servers down

eSo

Can't get enough of FH
ok back up again, thank god.

Fellavader

Fledgling Freddie
Give GOA a break :p

Think it's a little harder to keep the servers running as well as GOA has managed than many of the people here seem to think ;)

Anyways, there are bound to be many people for whom the night has been ruined, as the servers are, afaik, more likely to crash when there are many people on. So arguments like "omg nice timing GOA you ruined my mlraid" don't really hold as the number of people on such a raid will increase the possibilities of a crash...

So I guess my point is... If you don't want the servers to crash...er.. don't log in.. yeah :p

Go go enjoy irl =)

Edit: Nerf, too late with my Grympy-old-man-comment =P

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
You were lucky We were on ML 5 BG and had just Got on Boat when we got that Message so you can guess where they gonna end up when Server comes back.

Soulja

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
Fellavader said:
Give GOA a break :p

Think it's a little harder to keep the servers running as well as GOA has managed than many of the people here seem to think ;)

Anyways, there are bound to be many people for whom the night has been ruined, as the servers are, afaik, more likely to crash when there are many people on. So arguments like "omg nice timing GOA you ruined my mlraid" don't really hold as the number of people on such a raid will increase the possibilities of a crash...

So I guess my point is... If you don't want the servers to crash...er.. don't log in.. yeah :p

Go go enjoy irl =)

Edit: Nerf, too late with my Grympy-old-man-comment =P

That has nothing to do with why the servers are down.

Fellavader

Fledgling Freddie
Nomans Land said:
That has nothing to do with why the servers are down.

Well, as I said, I don't know what causes the problems, but I still think people should set things into perspective instead of rushing to FH and yell about it ;)

Ging

Part of the furniture
Fellavader said:
Well, as I said, I don't know what causes the problems, but I still think people should set things into perspective instead of rushing to FH and yell about it ;)

Working as i do in the same industry (sort of) im aware that systems in place such as this should have some sort of redundency. This sort of catastrophic problem means that those redundency measures are either not able to work round the issue or have failed themselves or are not applicable. That we got a warning of the imminent shutdown shows that it is a failure they are aware of and the ramificitons of keeping the servers up would cause more damage.

It is more likely a s/w problem and probably a DB corruption of some variety. If this is the case then dmg limitation is required and that is what has occured in the downing of the servers. If they can prevent another "prydwen" incident then ofc they do what they must.

Be patient and be prepared for some sort of roll back.

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
Calaclya said:
Be patient and be prepared for some sort of roll back.

Better not!!! The one night in over a week that I decide to play DAoC again in RvR and get a myself the little RPs I need to ding... I was 2k off before servers went down! Fookers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom