Servers not up tonight (29th March)

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
http://news-daoc.goa.com/view_news.php3?id_article=3997

[29-03-2006] Servers opening delayed

Since the issue we are confronted with since this afternoon cannot be solved immediately, we have decided to postpone the server opening in order to allow our technicians and those of Mythic to work in the best conditions.
Just as you are, we deeply regret this situation and we are extremely disappointed that we had to take this decision. Unfortunately there is no other alternative for the moment. Considering this exceptional event, we will of course compensate for the exceptional downtime of the servers in the form of subscription extensions.
We thank you for your understanding.

That doesn't sound very good. Pryd crash anyone? :(

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Hardly reminds me of prydwen crash, They just take things alot more careful these days ;o

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
GoA announced that about the same time it was 16:00 at Mythic's offices.

So... when do suchs Mythic guys meet again?

Id guess around 8:00 Mythic time. That means 14:00 CET.

So, do not expect any servers back until late afternoon tomorrow. At the earliest! :)

(ofcourse, this is pure speculation)

Truflight

Fledgling Freddie
remember this :eek6:
[23-08-2005] Prydwen Reboot

To correct some issues that have recently appeared on Prydwen, the server will be rebooted at 18 :15 CET today. It will be restarted again immediately. Please note that some zones may take a few minutes to load so if you are not able to log back in immediately, please wait a little while before trying again.
We are sorry for the short notice and for any inconvenience this may cause.

[5-09-2005] Prydwen is back up

The Prydwen server is open again.
If after logging in you have found that items are missing on your characters do not panic and please take note of the Restoration of items on Prydwen post and follow the instructions in it.
We apologise once more for the downtime.

[12-09-2005] Getting Prydwen back on it's feet

Our customer support teams are working hard to replace all the missing items reported over the past week. This is a huge job and we have diverted all our resources to dealing with it however it will take a few more days to complete. We thank you for your patience while we work through this list. In the meantime, the underpopulated realm bonuses which are in effect on Prydwen will stay in place until the servers are ready for clustering. We will be able to announce more news regarding this soon.

lets hope it dont happen all over again................. Good Luck GOA

Forfid

Fledgling Freddie
Good job GOA...

Didn't know updating servers were such a big issue.

I found it when i started playing Daoc in GOA servers...

/rep point to the genious that runs GOA.

I hope Warhammer dosent come to europe in their hands.

/pray

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Truflight said:
remember this :eek6:
[23-08-2005] Prydwen Reboot

To correct some issues that have recently appeared on Prydwen, the server will be rebooted at 18 :15 CET today. It will be restarted again immediately. Please note that some zones may take a few minutes to load so if you are not able to log back in immediately, please wait a little while before trying again.
We are sorry for the short notice and for any inconvenience this may cause.

[5-09-2005] Prydwen is back up

The Prydwen server is open again.
If after logging in you have found that items are missing on your characters do not panic and please take note of the Restoration of items on Prydwen post and follow the instructions in it.
We apologise once more for the downtime.

[12-09-2005] Getting Prydwen back on it's feet

Our customer support teams are working hard to replace all the missing items reported over the past week. This is a huge job and we have diverted all our resources to dealing with it however it will take a few more days to complete. We thank you for your patience while we work through this list. In the meantime, the underpopulated realm bonuses which are in effect on Prydwen will stay in place until the servers are ready for clustering. We will be able to announce more news regarding this soon.

lets hope it dont happen all over again................. Good Luck GOA

I dont understand where the whole "SHIT ANOTHER CRASH" problem is coming from, Surely goa would warn us if they feared in the slightest this might happen ?

Forfid

Fledgling Freddie
Infanity said:
I dont understand where the whole "SHIT ANOTHER CRASH" problem is coming from, Surely goa would warn us if they feared in the slightest this might happen ?

lol

ofc they would...

Pryd crash was ".. a minor issue..."

then they woke up and had lost 1/2 pop of pry.

GOA staff are a bunch of idiots led by an even bigger idiot

croissaint anyone?

lol

Oldleaf

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:
GoA announced that about the same time it was 16:00 at Mythic's offices.

So... when do suchs Mythic guys meet again?

Id guess around 8:00 Mythic time. That means 14:00 CET.

So, do not expect any servers back until late afternoon tomorrow. At the earliest! :)

(ofcourse, this is pure speculation)

That will be nice, tommorrow is my ''beer brewing day'' so i dont miss anything in DAOC life. :drink:

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Forfid said:
lol

ofc they would...

Pryd crash was ".. a minor issue..."

then they woke up and had lost 1/2 pop of pry.

GOA staff are a bunch of idiots led by an even bigger idiot

croissaint anyone?

lol

And your a fucking cvnt ;D

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
I am really trying not to look at the negetive side of all this but it is becoming increasingly difficult.

MaddogUK

Fledgling Freddie
due to me being rather ill and DAoC being my one pleasure through it..especially as i'm not sleeping..I'd like to know if the servers will be back up through the night or not. The thread claims not but I assumed GOA would have a 24 hour support team attempting to solve any major problems..After all...The more downtime the more money they lose.

Forfid

Fledgling Freddie
MaddogUK said:
due to me being rather ill and DAoC being my one pleasure through it..especially as i'm not sleeping..I'd like to know if the servers will be back up through the night or not. The thread claims not but I assumed GOA would have a 24 hour support team attempting to solve any major problems..After all...The more downtime the more money they lose.

i hope u get better soon mate :)

but if i were you dont count with the 24h emergency crew, it will never happen.
They can't fix it and need to wait till Mythic is opened again.
Since they wont bother oversleeping might only be up tomorrow afternoon.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Forfid said:
Good job GOA...

Didn't know updating servers were such a big issue.

I found it when i started playing Daoc in GOA servers...

/rep point to the genious that runs GOA.

I hope Warhammer dosent come to europe in their hands.

/pray
I take it you've never played US DAoC, WoW, SW:G, Asheron's Call, Shadowbane or practically any other MMO then? All of those have had bad patch days wher the servers were up and down for weeks sometimes after a patch. With some of them it was every patch. Today's WoW patch took all day, the German servers were still down last I looked and their home page is unreachable - and that's from a company that develops the game they host.

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Open Gorre on Patch day - patch it first - open it to the waiting hordes - if it all goes belly up - sort the problem out on Gorre - in the mean time re-open all the other servers - unpatched. Rinse and repeat until you get it up and running on test server - might be a small pain shutting normal servers down every now and then to push the populous onto Gorre - but you get a full load test b4 messing with the main servers.

I call for a test server to be available - at the very least if not all the time, defo on patch days.

Best test in the world is 3500 all trying to log onto test server, best bug testers in the game are 3500 players. Involvle the community - then we moan less (well maybe)

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
Mythic said:
Our billing and technical support department will be closing two hours early (6:00 PM EST) on Thursday, March 30 for their bimonthly staff meeting.

Seems mythic closes early tommorow too :p I don't know if this involves the programmers too tho :p

Truflight

Fledgling Freddie
MaddogUK said:
:fluffle: :fluffle: :fluffle: :fluffle: Get well Soon Hun

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Hmmmm think I will light my hair on fire and go run down me street screaming "DOOOOOOOM" because I can't log onto DAOC for 1 day... or 10 days... or ever again... might not be a bad thing for a lot of people tbh if it never came back up - just to put things in perspective a lil ;)

hiksta

Fledgling Freddie
i just returned from a 8 mounths break, so no skin off my teeth

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom