Server dying

N

Nacabuta

I have been keeping an eye on the number of players on this server lately and I cant say Im impressed.

Is Prydwen dying or what ?
Ok 1600-1800 primetime, but even the new german server has more or around the same number of players as this server.

Perhaps Im wrong who knows...

X

Xeanor

you're right, prydwen needs another +600 players or so :/

O

old.Sandariel

Nah, don't think so.
Check the stats on http://camelot-europe.goa.com/stats/stats.php?lng=en

Compare Septmber 2002 and September 2003.
The peak in 2003 is ~400 players higher.

Prydwen had a rather low population since the beginning and it still has, nothing to worry about, especially now, that there's a free one month trial on the current(next?) PCGamer in the UK.

Guess quite a lot people who try it will buy it afterwards (if they actually find a shop that sells it) :X

Could be more, but it's far from "dying" imo :D

S

Sharma

Prydwen has always had a smaller population by comparison to Excal. ;)

C

corranhorn1

me luv server numbers, can get both small and large fights.

only disadvantages.. lack of hibs and less relic raids as hard to work up need numbers... but for day to day playing i think we fine but will be better if any new people only allowed to go to hib :p

(edited as drunk to much vodka and cant spell for shit)

D

Dommina

Originally posted by corranhorn1
me luv server numbers, can get both small and large fights.

only disadvantages.. lack of hibs and less relic raids as hard to work up need numbers... but for day to day playing i think we fine but will be better if any new people only allowed to go to hib :p

(edited as drunk to much vodka and cant spell for shit)

Damn right only go to Hib, Alb dosent need another 600 necro's hogging prime camps for sure

T

The Real Redi

Originally posted by Dommina
Damn right only go to Hib, Alb dosent need another 600 necro's hogging prime camps for sure

aye, and less of the Boneys in Thid...

O

old.mattshanes

It's always been around 1800, lately i seen it go to 2000 so how's it dying?i do not understand xD

L

leviathane

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
It's always been around 1800, lately i seen it go to 2000 so how's it dying?i do not understand xD
+1, server has got a higher average population than it did.

B

Blood

subtract the number of buffbots, and i think you will see that the numbers are falling.

S

Solid

Aye whilst the total number may have gone up, its mainly due to an increase in Buffbot accounts.

eg Sept 2002 say we had 1600 peak pop, maybe a hundred were due to bots.

Sept 2003 Peak may have hit 2000 but now 600-700 are prolly bots so the number of active player accounts has prolly deacreased.

X

Xeanor

There's just not enough people doing RvR at least.

O

old.Sandariel

Originally posted by Solid
Sept 2003 Peak may have hit 2000 but now 600-700 are prolly bots so the number of active player accounts has prolly deacreased.

That would mean 50% of all actively played players on Prydwen have a bot, I refuse to believe that ;)

C

cHodAX

The numbers are falling without a doubt, it is just being hidden by the amout of bots. Also take off the extra few 100 we got coming over from Excal on last patch and you see the original player base on Prydwen is shrinking.

S

scarffs

Well, for casual players rvr isnt what it used to be...
There are simply too many opted, fine-tuned groups about.

And i guess Si has been around long enough for the new to wear off, so pve isnt so exciting anymore also.

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by scarffs
Well, for casual players rvr isnt what it used to be...
There are simply too many opted, fine-tuned groups about.

And i guess Si has been around long enough for the new to wear off, so pve isnt so exciting anymore also.

Spot on.

P

pudzy

If we got another 1000 players with GOA running the show, it'd be a mericle, the sub's would prolly be down when new players tried to sign up anohow :kiss2:

S

Shike

Originally posted by pudzy
If we got another 1000 players with GOA running the show, it'd be a mericle, the sub's would prolly be down when new players tried to sign up anohow :kiss2:

/giggles

E

Esoteric

Server is fine, always a low pop, I think its getting busier tbh.

Albion in particular is doing well, recently levelled a new char and the high level places were so well packed people had to go elsewhere o-O.

Eclipse is still about on a hibbie note 4fg hibbies rvring today (yes I said hibbies).

BO with their men in black look alike competition need to be executed painfully tho.

O

old.Hardbein

Originally posted by Esoteric
BO with their men in black look alike competition need to be executed painfully tho.

Black: Everlast
Red: BO

Just fyi, no biggy :D

J

Jonaldo

The game is dying, not the server.

HDS > Warders

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by klavrynd
warders > all
except HDS fyi! ;)

HDS group with a couple of mixed peeps thrown in > like PE, BO, and all these fotm rvr guilds that suck.

K

klavrynd

och right, i forgot, except hds

so warders > * - hds

Users who are viewing this thread