[INFO] Server Status

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
I have made a server status page for those who cant be bothered trying to log in and out whenever the servers are down to try and see if they are up again.

WAR Server Status

The script is based on IP, if the IP is responsive it will show as online.

Usually when GOA have a responsive IP it means the server is in the process of coming online.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Wow excellent idea. For the non-technical minded maybe you could just put a note about what exactly "online" means in this case? I assume that it is possible for the IP to be resolvable but its still not possible to log in?

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
Added it to the bottom :) Thanks for the feedback

Tetley

Fledgling Freddie
Handy but it has problems. It is showing Karak-Hirn and others being cloned as online at the minute, but it is down.

Hope it does work in long run , will be useful.

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
It is because they are online just you cant log in :(

knightyc

Fledgling Freddie
oh well so much for playing before work. might have to be off because ive done my back in....

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks, fixed.

GOA's site actually says the servers are all online, so maybe my script isnt wrong after all :)

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
I have made a server status page for those who cant be bothered trying to log in and out whenever the servers are down to try and see if they are up again.

WAR Server Status

The script is based on IP, if the IP is responsive it will show as online.

Usually when GOA have a responsive IP it means the server is in the process of coming online.

Excellent idea. rep-worthy IMHO

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
They have reworded that line twice, first it was the servers are open, then accessible soon and now the above :p

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
Rewrote script, and changed layout slightly.

SonicBorg

Regular Freddie
Hey Penlid, This is really handy,

I was wondering if you might be willing to setup something where guilds could possibly use this to show the status of their server choice on their website please?

Or maybe even have it running through WARDB who i'm sure would love to add something like this :)
Would love to be able to have this show in a block on SMF/tinyportal..

Thanks for your work matey

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom