Server dying

R

rynnor

Originally posted by old.Sandariel
That would mean 50% of all actively played players on Prydwen have a bot, I refuse to believe that ;)

Erm... <puts hand down n scuttles off>

But seriously of the mates I know who still play they all have a least 2 accounts and one greedy bugger has 4.

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by rynnor
...they all have a least 2 accounts and one greedy bugger has 4.
Bonedancer with one bot for each pet? :eek:

U

uma_thurman

Originally posted by Jonaldo
The game is dying, not the server.

Totally agree.

RvR is dominated by uber groups - high RR and *select* classes. These uber grps from the top RP guilds totally dominate to the extent where the casual gamer is forced to zerg to get a kill. Even powergamers that don't fit in to these uber grps are faring badly.

Seeing 5fgs of albs wiped by the 3 savage BO grp was sick, made worse by the fact that it was in Odin's! When the uber groups start ganking in Odin's, Hadrians and even DF (yes high RR players even kill in there), there's no option left other than PvE.

However, PvE in albion is all about necros and PLing. Farming epics is the fotm too, with the elite players farming the dragon for uber cash and taking 1fg to Sidi and the Grand Summoner. Old school xping is frowned upon.

Buffbots are getting out of hand too. I see so many ppl levelling in DF with a bot in tow. DF was about the only refuge for people without a buffbot to get RPs, but now we see people taking buffbots into DF when they hunt RPs. I refuse to get a buffbot myself, but what's the point if there is no single zone (including DF) where you cannot have a fight unbuffed versus unbuffed?

X

Xeanor

Uber groups only dominate on prydwen... that's why so many players play on excal still... everyone can kill something (zerg)

L

leviathane

Originally posted by Xeanor
Uber groups only dominate on prydwen... that's why so many players play on excal still... everyone can kill something (zerg)
not hard to make uber group, just rvr often..

O

old.mattshanes

You do now, every group i see in emain lately is a savage group.... go hw woohoo more savage groups... you need good tanks for those, even tried pbaoe group last night hohoho the fun of casters not even being able to nuke due to mythic fucking up again -_-

Give 1.63 please(asd nerf xD) xD

I do not think server is dying at all the population still seems around the same.

F

Falcon

Gotta remember there's always a fair few players playing with /level 30 on Pryd too.

U

uma_thurman

Originally posted by leviathane
not hard to make uber group, just rvr often..

Wrong.

It's a waste of time taking my friar, wiz or even my sorc to emain now. Caster survivability is at the worst I've ever seen it against high rr savage/healer groups or the odd high rr BD running around. Without determination my friar gets overlooked for groups too. It's a case of waiting for ages at the apk for a group and when you get one you get rolled quickly by optimised groups.

Funnily enough I sometimes take odd routes to get to amgE but somehow I get spotted and rolled still :rolleyes:

If RvRing often is standing a lot at the apk and then running out to get rolled all the time then I'll continue to do what lots are doing now...playing a stealther.

I laugh when I see the big names complaining about stealther adds (you know which people and guilds). They are the biggest reason why many roll stealthers because they are sick of getting fucked over. The only viable option for a decent run now for the casual gamer is a stealther.

T

The Real Redi

read about the first 10 posts and all it has done has confirmed my belief - If anything is killing the server it's fucking bots.

They are lame, and have killed off at least one class from each realm as a viable groupmember, whereas before people started getting hard-ons from being "b00f3d", we had hundreds of shit hot clerics - now we're reduced to a handful of reliable, grouping clerics who are really good at their job and enjoy it.

How many Clerics on this server have sat rotting, and levelled alts, cos they can't find a group that wants em? For a start, if you get two paladins with FH and a PBT theurg in a PvE group, then you're not really needin a cleric THAT much - maybe as a "just in case" thing, but the number of times i've been in g roup and the cleric has nothing to do, and eventually leaves to do something else.

Bot's suck satans cock, make the playing field uneven as hell elevating those who have the time and money to own a bot.

If the server dies, then i will point at the bot owners who are whining they can't get a decent fight in RvR anymore, and PvE is deserted.

Fuck buffbots, fuck em in their ears and stick carnivorous mites in their eyes. I like clerics to have a peronality and a blin of talent, not a degree in standing still outside PK/BKs...

Besides, if Prydwen is dying, then what the hell is going on with Carnac, Camlann, Dartmoor and Logres? Even at peak hours, they are often running a good 200-300 LESS than pryd...

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by The Real Redi
read about the first 10 posts and all it has done has confirmed my belief - If anything is killing the server it's fucking bots.

They are lame, and have killed off at least one class from each realm as a viable groupmember, whereas before people started getting hard-ons from being "b00f3d", we had hundreds of shit hot clerics - now we're reduced to a handful of reliable, grouping clerics who are really good at their job and enjoy it.

How many Clerics on this server have sat rotting, and levelled alts, cos they can't find a group that wants em? For a start, if you get two paladins with FH and a PBT theurg in a PvE group, then you're not really needin a cleric THAT much - maybe as a "just in case" thing, but the number of times i've been in g roup and the cleric has nothing to do, and eventually leaves to do something else.

Bot's suck satans cock, make the playing field uneven as hell elevating those who have the time and money to own a bot.

If the server dies, then i will point at the bot owners who are whining they can't get a decent fight in RvR anymore, and PvE is deserted.

Fuck buffbots, fuck em in their ears and stick carnivorous mites in their eyes. I like clerics to have a peronality and a blin of talent, not a degree in standing still outside PK/BKs...

Besides, if Prydwen is dying, then what the hell is going on with Carnac, Camlann, Dartmoor and Logres? Even at peak hours, they are often running a good 200-300 LESS than pryd...

who are you and what have you done with the nice sensible Redi we know and love?

-
I agree with your points though

L

leviathane

aye buffbots are lame, need more group clerics tbh.

P

painman

Originally posted by Sharma
Prydwen has always had a smaller population by comparison to Excal. ;)

aye and its nice to. i choose this server with a few friends becouse of its populaion! i think its nice!

R

red_dog

Originally posted by The Real Redi

Simple answer really, make any buffs other than the baseline ones ranged. Although if Mythic did that, Prydwen would possibly die on its arse in terms of population...
:uhoh:

T

the_smurflord

Originally posted by corranhorn1
only disadvantages.. lack of hibs and less relic raids as hard to work up need numbers... but for day to day playing i think we fine but will be better if any new people only allowed to go to hib :p

If you look at the realm populations now, the /level 30 command has pushed Midgard back into 3rd place, but it's all very close.

Albion: 18,000
Hibernia: 17,500
Midgard: 17,100

Obviously most of the recent influx of people into hibernia are not yet up to an RVR level, but pretty soon they will be and it will be a lot more equal on all sides.

T

The Real Redi

Originally posted by Addlcove
who are you and what have you done with the nice sensible Redi we know and love?

aww, you wuv me? :D

Besides, had a bad day, had to vent a little...

pologies if i warped any "fragile little minds" with my language, as Eric Cartman would put it :great:

L

leviathane

Originally posted by the_smurflord

Obviously most of the recent influx of people into hibernia are not yet up to an RVR level, but pretty soon they will be and it will be a lot more equal on all sides.
getting a load of em comin rvr lately, quite fun to see hibs tbh.

T

taobitzz

Originally posted by uma_thurman
Wrong.

It's a waste of time taking my friar, wiz or even my sorc to emain now. Caster survivability is at the worst I've ever seen it against high rr savage/healer groups or the odd high rr BD running around. Without determination my friar gets overlooked for groups too. It's a case of waiting for ages at the apk for a group and when you get one you get rolled quickly by optimised groups.

Funnily enough I sometimes take odd routes to get to amgE but somehow I get spotted and rolled still :rolleyes:

If RvRing often is standing a lot at the apk and then running out to get rolled all the time then I'll continue to do what lots are doing now...playing a stealther.

I laugh when I see the big names complaining about stealther adds (you know which people and guilds). They are the biggest reason why many roll stealthers because they are sick of getting fucked over. The only viable option for a decent run now for the casual gamer is a stealther.

I agree with almost everything but from a mid side of things. Pity sb are nerfed so bad :< and that alb stealther classes are in such greater numbers than ours due to thier higher dmg output than our stealthers and a minstrel with sos/speed to take you anywhere and insta stun (Not a whine on people just at mythic). Leaves me the option of leveling a savage/healer or farming,currently leveling a savageand a powerlevel bot necro on alb excal.
The game is all about maximising Mythics revenue (buffbots anyone) so they will of course always cater for albion first as it is where thier main revenue comes from across the US.

T

Tesla Monkor

Mid stealther classes are a joke. (And I should know, I play one.). Fully buffed, and I mean carrying 14 purple buffs, the floor gets wiped with me by the first infil I run into.

Not to mention that hib stealthers are appearing in full groupsize these days. RvR sucks these days, but it isn't (only) bots that causes that. Every realm suffers from these optmised gankgroups. Even when I do run grouped, it just means I die first.. Look, a Huntress. They have no defense. Chop, chop, dead.

I'm reduced to staying out of combat and picking off straglers and people already nearly dead, since there isn't a class in the game that I can reliably kill. But sometimes I get lucky.

Things to improve rvr:

- remove /assist in rvr (No more /assist trains)
- Halve evade vs. ranged attacks. (This is DAoC, not the Matrix)

If buffs are ranged, RvR will be truly dead. Well, devoid of hunters anyway. I /need/ a full set of buffs to even stand a chance to kill anything. Grouping up is unfortunately not an option since, as mentioned before, it only gets me killed. Casters have a better life expectancy than grouped hunters. ;P

And people wonder why I PVE and craft so much. ;P

[Edit: typoes]

U

uma_thurman

Originally posted by taobitzz
I agree with almost everything but from a mid side of things. Pity sb are nerfed so bad :< and that alb stealther classes are in such greater numbers than ours due to thier higher dmg output than our stealthers and a minstrel with sos/speed to take you anywhere and insta stun (Not a whine on people just at mythic). Leaves me the option of leveling a savage/healer or farming,currently leveling a savageand a powerlevel bot necro on alb excal.
The game is all about maximising Mythics revenue (buffbots anyone) so they will of course always cater for albion first as it is where thier main revenue comes from across the US.

Pretty much agree.

I made my inf a long time ago, well before infs were top of the stealther food-chain. I did it because I wanted revenge on the SBs griefing my alts in DF :) Lots of new infs are appearing because they are the strongest stealther AND because many see their casters etc as non-viable now. I'd love to take my fire wiz out to emain but the assist train rolls her over in no time.

The infil mentality is the same in other realms too. People always gravitate to the strong class. Mids are rolling savages/healers for 2 reasons: first is the RP ownage, and second is the chance to compete. I feel the pain of the warriors, thanes, runies etc who are sat at mpk.

RvR is so one dimensional now it's shite. FOTM savage/healer group meets you, you're insta-stunned/mezzed and assist train picks you off one-by-one. Or if you're a non-uber mid group you meet the FOTM merc/cleric group and have to put up with BOF, SOS and again get rolled. Emain is now the playground of the select few so WHY BOTHER? That's why so many people port to odins and hadrians, and also why you see a mad rush to get in DF when it opens as that's the only chance many get to gain a few RPs.

So:
Remove /assist in RvR;
Decrease effect of determination (ffs tanks can get help to counter casters defining abilities like mezz, but casters get fuck all to counter the tank defining ability...ie a counter to damage);
Increase pure tank/savage RA costs to match hybrids;
Put range on buffs;
Change shaman end buff to be a chant and make bard end chant uninterruptable;
Give casters more defensive magic (increase AF buff, add some defensive RAs, double the damage absorb buff);
Make resists be based off caster level and not spell level to allow double speccing casters (40 body 36 mind sorc for example);
Make pets interrupt at pet level and not caster level;
Reduce cost of MOC;
Either make all self-buffs permanent until death or increase duration to 30 mins;
Make all realm castable spells like damage adds and damage shields last 15 mins at least and reduce power cost (50% power on casting damage adds and haste buffs every 10 mins on party is taking the piss);
Add group damage add, damage shield, resist spells etc;
Remove the ridiculous power recovery penalty for having less than 50% power.

U

uma_thurman

Originally posted by Tesla Monkor
Mid stealther classes are a joke. (And I should know, I play one.). Fully buffed, and I mean carrying 14 purple buffs, the floor gets wiped with me by the first infil I run into.

Not to mention that hib stealthers are appearing in full groupsize these days. RvR sucks these days, but it isn't (only) bots that causes that. Every realm suffers from these optmised gankgroups. Even when I do run grouped, it just means I die first.. Look, a Huntress. They have no defense. Chop, chop, dead.

I'm reduced to staying out of combat and picking off straglers and people already nearly dead, since there isn't a class in the game that I can reliably kill. But sometimes I get lucky.

Things to improve rvr:

- remove /assist in rvr (No more /assist trains)
- Halve evade vs. ranged attacks. (This is DAoC, not the Matrix)

If buffs are ranged, RvR will be truly dead. Well, devoid of hunters anyway. I /need/ a full set of buffs to even stand a chance to kill anything. Grouping up is unfortunately not an option since, as mentioned before, it only gets me killed. Casters have a better life expectancy than grouped hunters. ;P

And people wonder why I PVE and craft so much. ;P

[Edit: typoes]

I totally agree on the assisting...it's easy mode for a group using this. Without /assist fights would last longer for all and only the skilled will all attack the same target all the time.

Hunters could still compete if buffs were ranged. You should not be soloing groups with buffs anyway, rather choosing soloers, who would only have self-buffs if buffs were ranged.

Personally I would at least DOUBLE xp in the frontiers. This would get more people out there for soloers to kill, but the high XP would make up for being ganked.

S

scarffs

Have to agree.

remove assist, give people double xp in frontiers, remove or reduce power of ras like determination, bof, sos and the other overpowered ones and bring infiltrators back in line.
Would be a nice patch.

S

[SC]Tzikas[Mid]

Too bad Mythic would rather spend a year giving us new PvE zones, houses to live in and a use for Mastery of Water than actually fix the balance issues that are pointed out to them weekly, if not daily.

Users who are viewing this thread