Seriously Mythic, fix the shit netcode.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
...or GOA give us more server resources that will decrease the lag.

Standing in a Fort Lord room. No Order around. 5 seconds later most of us dead amongst a sea of red. Nobody even saw them coming up the ramp. Didn't cast any spells, didn't see them coming. Couldn't do any of that whole defending thing.

This is a shocking level of lag and its not my ISP or equipment - several people playing from different parts of Europe all reported the same thing.

Fix it.

<seethes and stomps off>

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Its ok, they will open up some more servers for people to transfer to soon.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Never had that happen in large fights at fort or keeps. Wouldn't be surprised if half the problem is data going to the server from clients, rather than it being about server > client.

twix112

Fledgling Freddie
well something is bad. either the server, like they run it as a virtual machine instead of a real server... or it's a shitty client that sends a couple of tons of data... sends the whole character on screen instead of just updates such that position, any change in stats since first time the object was loaded, current spell and so on... My guess is that they were lazy and sends the whole character over and over instead of load it at the client when it gets in line of sight and then just updates it....
But hey what do I know, I'm just a computer programmer.....

Edit: Btw, anyone comfirmed that the US players has the same problem or is it just us poor bastards in EU?

Lethul

FH is my second home
well something is bad. either the server, like they run it as a virtual machine instead of a real server... or it's a shitty client that sends a couple of tons of data... sends the whole character on screen instead of just updates such that position, any change in stats since first time the object was loaded, current spell and so on... My guess is that they were lazy and sends the whole character over and over instead of load it at the client when it gets in line of sight and then just updates it....
But hey what do I know, I'm just a computer programmer.....

Edit: Btw, anyone comfirmed that the US players has the same problem or is it just us poor bastards in EU?

I don't think I've seen any computer programmer use so many dot's. I think you are just a student ;)

twix112

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think I've seen any computer programmer use so many dot's. I think you are just a student ;)

you've serously never programmed in Erlang... :p But yeah you'r right, I am a student but that doesn't remove the fact that I'm still a programmer :p and know what I'm talking about...

Gahn

Resident Freddy
They still going by attempts, the client eats a ton of ram and surely it is still full of Cpu hogging, bad memory managament and don't even start me on OT (that's independent no how they chose to manage client - server connectivity and data exchange) :p
It's still a Beta (well maybe it's RC0 atm) we must get over it.

Nate

FH is my second home
I don't think Netcode can be fixed any further, he's playing a Bright Wizard which has had more fixes then anything else!

Lethul

FH is my second home
you've serously never programmed in Erlang... :p But yeah you'r right, I am a student but that doesn't remove the fact that I'm still a programmer :p and know what I'm talking about...

Yes I have, and its never more than one . in a row :)

Bikkus

Fledgling Freddie
Do you think it's the crap collision detection thats causing all the lag?

BigE

One of Freddy's beloved
what a lag fest tonights fort take was... Thanks GOA :( another job well done

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
what a lag fest tonights fort take was... Thanks GOA :( another job well done

We just left after about 10 minutes due to the horriffic lag and Pit Of Shades instadeathspam :(

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Logged early tonight becuase of the depresing state of the game at forts. The lag is a given and just adds to the frustration casued by changes in 1.2. The only way to get past the gate was when peeps started to exploit los to get aoe on the walls. There is now no way for melee to get close to doors with the gazillion pits and RoF killing everything that gets close having lower resists. Then tehre are the ever growing number of hiogher rr tanks constantly healing doors. When you eventually fight past the lag and aoe and get inside you are greeted with a gazillion npc's and even more aoe spells. No need for a tank wall now. Just cover the lord room floor with aoe and you have won.

Piss poor design. Piss poor Netcode. Piss poor server. Pissed off player.

/rant off

Nate

FH is my second home
You guys are being really nasty, Netcode won't even reply to this thread because he's crying about it! I suggest this thread be deleted!

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
Never suffered from much "lag" of whatever variety until the server move, managed to get killed in a scenario without actually seeing any enemy players around - no not a Witch Hunter, when the lag fest cleared up there were about 12 of them!
Been suffering serious lag of all sorts in both oRvR and in the scenarios so no idea what's going on but it's flipping annoying.

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Gotta agree with Nate.... Netcode has always been broken since I first met him in DAOC - so very broken that i think he's just special ;)
Fooook you! :iagree:
fook you mudda fooka - wanna fookin fight? :wub:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom