Server chrash

the_hermit

Fledgling Freddie
Teh FnoRd said:
I really wonder 'cus I sure as hell didn't!!!

"Fun" eh... It's not just people that crashed out last night either - a lot of people are getting "Account Logged In" messages so can't play on ANY server (like me!) even though they logged off normally last night...

Necromancia

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, it's not the first time this happens, and I guess it won't be the last time. Why do these guys have to be such cowboys?
Take Everquest and Star wars galaxies. those games suck, but at least their customer support works :p

Shroomz

Fledgling Freddie
Would be nice if someone could just press the reset switch - server will probably stay down but atleast I could go play on another server - can't till server is switched off as it currently thinks I am still playing (left that shroom on aggressive :) )

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Made an official letter of complaint, which I have printed out and will be air-mailing to Mythic HQ tomorrow.

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
>Yeah, it's not the first time this happens, and I guess it won't be the last time. Why do these guys have to be such cowboys?
Take Everquest and Star wars galaxies. those games suck, but at least their customer support works

Hey, they have a legal 35 hour working week in the land of wine and labour strikes. No doubt they are not allowed to go to the offices at weekends due to French labour market laws or something. :)

Czaedes

Fledgling Freddie
It's back up again, 11:2X CET ;-)

Only took 36 hours oO

the_hermit

Fledgling Freddie
From GOA:

-----
Excalibur downtime
[2004-5-01]

On Saturday evening we encountered some technical problems with Excalibur and Avalon. We met the same problems on Stonehenge a few weeks ago, and to prevent it from escalating the two servers were taken down on Saturday evening.

We are currently working on getting the servers back up and running normally. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience this downtime may have caused, and the lack of information. The affected English players will naturally be compensated for the lost playing time.

Zargar
-----

Course - if they were in Saturday night to take down the server, then why couldn't they let us know?? Or was it a case of "Ah well, turn the blighter off, sort it on Monday..."

Elryrith

Fledgling Freddie
Iceflower said:
>

Hey, they have a legal 35 hour working week in the land of wine and labour strikes. No doubt they are not allowed to go to the offices at weekends due to French labour market laws or something. :)

:clap: :clap:

Bometal

Fledgling Freddie
the_hermit said:
From GOA:

-----
Excalibur downtime
[2004-5-01]

On Saturday evening we encountered some technical problems with Excalibur and Avalon. We met the same problems on Stonehenge a few weeks ago, and to prevent it from escalating the two servers were taken down on Saturday evening.

We are currently working on getting the servers back up and running normally. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience this downtime may have caused, and the lack of information. The affected English players will naturally be compensated for the lost playing time.

Zargar
-----

Course - if they were in Saturday night to take down the server, then why couldn't they let us know?? Or was it a case of "Ah well, turn the blighter off, sort it on Monday..."

GOA Grunt 1 :Francois, how was the weeeeekeeend ?
GOA Grunt 2: Verry nice Jacquès, Me and Mariiiiiie went eating les Escargottes...
GOA Grunt 1: Zut alors, Excalibur est down !
GOA Grunt 2: Press rését, mongole
GOA Grunt 1: Ok chef
GOA Grunt 2: Et put on the webby something about we have beeen working all weekend to let the chose marché. Use votre fantasie
GOA Grunt 1: Ok chef, <opens the weblog and sees the german comment and start c/p while using babblefish>

That happened, i am sure off it :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom