Sense money more than (re-arrange)

T

Testin da Cable

my two pence:
imo Sony will kill microsoft. the only thing they have in common is a want to dominate the console world. Sony has been doing this [I gather] since they started out. Microsoft does not have the lead they require to float their product in the face of the competition and survive. There are simply too many other 'quality' platforms on the market [as I see this]. If ms can't get the game flow going, peeps will buy the ps/2 and chuckle as they see ms hustle to get xbox/2 out there ;)

S

Summo

Well, I always thought console buyers were a bit more casual and less scrutinising than us PC peeps. Generally, if there's a good game out for a console people will buy the console and the game regardless of which logo is stamped on it.

X-Box might have a slower start but I think it'll get there. All depends on how determined MS are, imo. If the X-Box flags, MS will commission a top game for it. It'll be okay.

T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by SomeGuy
If the X-Box flags, MS will commission a top game for it.

they can do that indeed.
hmm, respect vs sales....they've lost that one before I reckon

S

(Shovel)

Bear in mind also that the original Playstation was about for 5 years. IF MS have the patience (debateable) then they could still be pushing them into the shops for that long and will then gather a bigger fanbase.

Especially since - cause of the PC basis and Sonys inititive - any future XBox/2 will be backward compat.

O

old.Jas

Indeed - M$ will keep trying until they get it right... they have the cash to do so.

If they don't make it with the x-box that won't stop them.

Users who are viewing this thread