Server locations...

Urgat

Part of the furniture
So.

I know myself and my friends are discussing the possibility on playing on US WAR servers instead of EU ones.

What is everyone else considering?

We havent decided yet of course, a discission needs to be formed on better solid information... however, that said, i just have a "bad feeling" about EU servers run by someone other than Mythic.

I am aware that it has been announced that the "support" given will be the same... i dunno.. i just... have reservations at this stage.

Brale

Fledgling Freddie
I have been discussing this with friends as well and the current consus of opinion is to start on the US.
This is down to 2 reasons, the first been that English is the main/only language the US will run servers for. <No chance of clustering with a german server>.
The second is why take the risk of establishing yourself on a server that might not get any support or events.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Brale said:
The second is why take the risk of establishing yourself on a server that might not get any support or events.

u DO realize that mythic has a policy of NOT doing any events on their servers right? US DAoC players have whined loads about GOA events when mythic clearly state that they wont do anything like that.

so the chances that there will be events on the euro servers are far greater then it will ever happend on the US servers....

/edit: and if i wanna play on the US or EU servers, i think i'l prefer EU servers.

IF there will be events on the US servers u can bet ur right arm that it wont be anything that we can participate in unless we want to stay up all night for it.

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Will probably go US to avoid open transit, with EA in charge I would imagin the amount of content change will be minimal between US and EU.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Garok said:
Will probably go US to avoid open transit, with EA in charge I would imagin the amount of content change will be minimal between US and EU.

Pretty much of the same opinion, besides, most GOA quests were buggy or just plain pointless.

Tilda

I would urge people not to choose which servers they will base themselves on, until they learn where the servers will be sited.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
I would urge people not to choose which servers they will base themselves on, until they learn where the servers will be sited.

No-one is making any such decisions, this is more of a Mythic v GOA discussion and people do have a good point of reference from 5 years of DAoC experience to hold a constructive conversation on this topic.

Nightchill

Can't get enough of FH
Tallen said:
people do have a good point of reference from 5 years of DAoC experience to hold a constructive conversation on this topic.
With the premise that the servers will be in Paris again, sure. As Tilda says, let's wait for a bit more news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom