server population

scorge

Fledgling Freddie

Bahumat

FH is my second home
*awaits requiel response*

"This is umm, err...yeah thats it, the time you looked on there was early so it would not have showed the...erm...well its complicated you see? you just wouldn't understand".

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
From what I see: The population problem is still here, but the 8 free days helped a lot, not only because I hear about people being happier, seeing new (old) faces, etc. but also because the graph for this year shows a visible bump in population, so there are people who are happy with this 8 days, happy with seeing things improving. The question is: How many people will stay, how many people will be on cluster in the next few weeks? If the increased population can stay, and some future freebies probably can improve the population again, that is vital information for GOA. It is a step that can help to find a long term solution.

While the numbers also say, too litte too late. This time it compensates for the amount of people the cluster lost in a month. But if GOA would get the same amount of people back in early march, the population would reach the level it was in early December, so before the population problem got realy bad.

With a good explanation on their part, it would help to keep more players, and at that date it would probably have a chance to get back more people, and some better feedback on FH would help again. And with information that time, they would be faster with designing the long term plans.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
With a good explanation on their part, it would help to keep more players, and at that date it would probably have a chance to get back more people, and some better feedback on FH would help again. And with information that time, they would be faster with designing the long term plans.

The longer the problem remains the harder it becomes for those active people who went either to US or to Avalon etc to come back. While I don't play on dyvet all the stuff I worked hard for is gradually losing value and the longer I play on avalon the more cash, friends, characters I will have to play.

As it stands now on dyvet I have 4 lvl 50s, 3 of whom are ML10 but only one is above cl5 and a total of about 4 million rp between them. I have probably got 30 plat in cash and another 50-100plat in items although when 1.88 arrives alot of the value will be gone. The templates they have are also old.

On Avalon I have 2 level 50s, both are ML10, both are above cl5 and both have new templates. I have a total of about 2 million realm points. I have about 20 plat in cash and maybe 5 plats worth of spare items.

In a few months time coming back to dyvet will be almost like re-rolling and nobody is going to try that on an almost dead server.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
at the time that was posted it was a small dip...

Of course the massive amount of bitching here on FH couldn't have helped the continuation of that decline at all, oh no ;)

but hey, I'm sure I saw Requiel post it was a Monday once but today is Thursday! OMGZ!

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture

Of course the massive amount of bitching here on FH couldn't have helped the continuation of that decline at all, oh no ;)

but hey, I'm sure I saw Requiel post it was a Monday once but today is Thursday! OMGZ!

Yes, the FH bitching is to blame for the server population decline :rolleyes:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

we all know its only a tiny proportion of the population read FH.... thats why the opinion polls are so useless :rolleyes:

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
we all know its only a tiny proportion of the population read FH.... thats why the opinion polls are so useless :rolleyes:
My thoughts exactly. Bit of double standards there, Flim.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!

I could have sworn I wrote "helped the continuation of the decline" above and not "IS THE SOLE REASON FOR EVERYTHING WRONG IN THE WORLD"...

But if you want to say that the negative posters on these boards have absolutely no effect whatsoever on the populations of the servers that's you're opinion and you're entitled to it. It'd be a hard thing to prove either way.

What have polls got to do with it anyway - if you take an opinion poll in a Tory safe seat you'll get a particular bias, but these people still get to vote...

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin: I think people who are happy with the population levels, and enjoy the game, hardly care if the population is too low for the others. Why? Because they enjoying the game, and they don't see the problem and don't agree with the comments.

People who already see a population problem on the other hand know the problem without it getting mentioned here.

But while negative comments have very little impact for the reasons above, there are two more important factors: People who hope to see an easy way to fix the population problem might hear here why clustering with US, clustering with germans, etc. is unworkable, so their illusions for an easy fix coming soon is dispelled. It is a far more significant factor.

But let me point to two other things: People see that other players are happy on other servers, including US servers, german servers, etc. and it is discussed openly, so they another option that looks good, and once they move, each and every achievement is a new reason to stick with the new server and abaddon dyvet.

Also: A new active subforum shows them, even if these people speak on other forums mostly if they want to contact people who play on same servers, the small portion of activity that appears here is significantenough for its own subforum, so they look more and more active.

But the most important is: They don't become unhappy after their posted their negative posts. They post their negative post when they are already unhappy, and the general unhappyness, the reason to feel unhappy, tell others about it, leave, etc. is one thing that causes population problem, the other is lack of good replacements (new players who stay). Neither starts with FH posts.

And while the posts makes it easier to spot problems, you as a player can spot unhappines ingame too. But the posts would give a good chance for GOA to react, understand some problems and fix the problems. Sadly they aren't that good with fixing the problems, managing the community (trying to keep people happy when they are unhappy).

Thadius

Part of the furniture
From what I see: The population problem is still here, but the 8 free days helped a lot, not only because I hear about people being happier, seeing new (old) faces, etc. but also because the graph for this year shows a visible bump in population, so there are people who are happy with this 8 days, happy with seeing things improving. The question is: How many people will stay, how many people will be on cluster in the next few weeks? If the increased population can stay, and some future freebies probably can improve the population again, that is vital information for GOA. It is a step that can help to find a long term solution.

While the numbers also say, too litte too late. This time it compensates for the amount of people the cluster lost in a month. But if GOA would get the same amount of people back in early march, the population would reach the level it was in early December, so before the population problem got realy bad.

Im waiting for my eu to patch, then pay my rent!

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
I love straw men.

If you can't find an argument you can win, pretend your opponent said something different :D

See above post :p

Badly worded perhaps, but I still think you implying that "FH bitching" is one of the reasons for server decline is quite laughable.

Typically your post style to attack everything with cheap shots.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
I could have sworn I wrote "helped the continuation of the decline" above and not "IS THE SOLE REASON FOR EVERYTHING WRONG IN THE WORLD"...

:eek6: :( but flim!!! how can you say such a thing:< if you havent got the solution! who has?:worthy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom