Serious Cat Owner help please.

laponna

Fledgling Freddie
hello
what a cute cat
I have 2 cats 1 male 1 female the female no problems but the male wanted to go out at night they prowl mark the territory and fine females have you had him doctored may help
also get a cat flap so he can come and go as he likes
i always leave water down and cat biscuits but feed at the same time every day
But cats own their people not people owning them they do as they like so you wont win stuborn they are
and female cats are much better less problem at night ( but thats a normal male thing problems ) lololololololololol

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Tears said:
Image005_original.jpg

Awwww...

And the people saying 'make the cat adjust to your sleep pattern' are pretty much right. Don't change his diet - and yes only use dried food as emergency/snack food - just get him to adjust to your sleep pattern and he'll settle down.

Mall

Fledgling Freddie
DocWolfe said:
my cat got urinary tract infection from eating normal dry cat food, so he couldn't pee, its happened a couple of times now, not cheap to get the crystals that were blocking his pisser removed. So we have to stick to the special dry cat food (expensive) :( and wet stuff.

My cat suffers from that, vet told me had to buy this really expensive dry stuff to stop it. total crap tbh, Iams works really well nicely priced and if you measure it properly 1 bag lasts 1-2weeks for 1 cat. He doesn't get wet food at all (except treats now and then) and has had no water works problems in 3 years he been on it.

Tears - As for the cat problem is it neutered? if not might be because he wants to go play with the lady cats this time of year ;)

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Mall said:
Tears - As for the cat problem is it neutered? if not might be because he wants to go play with the lady cats this time of year ;)

Yeah came from the cats home so was already sorted, although apparently he was feral for the first year of his life then taken in by an old lady for the next 2 months who couldnt cope, cats home for a bit and now with me (i have the scratches to prove he was wild)

Anyway its 23.00 - litter tray out - bedroom door open - dry cat food downstairs - going to sleep :)

Mall

Fledgling Freddie
Night night sleep tight and dont let the cat meow keep you awake ;)

Ati

One of Freddy's beloved
Okay,

1. Why is the cat in your room? I know its sweet and all but seriously he/she should be in a seperate room for hygene atleast. Cats though beautiful can sometimes spread desease. He/she wil also become used to it and pretty much demand your attention seeing as your alread there.
2. Ignore it, same as dogs
3. Do you snore? sound funny but when i sing along to a song my dog grunts with me. If you get the picture?

I tried sleeping in lounge with dog once, she wouldn't shut up all night it was horrific.

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
What's the betting that Tears has overslept because his cat hasn't woken him up this morning? :D

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Naetha said:
What's the betting that Tears has overslept because his cat hasn't woken him up this morning? :D

lol no chance 6.30 this morning - meow meow meow meow meow meow meow

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
1. Why is the cat in your room? I know its sweet and all but seriously he/she should be in a seperate room for hygene atleast. Cats though beautiful can sometimes spread desease.

I´m absolutely sure that riding the subway in rush hour will load your body with MUCH more bacteria and stuff than having a cat in your bedroom at night. It´s the old stereotype: "omg! an animal! it must spread diseases!" that our parents used to plant into our brains. A healthy cat is one of the cleanest living beings around.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Ati said:
Okay,

1. Why is the cat in your room? I know its sweet and all but seriously he/she should be in a seperate room for hygene atleast. Cats though beautiful can sometimes spread desease. He/she wil also become used to it and pretty much demand your attention seeing as your alread there.
2. Ignore it, same as dogs
3. Do you snore? sound funny but when i sing along to a song my dog grunts with me. If you get the picture?

I tried sleeping in lounge with dog once, she wouldn't shut up all night it was horrific.

1. Because hes cute
2. I cant because hes cute
3. Nope :)

Hansmoleman

Fledgling Freddie
Mall said:
even if neutered later in life (cause its been feral) it will probably still want to go out and play with the lady cats just it just cant actually reproduce.. i felt so bad for my cat when the mother decided to have them removed :(

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
You have to remember that for a lot of people (i.e. me, Tears and probably lots of others) that their cats are surrogate children, so it isn't a question of removing the source of the annoyance, just a case of management.

You wouldn't lock your kids in their bedroom because they come and wake you up early, but you learn how to manage them better :)

I'm allergic to cats, I have to take nasal steroids and anti-histamines and my doctor has told me to get rid of the cats several times, but I could no more get rid of them than I could get rid of my parents (who can be just as, if not more annoying!)

Mey

Part of the furniture
Stick a mirror on your door, at cat height level, the cat will see its reflection and stare at it for ages.. then by the time its worked out what is going on you've got your normal hours of sleep :p

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Set up his own part of the house so to speak, where he can have everything for him there. May take a while for it to adapt though. That's what we had to do for our dog anyway - failing tht - put him down :m00:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Tears said:
1. Because hes cute
2. I cant because hes cute
3. Nope :)

Ah i see, YOU'RE the pussy in the house. Put the damn cat on and let me talk to it :p

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Bugz said:
Twas my sister fyi! :(

Ill let you off if she's attractive, late 20's, deep brown "take me to bed" eyes, rich and desperate :)

Mey

Part of the furniture
Surely though as a mod posting on a thread with your opinions asking for other peoples opinions, can't mod that very thread, due to the bias inherent in the posting of your own opinion, if you see what I’m saying here?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
haha i knew you would take in that cat, i pre-programmed the little monster to do all this, decided i would change the annoyance factor to level 10

btns-pwnd.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom