Servers back up - What was fixed?

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Because i'm not the only one who would like to know.

first :lol:

mongst the changes are the following two items:
Pets and their ability bars will no longer disappear from a player’s screen at random intervals.
We have fixed an issue in which players were sometimes able to avoid the instance lock-out timers for certain 6-man instances.

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
Why do they use CEST or CET and not like everyone else worldwide who use GMT?

Poag

m00?

Because its a French company and thus France is the centre of the loliverse.

Tomorrow morning all servers will be brought down for an update at around 8am CET. We expect that this patch operation will take until the end of the morning to complete.

Amongst the changes are the following two items:
Pets and their ability bars will no longer disappear from a player’s screen at random intervals.
We have fixed an issue in which players were sometimes able to avoid the instance lock-out timers for certain 6-man instances.

We will keep you informed on the progress of these fixes.

Update at 08:00 CEST: All servers are now down and the patch is being applied.

Update at 10:00 CEST: All servers are back up. Go and fight!

Heta

Fledgling Freddie

cause they use the timezone they are in?

wasn't aware that all other worldwide companies not located in the UK used GMT, just take a look at the US servers ;)

Belsameth

Tainted

Actually, most MMO companies use the timezone in which they're located. It's just the english that think everybody uses GMT ;)
CET is better anyway. It's not Civilized European Time for nothing :p

Anyway. If you insist on being universal, use UTC. It's there for a reason...

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
Fair enuff was a simple question ..why then one post use CEST and then another use CET?
And for all you smart asses.. GMT is where all time zones are taken from:twak:

Don't troll pikeh it was a question not a whine.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
CEST is the uncommon name for Central European Summer Time - but most people refer to it as CET year-round (even though they're not on CET but on CEST) - a bit like a lot of people refer to GMT when they mean BST in the summer.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Fair enuff was a simple question ..why then one post use CEST and then another use CET?

switching on the tv to watch the carebear show;)

[edit: who cares about time imo, its all about ingame timexD]

pikeh

Resident Freddy

Sorry, sounded a bit like GOA-bashing, no doubt someone will whine about it :)

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
I know what they mean Flim.
bleeding hell such hostility over a simple non whine non bashing anyone question.

Proa

Fledgling Freddie

CET - Central European Time
CEST - Central European Summer Time

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Patch and time zones

Aside from the fixes already mentioned, we also applied the change to the White Lion "Pounce" ability; this ability now require an enemy target to be used. Among other implications of this, the ability can no longer be used to - among other things - gain an unfair advantage in the Tor Anroc scenario. We've also implemented a fix to Phoenix Gate, preventing an exploit where players were able to get back to the spawn point.

The news on war-europe.com is published by us in Community Management and so in Ireland=GMT. Us using central european time rather than the timezone we're in ourselves is simple; the majority of our players are in the central european time-zone.

We started using the indeed not-so-common CEST rather than CET a while back, as many insisted to point out that CET may or may not include daylight savings. Why anyone not working at the European Space Agency would not include summertime in their time-stamps remain a mystery to me but atleast now we've got our back covered.

-Magnus

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for that Magnusk,though i still reckon time's should be in GMT:england:

Zandr

Fledgling Freddie
Aside from the fixes already mentioned, we also applied the change to the White Lion "Pounce" ability; this ability now require an enemy target to be used. Among other implications of this, the ability can no longer be used to - among other things - gain an unfair advantage in the Tor Anroc scenario. We've also implemented a fix to Phoenix Gate, preventing an exploit where players were able to get back to the spawn point.

The news on war-europe.com is published by us in Community Management and so in Ireland=GMT. Us using central european time rather than the timezone we're in ourselves is simple; the majority of our players are in the central european time-zone.

We started using the indeed not-so-common CEST rather than CET a while back, as many insisted to point out that CET may or may not include daylight savings. Why anyone not working at the European Space Agency would not include summertime in their time-stamps remain a mystery to me but atleast now we've got our back covered.

-Magnus

MagnusK u know "pounce" was only way to get to middle and get a fair 50/50 chance of getting / fighting for buble as Order?

Tell me MagnusK the way we should go as Order to get to flag same time as Destruction guys? Even if i time the lagg starts and sprint jump the curves i still cant get there "first" or a chance to interrupt Destru...

Do tell me if im wrong :)

Firedog

Fledgling Freddie
MagnusK u know "pounce" was only way to get to middle and get a fair 50/50 chance of getting / fighting for buble as Order?

Tell me MagnusK the way we should go as Order to get to flag same time as Destruction guys? Even if i time the lagg starts and sprint jump the curves i still cant get there "first" or a chance to interrupt Destru...

Do tell me if im wrong :)

Yep.. its true.. it was the only way Order could actually get the bouble first..
So now we are just screwed.. cause no way a WL can use flee and charge and then be at the bouble first, its testet so much.. soo no Tor anroc wins it seems.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Theres been plenty of times Order havn't got to the bauble first and still outplayed destro and won quite comfortably. I agree it's not fair to have them different distances, but its not just as simple as "destro win 100%".

Belsameth

Tainted
Yeah, but Order needs every headstart they can get to at least have a bit of a chance. it's not like they already have 2970562389756 knockback abilities per class :p

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
I do recognize that with the change of the Pounce ability, Order's chances in Tor Anroc are somewhat reduced. That said, the way Pounce was used in Tor Anroc was blatantly out of line with the spirit of the ability as well as the scenario. Balancing of Tor Anroc is a separate issue which need to be addressed as-is.

-Magnus

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
I'm sure charge was overlooked also. Waiting for that to be changed :)

Dont start nerfing this ability and that ability becuase it gives a small advantage in a limited amount of situations. You are starting down a path that i'm sure mythic dont want to go.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I'm sure charge was overlooked also. Waiting for that to be changed :)

Dont start nerfing this ability and that ability becuase it gives a small advantage in a limited amount of situations. You are starting down a path that i'm sure mythic dont want to go.

Charge is different to pounce, and WL get the same ability.

Pounce enabled WL to bug over the lava, Charge allows both WL and Marauder to run faster without any effect from snares (including lava) and afaik that is working as intended.

The only problem now as magnus/pikeh stated is the terrain being different at either ends of the map making it a shorter distance for Destruction, but this isn't a class balance issue that can be fixed with nerfs, it's a shit map design.

MephTheLaw

Fledgling Freddie

Unless you're retarded you would know CET is basically the Europe time zone, which is

GMT + 1, 1 hour after us, 60 mins after us, 3600 sec’s after us. So why would you need 2 times? Maybe for US time zones like +6 and +7, but normal people just look at the clock and go “1 hour after that".

Granpa

Fledgling Freddie
Actually we dont go back to to Greenwich Mean untill the last sunday of this month, we are on British Summer at the moment which is GMT+1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom