Server selection...

PVP or PVE

• Total voters

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
So what kind of servers are you heading for in SWTOR? :)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Ancient Shadows are going PvE server. Ultimately not sure what I personally will play most on as I'll be taking a look at all the server types. If Sith becomes overpopulated compared to Republic I'll be lowering the amount of time I spend as Sith and playing somewhere else as Republic. I'm not having Warhammer all over again.

rynnor

Rockhound
PvE - going Republic side by daughters choice but it doesnt seem a bad idea if the majority go Sith - is Sorcerer the most popular Advanced Class?

Corran

Part of the furniture
PvP - Sith. \cho dragged me there. lol. didnt care pve or pvp so just went with a guild i be happy with

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Looking at Sith Warrior or Jedi Knight, but will need alts to get all craftings done... :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
Going pvp, still not sure what side im going I like being the underdog but enjoyed the Sith story much more.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Republic for me, and I'd be happiest on an RP PvE server. I don't tend to RP but there tend to be less queues and less kids, with a better community too.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
most of my lot were saying that the Republic side had better "general" chat, with less mongoloids, but then i ran , er,black talon 5 times, and the 2nd one in the mine three times with pugs, and did lots of random open world grouping, and never had any problems. So assume its the usual 1% of hooting cockmunchers and the rest are ok.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Republic for me, and I'd be happiest on an RP PvE server. I don't tend to RP but there tend to be less queues and less kids, with a better community too.

Food for though inc.

Don't you think you are disrespecting the RP community by choosing an RP server from that way of thinking?

People generally choose RP servers to roleplay in. You said you don't roleplay (much anyway), and it can be quite infuriating for a true RP'er to read "LOL OMG WTF" when they are in an environment where those "words" should not exist.

If you don't intend to roleplay, and not just when it suits you, don't roll on a RP server, because you are taking away so much from the people that play on those servers with proper intentions. :)

I mean, you get annoyed at certain people on the normal servers, don't you think the RP'ers get just as annoyed at you for almost the exact same reasons?

Corran

Part of the furniture
In which case they can kick from group and/or put on ignore. Problem solved!?!?

I understand the reasoning from both sides mind you as do/did both. Mind you, most RP dont like true RP and just want happy happy roleplaying. When roleplayed a true merc in an RP guild during Daoc I got nothing but shit because I wasnt all lovey dovey with him and would cause agro within my character.
Mind you, when they purposely started getting pissy with me I did get more aggressive with it until they were at the stage where they gave an ultimatum, i told them to stuff their guild and took the merc to the RvR guilds that had other characters in :D

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Ctuchik said:
Food for though inc.

Don't you think you are disrespecting the RP community by choosing an RP server from that way of thinking?

Not at all. My characters will have appropriate names and if people RP to me I will respond in kind. But I am not about to run RP events or even attend them. I'm just happy to enjoy the immersion and reduced number of kids and tossers.

Have been on a Lord of the Rings RP server and Rift one in recent years without any problems whatsoever.

Pertan

Can't get enough of FH
My own choice for server type would be a normal pve server but if I picked that I wouldn't know anyone on it :(

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
Doesn't really matter , Since most people will play only for a short period of time.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Food for though inc.

People generally choose RP servers to roleplay in. You said you don't roleplay (much anyway), and it can be quite infuriating for a true RP'er to read "LOL OMG WTF" when they are in an environment where those "words" should not exist.

If you don't intend to roleplay, and not just when it suits you, don't roll on a RP server, because you are taking away so much from the people that play on those servers with proper intentions. :)

I mean, you get annoyed at certain people on the normal servers, don't you think the RP'ers get just as annoyed at you for almost the exact same reasons?
Played on RP server in WOW since release, hardly rp´d anything during that time, just liked the enviroment more, and some people who created chars just to piss people off where removed quite quickly. And we raided just as much as anyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom