Servers down till 4pm GMT did i miss something !!??

H

heilel

Originally posted by Jeron
Thank god someone else noticed it, I must have spent 30mins or so looking around for a healer/shaman before i realised ;)

It was very confusing for me, as I was overclocking my PC last night and was just playing DAOC to test the stability of the overclock, so when the bear started making healing noises at me it confused me bigtime. :D

M

mucking_fuppet

Until 4... ahahahaha.... I have barely any free time and when I do I expect to be able to play the game I'm fucking paying for.

G

Gamah

Originally posted by mucking_fuppet
Until 4... ahahahaha.... I have barely any free time and when I do I expect to be able to play the game I'm fucking paying for.

I would rather have the game working without the bugs such as sound bugs, than be without the game for 2-3hours. Granted these should have not been an issue on patch day but these things happen!

L

Lorthania

My €0.2

I can imagine they are trying to fix the problems with the account page (which was quite a pressing issue the last few days), so they had to bring the login servers down as well... If your account can't be verified, no use trying to log on to it...

I do agree some notice on the maintenance would have been nice - even though I am at work and can't play anyway :).

However, GOA have usually been so nice to tell us when servers were going down. For this reason, I _am_ very much wondering whether something more urgent happened so the servers had to come down without further notice...

Well, go and do something else fun in the meantime :)

Grtz

Lorth

T

tripitaka

Tickles me...

Anyone who is on School Holidays atm whines because servers are down. Anyone who has a week off whines because servers are down.

Anyone who is at work, couldn't give a to$$.

Those who are on school hols - go and burn a book, read ur hidden stash of jazz mags (well look at the pictars anyways) and stop moaning

Those with a week off - do the hovering / tiling / washing-up / go down the gym.

Now 6pm if servers are still down - when those who are working get home... well thats another story ;) we'll all be shouting GIVF SERVERS !!1!one!

T

Tesla Monkor

The servers haven't been hacked. Those mobs appearing in the frontier was caused by a client-side exploit. (Which has since been fixed.)

The people who were using it have all had their accounts terminated for it. Messing around is baaaad, mmm'kay? ;)

Nothing to see, move along people.

I

i-scream

For more than 2h30 the servers are down now. It's past 3 PM now, servers are still down although GOA said they were going to be running again at 3 o'clock.

A

Aoln

has n o-one else bothered to check camelot-europe? :p

========

Important notice : Game password being changed.
[2003-26-08]

Hello,

These last days, you have probably noticed unusual things on Dark Age of Camelot :

Shutdown of Rightnow !, our customer service tool.
Shutdown of the subscription system.
Unusual events on the Prydwen server.
Since the 18th of August, Dark Age of Camelot Europe has been the victim of computer crime, like many other well known online services.

GOA's technical team immediately implemented a series of preventive measures, which resulted in the shutdown of our customer service tool, Rightnow !, and of the subscription system.

We have also lodged a complaint with the competent authorities.

As a cautionary measure, we have decided to change your "game" passwords. The game servers should thus be stopped for a maximum of 5 hours. The procedure of sending the mails should take about 24 hours, so do not worry if you do not receive your email right away.

In the days to come we are going to process the change of all "subscription" passwords. Services shutdowns are thus planned in order to finalise the reinforcement of the security measures of our platform.

We will keep you informed during the week of the precise planning for the restart of the different services, and we are doing everything possible to ensure once again an optimal service.

The DAoC Team

A

aslird

copied from the news site

Important notice : Game password being changed.
[2003-26-08]

Hello,

These last days, you have probably noticed unusual things on Dark Age of Camelot :

Shutdown of Rightnow !, our customer service tool.
Shutdown of the subscription system.
Unusual events on the Prydwen server.
Since the 18th of August, Dark Age of Camelot Europe has been the victim of computer crime, like many other well known online services.

GOA's technical team immediately implemented a series of preventive measures, which resulted in the shutdown of our customer service tool, Rightnow !, and of the subscription system.

We have also lodged a complaint with the competent authorities.

As a cautionary measure, we have decided to change your "game" passwords. The game servers should thus be stopped for a maximum of 5 hours. The procedure of sending the mails should take about 24 hours, so do not worry if you do not receive your email right away.

In the days to come we are going to process the change of all "subscription" passwords. Services shutdowns are thus planned in order to finalise the reinforcement of the security measures of our platform.

We will keep you informed during the week of the precise planning for the restart of the different services, and we are doing everything possible to ensure once again an optimal service.

The DAoC Team

Looks like it means you can't log on till you get your new password, when the servers are back up that is :)

O

old.Hellskor

am I paranoid if I guess that Albs get their new passwords first and go raiding before any Mid can log back in ?

Site is still down for me.

O

old.Tzeentch

uff, so many peoples lives revolve around daoc :c

H

Hrogar

What's the difference between a hack and a client-side exploit? I'm not very technical...

T

tripitaka

Originally posted by i-scream
For more than 2h30 the servers are down now. It's past 3 PM now, servers are still down although GOA said they were going to be running again at 3 o'clock.

LOL moan moan - at least theres a reason for it... its to protect the whiners... ironic isn't it.

Bet i-scream didn't read my original post... are you a Gym or a Jazz?

I

Isedarken_

Camelot home page gone!

I noticed the servers are down, but so is the camelot website it seems.....

S

scotty

Oh well, might as well venture out underneath the gaze of that evil ball of fire out there, its been a while, hope i dont burst into flames and disintegrate into ash ;)

I

i-scream

Originally posted by tripitaka
LOL moan moan - at least theres a reason for it... its to protect the whiners... ironic isn't it.

Bet i-scream didn't read my original post... are you a Gym or a Jazz?

Tripitaka, you didn't read my post. I was giving the status on the server, because the GOA-website doesn't work correctly eiter.

Now we are 3 hours past shutdown of the servers, they are still not working. Although GOA said servers were going to be up and running again at 3 PM, they still don't.

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by old.Hellskor
am I paranoid if I guess that Albs get their new passwords first and go raiding before any Mid can log back in ?

Site is still down for me.

80 of us parked outside your relic keep just waiting to log on ;)

I

i-scream

What exactly does GOA mean in their last sentence of their announcement of today ?

... and we are doing everything possible to ensure once again an optimal service.

M

mucking_fuppet

This is bullshit service tbh, but I suppose at least GOA are consistent - they're always bullshit.

T

tripitaka

Originally posted by i-scream
Tripitaka, you didn't read my post. I was giving the status on the server, because the GOA-website doesn't work correctly eiter.

Now we are 3 hours past shutdown of the servers, they are still not working. Although GOA said servers were going to be up and running again at 3 PM, they still don't.

oh but i did read your post - hence the reason for my sarcasm...

The servers were down / are down because they are implemeting something that will stop haxx0rs - yet you still moaned.

I know the webpage was down. However i managed to get into it to read about the password changes.. b4 it was posted on this thread or on BW. strange how you couldn't get to the webpage.

Ive never had reason to moan about Goa , or Mythic, because im at work when most of the 'problems' occur.

Even on patch day when i was at home , i was impressed with the speed in which the servers came back up again... But a bit miffed at the sound bug. I didn't complain tho. Rightnow has always been good, when ive asked my '2' questions.

My point is why mope over something ur paying for.. If you can't use the service, then dont, and stop your subs until ur happy that GOA / mythic are better at what they are trying to provide.

Oh I forgot LOL - my first moan - subs page is down so we can't cancel the subs after all.

I

i-scream

Servers are still down, since 12.25 CET today. (GOA said they would be up and running again at 15.00 CET)

GOA's website is still not giving recent information on server status.

The down time for customers is more than doubled now.

The e-mails with information on account has not been sent yet.

Now, who's complaining ? This is the latest information on the European servers.

(and stop moaning on other customers Tripitaka, or is your employer GOA ?)

C

chigs

hmmm

anyone remeber if it was just the game pass or sub pass to ?

:(((

I

i-scream

Servers 7 hours down now.
More than 4h30 too late for reopening them, like they announced it ingame.

S

Scor

I just got 1 question: Are they still working on this atm? Or is it useless for me to keep waiting?

A

andruril

duh they went home after a long *hard* days work and will be back in office at 8:30 tomorrow morning...

:)

S

suzandra

Anyone got any idea when then servers are coming back up? it's 7pmGMT and they're still not running...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom