Serious Sam 2

Embattle

FH is my second home
New York, NY – April 20, 2005 – 2K Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), today announced Serious Sam II, the much-anticipated return of Sam “Serious” Stone to PC and the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft.

“Gamers have been anxiously anticipating a full sequel ever since Serious Sam: The Second Encounter was released back in 2002,” said Christoph Hartmann, Senior Vice President of Publishing for 2K Games. “The frantic action and lighthearted humor of Serious Sam really struck a chord with gamers worldwide, and with a brand new engine and greatly expanded gameplay, we think fans will agree that the return of Sam has been well worth the wait.”

“Our second generation Serious Engine allows us to create characters with over 100 times more detail than the last game,” added Roman Ribaric, CEO of Croteam Ltd, developers of Serious Sam II. “This has allowed us to create huge, lush environments and even crazier enemies than before, without having to scale back the gameplay in any way. Gamers can rest assured that with the capabilities of our new engine, we’re not only going to match the record we set with the first Serious Sam for the most enemies on screen at one time, we’re going to surpass it.”

Serious Sam II will be released for PC and Xbox in fall 2005, and will be showcased at 2K Games’ booth at this year’s E3 Expo. Look for the first details on the game in the June issue of Computer Games Magazine, featuring Serious Sam II as the cover story, on newsstands in early May.

I so want this game :)

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Woohoo. :D Serious Sam kicks so much arse. I loved that last level when the baddies just seemed to never stop coming. :D

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
Assuming it'll have the same crazy-awesome multiplayer coop (MAKE MORE FUCKING COOPERATIVE SHOOTERS YOU BASTARDS) then this'll be the game that gets me back into FPSs.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Embattle said:
Have you seen the tech video for SS2?

No, and I can't find it on Croteams website, linky please? ;)

I never actually played SS multiplayer...single player was enough fun for me. :D I love those beefy american protagonists...you can stick your Gordon Freemans! Just give me muscles and cool one-liners...and a fuck off rocket launcher, and I'm happy. :D

Chilly

Balls of steel
I love SS so much!!!! The level in the second encounter when you have to kill that big whirlwind thing is fucking insane, SO many monsters....its absolutely insane. The devs must have had a ball creating that game :D (compared to other games, anyway)

GIVE SSII!

Embattle

FH is my second home
There is some more info on the official SS2 webby.....can't wait for some co-op fun with some members of freddy :)

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
Chilly said:
I love SS so much!!!! The level in the second encounter when you have to kill that big whirlwind thing is fucking insane, SO many monsters....its absolutely insane. The devs must have had a ball creating that game :D (compared to other games, anyway)

GIVE SSII!

Agree, in gaming terms SS is the definition of arcade, action and fun.

Same as the original Doom was and still is imo, 'cept SS/SS2 looks better and has much more depth to it. Is it fair to say Doom was a big influence over SS?

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
Serious Sam was good, shameless fun. I'm looking forward to this obviously doom-inspired stuff.

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
Serious Sam II demo released!

Follow the link to 3dgamers whom have kindly set up us the bittorrent, as usual.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Hmm. Slightly disappointing. Girls voice who speaks to you is irritating and the setting wasn't very Serious Sam styleeeeeee. Seemed to have a fair bit of slowdown too.

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
The voice reminded me of Emily Corrie, in fact i would put money on it being her. I don't think I have th PC to do this game justice, but nonetheless, lots of fun.

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Very cool demo. It was fun in a good, clean, senseless violence kind of way. Just felt a little bit too consoley and took me about 5 minutes to sort my keys because I kept binding mouse directions to random things which would wipe out the current binding. Also I could never tell if there were infinite monster spawn type things going on so should I try and rush through or stand and kill them all.

So on the whole my only complaints were caused by me being a dumbass. I need to acquire some friends for the full game coop mode. Wonder if SAS could do a guide on making friends...

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
Two things. One, the text entry system (i.e. entering your character name) seems stupid and console-based (clicking on letters rather than typing them? For God's sake...), and the particular level in the demo didn't seem very well made. Too much going on the background to distinguish what was an enemy and what wasn't, and the level design/progression felt very forced and arbitrary.

Other than that, a pretty nice game. (And thankfully I have a computer good enough to run it pretty well.)

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
I thought my trouble distinguishing enemies in front of the scenery was due to my fps/blurry non-nativ LCD resolution, but what scenery! Gorgeous game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom