Server switch problems

Quazzimodo

Fledgling Freddie
:mad: Just recently i thought i would change from Alb to Hib on the server prydwen, allready being on mid on excal (lvl 24 warlock) But, when i deleted all my characters on pryd to change to hib, it automatically made me Mid on pryd!!!!!!!!!

Honestly no joke!! i am so annoyed!!

I was like :eek2:

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Should have read what GOA had to say about clustering then.

Agent Davidov

Fledgling Freddie
The powers that be have decided that we only deserve to play on one realm per cluster but couldn't justify deleting the toons created prior to the clustering. End result is that if you delete all your Pryd toons you can then only create toons on Pryd for the same realm as you have toons on Excal.

Sux ass big time IMO :twak:

You may be able to RightNow it to get your Albs back ("My annoying little brother..." etc. etc.) then wait for classic to try out Hib.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Quazzimodo said:
:mad: Just recently i thought i would change from Alb to Hib on the server prydwen, allready being on mid on excal (lvl 24 warlock) But, when i deleted all my characters on pryd to change to hib, it automatically made me Mid on pryd!!!!!!!!!

Its cause of the cluster, you cant make chars on a different realm on the cluster if you already have chars on one realm.
Unless you had chars on both realms before cluster.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Guess you can look at it this way also.... one less warlock in the world! :D

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
I suggest you regularly read http://daoc.goa.com/en/. That way you wont ever in these sort of problems. I'm afraid now that it is done there is nothing you can do, you're stuck with Mid and only mid.

You can try out hibernia once the classic server comes out though.

Septina said:
Guess you can look at it this way also.... one less warlock in the world! :D
Incorrect, all he has left is Mid. So more time playing the warlock :p

Quazzimodo

Fledgling Freddie
at least i love my warlock though!! Ahh well i've created a vamp on PVP server, see what it's like, anyway whats this classic server your talking aboot?

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Quazzimodo said:
at least i love my warlock though!! Ahh well i've created a vamp on PVP server, see what it's like, anyway whats this classic server your talking aboot?
Like i said, its a really good idea if you bookmark the URL I gave above. The upside of paying a monthly fee to play this game is that they are constantly changing/improving it. It's good to actually know about these changes so that you don't do silly things like screw up your account so you can only play one realm :p

A classic server is a server with no /level 20, effectively no buffbots (in RvR anyway) and no ToA - artifacts and Master Levels dont exist. For most people though, it will just be a chance to have alts in the one realm of the three that they dont currently play.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
I deleted my chars on Hib/Pry because I wanted to play on Midgard. All that happened was I had to wait 1 hour after deleting, until I was allowed the option to select a realm on Prydwen.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Quazzimodo said:

another monkeyboy who doesnt read goa news....sry.

wanna change realm del all of your chars on pryd and excal.

i have allso heard that char restore is nearly impossible now!1 is that right?

Quazzimodo

Fledgling Freddie
Well i've asked GOA if i can do anything, havent had a reply yet, been waiting 2 days. if i cant go hib then i'll try and get my chars back (lvl 21 Heretic!!)

thanks for the posts

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Similar problem here - but was away when cluster arrived and had no cahrs on Excal - now I cannot create any other realm. As it stands have written to Trading Standards - they agree that this is a breach of contract - and I am considering taking this up with Mythic/GoA. - why should I still pay for half the capability I had prior to cluster.

If you pay for any other service they must contact you prior to altering terms/conditions.

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
they have other realms and server, just not within the cluster / same language. And as the CoC states, Mythic / GoA have the right to do anything they want with the game and are meerly supplying you with a service. You had enough warning to roll on the other side, no one to blame but yourself.

Oh n 1 last thing, you never sign a cotract with Mythic / GoA, you just agree to obide by there rules as you use there equipment.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Sparda said:
they have other realms and server, just not within the cluster / same language. And as the CoC states, Mythic / GoA have the right to do anything they want with the game and are meerly supplying you with a service. You had enough warning to roll on the other side, no one to blame but yourself.

Oh n 1 last thing, you never sign a cotract with Mythic / GoA, you just agree to obide by there rules as you use there equipment.

doesent really matter tho, its unfair and could probably go under discrimination if it were ever taken to court to not have the option to play on all the realms (in a language u can understand). both the french and the germans have that option. (yes its silly and will never happend)

having the "but u CAN play on all realms, just roll on a server with a language u cant understand" argument is pretty sad. just because YOU are happy to only play 1/3:rd or 2/3:rd of a game doesent mean everybody else is. mythic CAN make the language files be client side insted of server side, they are just to damn lazy to fix that so GOA can implement it. yes it will probably mean some more work but i dont really give a damn. without us paying them they wont have a job. and making the language files be clientside could probably keep alot of ppl from quitting because the thought of rerolling a 3+ million RP toon isnt what ppl find fun and worthwhile..

i'm not demanding that GOA should open 2 new english servers, just saying that giving us the option of playing on a French or German server with english text cant be to much to ask for.

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Sparda said:

Well said - but CoC last updated "February 2003" - so have not been updated unless your read website, as I was away when change happened I had no oppurtunity to be made aware. All I ask is that we be given a further oppurtunity to start a different realm. All in the interest of fairness and customer satisfaction. I stopped playing whilst all my Chars were rendered useless by the Prydwen server crash - I think it is little to ask, will promote good relations which will make ppl stay and play.

Your right you do not sign a contract - but you do agree to abide by EULA each time you log on, which is the equivalent of a contract :)

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
LawBringer said:
Well said - but CoC last updated "February 2003" - so have not been updated unless your read website, as I was away when change happened I had no oppurtunity to be made aware. All I ask is that we be given a further oppurtunity to start a different realm. All in the interest of fairness and customer satisfaction. I stopped playing whilst all my Chars were rendered useless by the Prydwen server crash - I think it is little to ask, will promote good relations which will make ppl stay and play.

Your right you do not sign a contract - but you do agree to abide by EULA each time you log on, which is the equivalent of a contract :)
They've been talking about clustering since April. Everytime (more or less) that it's been mentioned since then they've pointed out the downside of less choice. People still voted for it so they went ahead with it - here is a longer explanation of the consequences from as long ago as May. The EULA doesn't need to be updated everytime the game changes as it doesn't describe the game, only the terms you have to agree to in order to play so the EULA won't get updated just because of a patch or a game change like clustering. If you can't be arsed to read the website where future changes are announced then you really can't whine that you're not being properly informed.

There's no 'breach of contract' as there was never any agreement between you and Goa that you'd have access to more than one realm on a regular English server or in fact any agreement about the amount of choice you'd have. You have about as much to whinge about as those American warlock players who were going to sue Mythic after the Warlock nerf because their characters weren'tas much fun to play anymore.

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
Ill point out a few more things,
Theres the PvP server, thats english, and the "classic" server opens soon, again that will be english.
Also, do you think the dane's and swede's though omfg lets sue Mythic/GoA cause theres no server in my language.....
Also CoC, stand for code of conduct. Or im more simple tearms, how to behave while using these servers.

Now theres no point arguing about it, legaly you have no ground to stand on. So either get on with it and stop moaning, or stop playing and paying for a service your not happy with.

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Sparda said:
Ill point out a few more things,
Theres the PvP server, thats english, and the "classic" server opens soon, again that will be english.
Also, do you think the dane's and swede's though omfg lets sue Mythic/GoA cause theres no server in my language.....
Also CoC, stand for code of conduct. Or im more simple tearms, how to behave while using these servers.

Now theres no point arguing about it, legaly you have no ground to stand on. So either get on with it and stop moaning, or stop playing and paying for a service your not happy with.

You aint been on the PVP server for a while then - server maybe in English but we've been invaded :m00:

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
LawBringer said:
Similar problem here - but was away when cluster arrived and had no cahrs on Excal - now I cannot create any other realm. As it stands have written to Trading Standards - they agree that this is a breach of contract - and I am considering taking this up with Mythic/GoA. - why should I still pay for half the capability I had prior to cluster.

If you pay for any other service they must contact you prior to altering terms/conditions.

they dont have to contact you personally imo, they sayd it like million times on theyr home page so its your problem you dont have a second realm on excal.
+ it was know allso when US players got theyr clusters. ppl speaked about it and knew what was done.

and for the terms and conditions. nothing has changed in that department. same old stuff, same old rules.

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
Sparda said:

you don't need a contract(if you sign a contact that is totally against the consumers rights that contract is in breach of the law and would side with the consumer you would find). would not be worth pusuing in the courts because of the money, but i do beleive that you have half the service for the same price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom