[NEWS] Server Transfers

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
Over the next few weeks we will be enabling server transfers to help balance the population. Players on some servers will have the option to move to a different server. To begin with we will be offering transfers from either low population or very busy servers to medium population ones. We are currently testing the systems that will make this possible and expect to be able to give you a firm date for the start of this process within the next few days.
In the meantime we are able to give you a list of the servers that will be open for transfer as well as the destination servers. They are as follows:
Core Roleplay Servers
Players on Makaisson will have the choice to move to Burlock

Open RvR Roleplay Servers
Players on Ellyrion will have the choice to move to Alarielle

Players on the following Core servers will have the opportunity to transfer to either the Karak Izor or the Karak Norn server:
Karak Ungor
Karak-Vlag
Karaz-a-Karak
Tor Anroc
Yvresse
Zhufbar
Worlds Edge Mountains

Players on the following Open RvR servers will have the opportunity to move to the Dragonback Mountains server:
Clar Karond
Mount Silverspear
Sea of Dreams
Tiranoc
Finuval Plain

Please note that this will be a character transfer and not a clone, if your character moves then this will not be reversible. You should be sure to talk with your guild and your other friends on the server to ensure that it is the right choice for you before you make a decision. Also please note that the restriction on realm choice will remain and so you will not be able to move to a server where you already have a character of the opposite realm, you will need to delete all such characters on the destination server before you move.
To assist you in your new home, all destination servers will benefit from a blanket 20% xp bonus to both realms.
As our tests conclude, we will be able to give you further information on this process so please be sure to check the news regularly for updates.

Source:Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
shame they dont' allow transfers from any core > any core etc.

I know they're trying to empty servers but transfers between larger servers of the same ruleset would be welcome too.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Well at least this is one less thing people can put on their 'GOA sucks because:' list

Succubi72

Fledgling Freddie
I agree.
I got tired of the low population and started some chars at Axe Bite Pass, where I really wanted to transfer my highlvl chars to. I have such a nice guild there :(

Runoff

Fledgling Freddie
Could do with more folk on k8p. oRvR @40 is getting abit quiet.

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
I agree.
I got tired of the low population and started some chars at Axe Bite Pass, where I really wanted to transfer my highlvl chars to. I have such a nice guild there :(

Been on axe bite pass since the start and already people are deserting it, feels deserted now. Our guilds called ronin but I doubt you'll see much of it because we're already falling apart.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Are they really going to try and move people away from high populated servers to medium servers?

Karak Eight Peaks is supposed to be high population, however we've no longer got any queues. I can't see many people who would want to transfer away from the server to something which is likely to be even more quiet.

I could understand if people still had to endure queues, but this is no longer the case!

00dave

I thought the answer was server merging not character transfering, it really doesn't make any sense. I don't think there are any high population servers atm.

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
I thought the answer was server merging not character transfering, it really doesn't make any sense. I don't think there are any high population servers atm.

Yes people QQ even though there's now character transfers :lol:

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Over the next few weeks?
Afiak other side of the pond is live and running since 2 weeks.
This must be a bad joke, talk here about damage dealing (bad one also). Can we have a damn ETA as any decent and serious company will give? Next few weeks can mean anything, pretty much like the Dyvet solution in Daoc (we are working on it tm), then out of the moon after 1 year, sorry we can't do jackshit.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
Could do with more folk on k8p. oRvR @40 is getting abit quiet.

Seems there are A LOT of rerolls/alts on K8P ATM. I just created some new characters there and have scenarios up with between 1 second and 1 minute wait time till 2:30 - 3 am CET.

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
Seems there are A LOT of rerolls/alts on K8P ATM. I just created some new characters there and have scenarios up with between 1 second and 1 minute wait time till 2:30 - 3 am CET.

Tier 3 is a 5-15 minute wait everytime at primetime

Xandax

Loyal Freddie

It isn't there yet. So your statement is plain wrong.

It is supposedly coming "over the next few weeks" which could mean anything up to months. Few weeks is so very vague and subjective.
Compared to the equal, but not identical service of the US that is - yet again - awful service from GOA.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
Tier 3 is a 5-15 minute wait everytime at primetime

Eeek (sorry, old habits die hard)! I hope this gets better once the cohort of players populating the lower tiers level up. But even if not, the queue times you reported are shorter than the ones I experienced on orrud for tier3.

Mr_Grumpy

Fledgling Freddie
Doing transfers to Izor is crap tbh. Izors pretty dead in the water and hasnt regularly showed med/med for weeks and weeks. Most times its low/low so how the fook did they decide its a high pop server to transfer TO?

Cluster the servers and forget the transfers ffs so much easier and tried and tested method.

Mr_Grumpy

Fledgling Freddie
ROFL actually just checking todays new on GOA. Theyre going to do transfers ie like the following;

over the next few weeks we will be enabling server transfers to help balance the population. Players on some servers will have the option to move to a different server. To begin with we will be offering transfers from either low population or very busy servers to medium population ones. We are currently testing the systems that will make this possible and expect to be able to give you a firm date for the start of this process within the next few days.

Players on the following Core servers will have the opportunity to transfer to either the Karak Izor or the Karak Norn server

then this morning;

We have recently changed the bonuses awarded to underpopulated realms. The new list is as follows:
Core Servers:
Karak Izor – both realms
Karak Norn – both realms

No i know they said they "To assist you in your new home, all destination servers will benefit from a blanket 20% xp bonus to both realms." but no transfers have taken place yet so this doesnt benefit the new people just the ones already there .The bonus was supposed to be after the transfers same as mythics method.

How can say on one hand here lets transfer you to a med pop server then the following day say heres some bonus for you since yer on an under pop server? :wanker:

00dave

You're an idiot, character transfers just mean spreading people out over more empty realms. Merging realms would be a better way of doing it.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
You're an idiot, character transfers just mean spreading people out over more empty realms. Merging realms would be a better way of doing it.

I think the logic behind this is that every (active) player will transfer off the "low" servers over onto others thus creating higher population servers, and all but empty servers.

Thus creating the possibility for removing servers entirely without a merger or even having the server list intact but "just" with empty servers, so they do not need to fear the bad PR of merging/removing servers :)

Kelster

Fledgling Freddie
Izor is dying imo, started again on K8P, far more people on there. Shame really as they are going to allow transfers to a Izor which is reducing in population already, so they will just top Izor back up to the low population it is now, as most would of already left.

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Doing transfers to Izor is crap tbh. Izors pretty dead in the water and hasnt regularly showed med/med for weeks and weeks. Most times its low/low so how the fook did they decide its a high pop server to transfer TO?

Cluster the servers and forget the transfers ffs so much easier and tried and tested method.
Izor is dying imo, started again on K8P, far more people on there. Shame really as they are going to allow transfers to a Izor which is reducing in population already, so they will just top Izor back up to the low population it is now, as most would of already left.
To start with, we're not going to offer transfers to a high population server, but rather from low to medium. Further, the low/med/high status of a server is not an ultimate indication of the server population. It is relative two factors: current number of players online and the max number of players allowed. Another way to express it is that these indications show how large of a fraction of the server's current capacity is online. Karak Izor and Karak Norn will receive character transfers from seven other servers. Coupled with the universal exp and renown bonus we've now attributed them, I'm sure they will be sprawling soon enough.

Cheers,
Magnus

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
To start with, we're not going to offer transfers to a high population server, but rather from low to medium. Further, the low/med/high status of a server is not an ultimate indication of the server population. It is relative two factors: current number of players online and the max number of players allowed. Another way to express it is that these indications show how large of a fraction of the server's current capacity is online. Karak Izor and Karak Norn will receive character transfers from seven other servers. Coupled with the universal exp and renown bonus we've now attributed them, I'm sure they will be sprawling soon enough.

Cheers,
Magnus

so for instance i see

karak-azgal order: high - noobs: high

this means for example 80% of order and destro have filled up?
aka 800 of 1000 people allowed?

but i see karaz-a-karak
order: low - noobs: low

this can also means this is 800 of 2500 oeple allowed?

or characters made, and chars playing %?

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
I know you didn't intend it that way, but your post looks like you are trying to show order are noobs through statistical correlation :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom