Server Rules and Etiquette

S

Sh@dy

For the newbies among you who have managed to find their way to this forum I have decided to put down a little bit of a guide to playing in the BW SOF servers.

1. Speedcheating - There is no excuse whatsoever for this and if any player is seen by an admin to be speeding they will be kicked/banned fom the server without warning!

2. Weapon Dropping - Again, weapon dropping is disabled in MP play for a reason and therefore is considered a cheat when it is seen to be done. If an admin witnesses it he will first warn the player and if the player re-offends then he will be kicked.

3. The use of the CYAN color in your name - The CYAN color code in the color8.cfg file for making player names unfortunately causes the servers to lag (I won't go into technical details but take my word for it, it has been proven). A player that enters a server with CYAN in their name will be asked by an admin to remove it; if the player ignores the request or refuses then they will be kicked until such time as they return without the color.

4. Team Balance - I could go on all day about this but I'll stick to the simplistics. When you enter a server, please press the Q button to check the team balance; do not just look at the number of players on each team but also look at caps/points of the players and use your common sense as to which team would benefit from a little assistance from yourself. To switch teams simply press F10 and select the appropriate team color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom