Server location

S

Skopti

This may sound a little dumb but is there a Euro based server for Eve or do you have to play on US servers?

M

Midgardian

Actually the servers are based in the UK

T

Tom

There are many servers so I understand. Tranquility is the one I connect to.

S

Skopti

Cool, thx for answers, I think I'll pick up my copy of eve on monday.

S

SilverHood

They're all in London

test server in Iceland

you connect to a proxi closest to your location, and you get a dedicated line direct to the server

thats how it worked back in beta anyway :)

A

adslrizla

I don't think they are in London. If they are then they are seriously underpowered and have been setup to make ICMP very low priority - if you ping the one you're connected to just after downtime (when the server is quiet) then you'll get a response of around 100ms. That's uncannily similar to the response time of other Icelandic servers.

Wherever they are they need a bit of an upgrade - I notice lag more and more now from 8-12pm and that lag just isn't there earlier in the day when the servers are quieter. And before anyone starts asking :

1) No it's not my ISP;
2) Yes I have relogged;
3) Yes I have rebooted;
4) No it's not my machine - I've tried 3 :)

I suspect it's the damn SQL database they're using that's causing the lag :(

B

Bazerka

Originally posted by adslrizla

I suspect it's the damn SQL database they're using that's causing the lag :(

Nah, that would be all the cargo pods m0o are using presently to win most of their gate camp battles ;)

B

Bazerka

Originally posted by adslrizla
I don't think they are in London.

I've just watched my tcpip stack whilst connecting and playing Eve.

There's 2 IPs used during the EULA process - one in Iceland and the other in Amsterdam. However, once I got to the char selection page and chose my char (ie. logged into a char), the only IP address in use from that point on, was the Icelandic ip. Ho hum :)

J.

A

adslrizla

Yep that's what I see on the router console too Jase. m0o also appear to have booted out half of their members this week - anyway I have no need to go near Mara/Passari anyway :clap:

A

adslrizla

Or Curse which is now where they're blockading - entry/exit fee is a flat 1 million ISK regardless of what you're flying....

O

Olgark

the servers are in London if I remember right. Thats where the beta ones where.

Users who are viewing this thread