Server Clustering

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Personally i don't think they need to be.

Prwyd and Excal are both suffering from 'increasing population.' Hibs are underpopulated thats for sure but they have no trouble gettin about in pve and rvr. Mid and alb are fine aswell and rvr status is slowly returning to both servers (yes - even prwyd!)

Quinlan

Fledgling Freddie
No

Unless you see a explicit comment from GOA that they will they wont

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
They'll wait to see if people stay after Catacombs in any case, so no clustering for the next few months, if at all.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
GOA Have replied to this numerous times, try using the search feature before posting and dragging up old subjects.

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
still not more then 3-400 ppl on alb/exc primetime
gifv clustering

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
It must have been at least two weeks since this one was last asked. Surprised it wasn't asked about more recently than that...

I'm sure our friendly neighbourhood GOA guys will lt us know if\when they plan to.

Unless you hear it from one of them, asume no...

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Oboy said:
still not more then 3-400 ppl on alb/exc primetime
gifv clustering
Haha, you've gotta be kidding me. Cant be crying over ONLY 3-400 people.
We on Albion - Prydwen are god damn happy if we reach 250 people. Even that is a great achievement these days.

Evergrey

Fledgling Freddie
I really hope they do server clustering, but since there hasnt been any info from GOA about it, it must be a NO.

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
DavidH said:
Haha, you've gotta be kidding me. Cant be crying over ONLY 3-400 people.
We on Albion - Prydwen are god damn happy if we reach 250 people. Even that is a great achievement these days.

just my point, clustering will lead to ~6-700 ppl on albion, not that much of a zerg tbh

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
this would be the 300 people in alb 300 people in mid 200 people in hib despite the server population being 1400 ;)

600 people must be staring at the chargen screen :p

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
Needed or not, i want it, would be good fun with alot of new fresh blood on the server, lots of action, if we dont get it i would be very disapointed

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
fotm said:
Needed or not, i want it, would be good fun with alot of new fresh blood on the server, lots of action, if we dont get it i would be very disapointed

The huge downside of clustering:

One realm per account.

If you're on alb/pryd and haven't created anything on excal you will be unable to create anywhere other than alb/excal and alb/pryd.

If you have say alb/excal and hib/pryd there's an 8 hour timer before you can log in the other realm.

This isn't a problem for everyone but I know there's a lot of people that swap between excal and prydwen reasonably often. Alt-guilds and the like would be killed.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
The huge downside of clustering:

One realm per account.

If you're on alb/pryd and haven't created anything on excal you will be unable to create anywhere other than alb/excal and alb/pryd.

If you have say alb/excal and hib/pryd there's an 8 hour timer before you can log in the other realm.

This isn't a problem for everyone but I know there's a lot of people that swap between excal and prydwen reasonably often. Alt-guilds and the like would be killed.

Aye. I reguarly swap realms to farm, play or whatever. Having a 8 hour timer would drive alot of people away from the game.

Isn't there some way to merge the frontiers together so all realms can rvr in them but keep the 2 separate servers...

Draylor

Part of the furniture
DavidH said:
We on Albion - Prydwen are god damn happy if we reach 250 people.
At its peak Alb/Exc would get 1000, 800-900 was normal primetime numbers for a long time. Given that 350 is very very low ;)

Cant believe its that low given current peaktime totals of 1400-ish on Excal tho

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
On the same note as Flim, remember theres also a hell of a lot of ppl in /anon... I've got no idea why, but I know from experience.

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
No need to guess:

daoc.darkzone.net

Numbers are up on Excal to 1400ish from 1300 (with a sub-1200 low). Not much different on Pryd although there was much more mid-week interest.
Need to wait a few weeks really I reckon - French/German server numbers have already fallen back so is Catacombs a failure? No - simply means that its to early to draw any conclusions imo.

Upcoming European event: launch of boxed set - anyone seen anybody with Megaphones doing any promotion. (Only 2 weeks away).

US numbers are falling again though - peak numbers fell below 18k this week. I think that may be worrying for Mythic as post Catacombs/clustering they hovered around 20k for some time.

Next key US date 28th April and GuildWars - for which there has been lots of advertising for months, big posters, magazine spreads etc + beta weekends.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Void959 said:
On the same note as Flim, remember theres also a hell of a lot of ppl in /anon... I've got no idea why, but I know from experience.

Aye, my experience as a crafter is that >40% people are anon when hiring crafters, at least.

Darzil

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
GOA Have replied to this numerous times, try using the search feature before posting and dragging up old subjects.

That's one arrogant reply to the #1 question for a majority of players currently.

This coming from an E&E that is supposed to help and be the contact between the community and GoA? <shudder>

I would rather have 2 threads a day on this subject than see a confused and angry community once clustering becomes a possibility.

As Flimgoblin noted, there are ups and downs about clustering. I really hope that the community is able to share it's thoughts on the subject with GoA instead of being turned off by some sour E&E. :)

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
As we have said quite a few times in quite a few threads, the possibility of clustering isn't even present until 1.74 and until we know what it entails on our server set up as well as the conditions on the servers at that point no decisions are being made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom