Selling PS3 with games and extras

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
I just Priced up my Playstation 3 - 40gb with 38 games / Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Wheel (boxed) / 2 PS3 Controllers / HDMI Cable... List of Games Below

I do have the PS3 Box...somewhere :p

Blur
Dragon Age - origins
Dirt 3
2010 fifa world cup south africa
Final Fantasy XIII
Grand Turismo 5 Collectors Ed
Red Dead Redemption
Star Wars The Force Unleashed
God of War 3
Tron
Need for Speed Shift
Indiana Jones Lego
Silent Hill Homecoming
Colin McRae Dirt
Folklore
Grand theft Auto VI
Grid
Assassin's Creed
Fifa 09
Pirates of the Caribbean
Transformers
Need for speed Undercover
The Simpson
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08
NHL 2K9
World Snooker Champ 07
Fight Night round 3
Virtual Tennis
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Need for Speed ProStreet
Midnight Club Los Angeles
Formula One Champ Ed
MotorStorm Pacific Rift
MotoGP 08
Mirrors Edge
Call of Duty 4
Lair
Pes 09

Do you think £450 is a reasonable price for all of the above?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
If you've got the original with backwards compatibility I'd have a look on eBay and see what those are going for by themselves because you obviously can't buy them in the shops and there may be people out there who are prepared to pay for backwards compatibility still.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
The 40gb doesn't have backwards compatibility iirc.

I doubt you'll get that much for it, you can get a slim for less than £200 these days and most of those games would be a few quid.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Be lucky to get half that... as megadave said, most those games are under £5-10 now and you can get a slim for less than £200 brand new.

Then again, there are many mugs around this world :D

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Checking ebay shows that they tend to go from £75-£149 depending on what's bundled with them.
This one for example has 13 games and an unbroken warranty seal for £120.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PS3-CONSO...meConsoles&hash=item45ffb207f8#ht_1318wt_1185

I think £450 is being far too ambitious. Try a Buy-It-Now on ebay for £300 to see if anyone nibbles.
If not, try it again for £250. Bear in mind that a 40GB version hasn't got anything to hold it's price up. The 60GB version has the backwards compatibility with PS1 *AND* PS2 games so holds it's price better (typically £170 or so on ebay).

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I did say you'd make more money selling the games off without the console, and I stand by that.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I'll give you £5 inc p&p for God of War 3, I take back the above btw, apart from gow3 and gran turismo I don't think any of your games are worth even a couple of quid. You might be better off trading them in at CEX or similar for something you want?

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah I reckon you'll get about £130- 160 from CEX for all those games.. then £100-120 for the rest of it.

Let us know how much you get for it all if you can, I'm gonna be buying a cheap 2nd hand ps3 or 360 in Feb/March for FIFA STREET 4 and dark souls

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Might get quite a bit for GTA6 though, sure even Rockstar would be interested in that ;)

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
So did you sell it yet? And how much for

Not sold yet but im in no rush as im not bothered if i sell it or not :) I'm currently letting it go for £400

I'm also selling my Wii for £95 which includes... 1 controller 1 wii resorts game 1 wii fit board :)

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
£400 is ridiculous imo, but the wii with that for £95 seems about right :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
Price all the games up on CEX and you'll have a price.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Not sold yet but im in no rush as im not bothered if i sell it or not :) I'm currently letting it go for £400

I'm also selling my Wii for £95 which includes... 1 controller 1 wii resorts game 1 wii fit board :)

You don't quite get this depreciation lark do you?

You need to look at the price these things are selling for 2nd hand, that's the market price.

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
You don't quite get this depreciation lark do you?

You need to look at the price these things are selling for 2nd hand, that's the market price.

Yes i do understand the prices and i think i can get £400 for my ps3 38 games 1 steering wheel 2 controllers... And if i dont sell it im not bothered if it goes or not. So in my eyes thats a fair price...

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Price all the games up on CEX and you'll have a price.

Yes and i have done using the prices they have!
All of it comes to £400. And im not doing the stupid bloody trade in prices as shops rip you off!

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
I doubt you will sell it then, unless you find a completely mug :D thing is if you sell it all together no one is going to want all 38 of those games, so you'll probably have to sell the game part for less than CEX actually give you.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yeah, your 28 games are shit mate, they are worth nothing, the console is out of warrenty and not the backwards compatible model.

Just take the advice and sell the games at a trade in place (CEX give better prices IMO) and then sell the console privatly.

Have you actually advertised it anywhere>

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yes and i have done using the prices they have!
All of it comes to £400. And im not doing the stupid bloody trade in prices as shops rip you off!

No they give a fair market value, you can potentially get a little more selling them yourself, but then you have postage costs and listing costs to consider.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Take the advice people are giving you and go to CEX and get money while you can lol

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Ok advice taken and thx for the info :) as mentioned before im in no real rush to sell it all. If i do get desperate i will go towards cex or adjust the price etc in the end. But im not desperate to sell at the moment. Anyway thanks for the advice etc... Its all noted.

Now im off to enjoy my day :)

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Nintendo Wii games seem to be selling for quite a bit 2nd hand on ebay at the moment as well, I was pretty surprised when I saw Mario Galaxy 1 go for £22 used..

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Amphrax mate, I think what everyone is trying to say is; if you actually want to make some money, you need to sell it now, prices will decrease rapidly on a weekly basis if you're not even using your PS3. That's if you want to make some money that is.

How long until a new wave of consoles anyway? PS3 + Xbox360 has been running for long time now! :)

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
cheers :) I only got the PS3 for Gran Turismo :) quite silly really, hehe and I do understand what everyone is saying and I appreciate all the info, honestly :)

Now to enjoy the rest of my birthday :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
You sound like you want to keep it tbh, hence you being unwilling to sell it at market value.

My best advice is, keep GT5 and the wheel. Trade in all the other games at CEX for something you want, do it now as games depreciate very fast. You'll probably get 50-80 quid for that lot.

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
I have decided what I am going to do :)

Its my other halfs Birthday in March and she loves the Ipad. So I am going to trade everything and get her one of those ipad 2 thingies for her birthday :)

I just worked out everything on how much i would get with exchange and that is...

Playstation 3 with all games and Wheel for £304.30p

Wii with 2 games and balance board for £84

Total amount: £388.30p

List with price below:

£8 - Blur
£4 - Dragon Age - origins
£13 - Dirt 3
£1.20 - 2010 fifa world cup south africa
£6 - Final Fantasy XIII
£14 - Grand Turismo 5 Collectors Ed
£10 - Red Dead Redemption
£5 - Star Wars The Force Unleashed
£10 - God of War 3
£6 - Tron
£6 - Need for Speed Shift
£10 - Indiana Jones Lego
£10 - Silent Hill Homecoming
£5 - Colin McRae Dirt
£10 - Folklore
£10 - Grand theft Auto VI
£6 - Grid
£6 - Assassin's Creed
£0.30 - Fifa 09
£5 - Pirates of the Caribbean
£6 - Transformers
£6 - Need for speed Undercover
£10 - The Simpson
£1 - Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08
£1.60 - NHL 2K9
£4 - World Snooker Champ 07
£3 - Fight Night round 3
£1.20 - Virtual Tennis
£3 - Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
£6 - Need for Speed ProStreet
£8 - Midnight Club Los Angeles
£5 - Formula One Champ Ed
£5 - MotorStorm Pacific Rift
£8 - MotoGP 08
£3 - Mirrors Edge
£6 - Call of Duty 4
£1.60 - Lair
£0.40 - Pes 09
£75 - Playstation 3 - 2 controllers
£5 - Thrustmaster GT Experience
----------------
£304.30p
----------------
£46 - Nintendo Wii
£7 - wii sports (cardboard)
£8 - Wii sports (Cardboard Sleeve)
£23 - Wii Fit Balance Board

TOTAL
----------------
£388
----------------

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Wheres that at? CEX iI assume?

"£75 - Playstation 3 - 2 controllers" .... £75 seems extremely low, even for the 40gb model, will get at least 100-110 quid on ebay if you can be bothered :p

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
For a 3 year old 40gb console with nothing going for it? I very much doubt that. He'd also have to give 15% of that to ebay, and pay the postage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom