned from so many servers its safer that way. My record is 20 seconds before bannage :/

I can give a list, but most have already been mentioned apart from Meatyballs which can be interesting, the servers aren't amazing but usually a good bunch on the normal map one.

www.meatyballs.net

^^ Home of bacon sarnies ( lo Hotteh if u ever read these any more :p )

D

Deady

Hmm you shouldnt really be advertising competitors servers here.

M

Maljonic

Is Demon still going; thought that died a horrible death years ago? I used to play on Spassebude (fun site) but they've gone off-line for some reason that only a German would know. Just started playing on Throddies server, and Meatyballs a bit, and it's rekindled my CS thingies...

edit: string me up baybae; I'm ready!

R

Rederovski

i play on the meatyballs servers quite a bit...

M

Meatballs

the adslguide.org.uk servers are quite good, regularly full, and nice 20 player action so good fraggage :D I dont like playing anything less than 18 player on publics, too dull :eek:

Sadly the BW/Game.net servers are pretty empty most of the time, theres nothing to bring people in, no certain map rotations, no fun amx mod stuff, FF on, running non-standard maps pushes people away, no statistics, no large player servers. Are the Barrysworld (Public ones) listed at all in the halflife browser?

And which ones are the non-subcribing public ones, the only one that seems like it is CS Central #1. The subs game.net ones are dead 24/7? Its great having subscriber servers for the subscribers, but people rarely join empty servers, and theres not enough subscribers to keep them going, need non-subscribers for the subscribers to have some fun basically.

The BW CS community seems to have died/moved since I've come back from DAoC :(

Also has the Barrysworld UK master server thing died off now? :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread