Server versus. Server, possible?

O

old.Rei Ayanami

Here i am minding my own business and i read a thread about what the purpose of guilds are. And someone mentions PvP guilds' purpose are to hit L50 and kick french and german arshes. Hmmm that's a pretty good idea, why not make a server for that?
Have a system that allows you to move 1 character to x server. Since there are 3 realms and 3 different language servers we could make it so... All english people get their characters moved to Midgard, french to albion, germans to hibernia ect. ect. Kinda like the Coop server in the US, just we're doing RvR.

I'll be a little more specific:

You move your character, level 50 wizard from excalibur, and since you move it from excalibur it goes into the midgard slots on the new server versus. server. Same would apply for prydwen players, all english chars go to midgard. Same goes for germans they just move to hibernia and french to albion.
So that you have different kinds of realms in the same realm.
After that you do RvR like every other server, just you're fighting the frogs or sausages ^^ There are of course issues to work out before this could get working, but would _you_ be interested in such a server? Competing with your current enemies against the dirty french or the filthy germans :)

In theory this is language vs. language, or country vs. country... but you get the picture :)

Please share your thoughts if such an idea would be possible :)

T

Teren

hehe nice idea, i would surely like to kick some froggie ass :)

but imagine the population: mid(engl) 500 / alb(fren) 800 / hib(ger) 1400 :p

that's at day time :)

L

loxleyhood

I've always wanted UK vs. US :)

But imagine the lag! :p

F

finbahr

i would like all rr10 from all over the world to be put in a RvR zone and see who come out teh champ making it poss for us all to be able to watch as ghosts with free movement

A

Archeon

Great idea, i could see it being a lot of fun being able to play against whole different servers. It'd also be interesting to see who would assume the role of leadership (Would Albion players listen/take orders from people who played Midgard?). And don't forget the added bonus of being able to group with other classes. (Hib Support classes+Mid tanks would be quite nice i guess).

Still, taking a hard slap from the fish of reality its not too likley this would ever be implemented... which is actually a real shame. :(

O

old.Rei Ayanami

I doubt GOA would spend their time on this. Looking at the idea wouldn't be wasted time. It would be a new way of putting together a server which would be only available in Europe. Which could lure some of the euro daoc players in the US back to playing in europe. So there is both a gamewise, ideawise and marketingwise idea in such a server. Basicly what you would need to work on an idea like this.

R

Riddler

make a petition imo :D

tho...i dont think we should mix all realms into one, that wouldnt really reflect on the real lvl of "skillzzzz" the guilds have.....

would be cool if one realm from each server got 1 week each, or even one day vs the two other realms from 2 other servers

anyways....make strong petition for something like this please :D

(should be very possible doing it the pendragon way etc)

W

Whoodoo_RD

I like the idea of battlegrounds for guilds, so 3 mid guilds could fight it out say 2fg in the BG maps.

S

Sharma

Server Versus Server, imagine it, prydwen albs + Excal albs...

/boggle o_O

Would be crazy

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Awesome idea. Might work better if all the classes were able to mix around though because I doubt current Middies would want to give up their savages to play...an armsman. ;)

A full out war between England, Germany and France would be great. Then we could do Europe vs. America. :D

...although it would probably be Europe vs. America + England. :/

This should be the future of wars; fighting for world democracy in Emain instead of on the battlefields. :)

B

Begach

Be cool as shit that actually. Everyone who aint from your server is teh enemy. Would rock.

Can't see it workin though. Timezones would be an issue i think. Europe would zerg it to shit with no us opposition an when they turned in (ie went to bed) the US would hit the servers an flatten anyone left from the EU. I very much doubt peek usage times in US/EU are even close.

Givf anyway though. Fookin crackin idea.

B.

O

old.Nol

hey, there are even some south africans on this server...sure we could have a token fg :D

B

belth

Originally posted by loxleyhood

Yep, all those people running around in epic armor and DF weapons :D

S

Staan

err there's a problem, i'm french and i play on excal, where i belong then ? :S

-edit- btw on camlann most of guilds are one language only, ie that guild is french that one is swedish and that one is english. so its often ends in french vs german and stuff like that.

there's even rp guilds on camlann, like they only got female chars and pwn every male chars they met :S

O

old.Rei Ayanami

GOA gave all english players a free day sometime ago. It's something to do with what language you registered your account in or something. So it is possible

D

Driwen

or you could just say that you can do one /transfer char and that if that char is on an uk server you are english and if its on french.... etc

K

kirennia

/who emain

Too many players (1200)

o_O

If it worked and we all sudden had fantastic computers and GOA had amazing servers, then yeah but until the super computer is built, it wont happen :/ Camlann is the closest you could get which is already here :p

S

Sluge Ulv

A full out war between England, Germany and France would be great. Then we could do Europe vs. America

So all ppl playing Mid/excalibur cant join in the war :(

I meen 50% of the pop here are swedish.. the rest from Denmark/Norway :p

D

Danya

Originally posted by kirennia
/who emain

Too many players (1200)

o_O

If it worked and we all sudden had fantastic computers and GOA had amazing servers, then yeah but until the super computer is built, it wont happen :/ Camlann is the closest you could get which is already here :p
Assuming you could even get on the server... :p

O

old.Kerosene

Originally posted by loxleyhood

Not a problem matey. I play in China and have to go through America across to Europe. I have little lag now.

A

arrakeen

If they did this they should make the server so it only was running the frontier zones, and only let lvl 50 people copy there.

That way you wont have so meny on, and because you dont need hardware to run all the other zones you could use that hardware to make emain etc. run more smooth

That way it would be a dedicated RvR server, would be great i think :O

K

kathal_tdd

Originally posted by old.Kerosene
Not a problem matey. I play in China and have to go through America across to Europe. I have little lag now.
It’s a server problem, not a connection problem.
Btw. the population problem could be solved by making a max numbers of ppl in each realm. 2000 from Excal/Pryd and so on. The correct the numbers if needed.

R

Riddler

1 realm from 1 server for 1 day etc would work imo

lets say first day we had Mids from exc or pryd, Albs from Avalon, Hibs from Brocceliande (sp?) or something like that :p

would work smooth :D

R

Reverant Mezz

they were on about doing it in shadowbane where u could teleport to another server and fight ppl like that, nice idea but i doubt u'll ever see it on daoc

R

Riddler

Originally posted by Reverant Mezz
they were on about doing it in shadowbane where u could teleport to another server and fight ppl like that, nice idea but i doubt u'll ever see it on daoc

should be easily done with some help from mythic, but hey, that aint gonna happen heh

Users who are viewing this thread