Self centered

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I don't want to come out as self centered when talking to others, but i sometimes have a hard time opening conversations about others. What should one begin? This is concerning women by the way. I seem to be more talkative in a drunken state, but i would really hate it to be the only way to connect with someone by getting drunk and going downtown. So.. help!

Laddey

FH is my second home
not to sure tbh, i guess when you find grounds to work with, like things in common stuff you both enjoy it just comes to you. Also if she's interested it wont be hard to open and have a decent conversation.

If you speak to a girl and you're not getting much, move onto her m8 or smth

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Also if she's interested it wont be hard to open and have a decent conversation.

This ^.

Making conversation with a girl who you are interested in, and she interested in you, shouldn't be hard.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Maybe i am overthinking it. But i isn't as easy as you might suggest to keep a conversation going >:

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Maybe i am overthinking it.

Yeh thats always easy to do.
If you go up to a girl with a plan in your ahead about what will be said, who will say it etc, your bound to fall flat.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
If you go up to a girl with a plan in your ahead about what will be said, who will say it etc, your bound to fall flat.

But, how do i get the voices out of my head then? :lol: I need to smoke some weed or sumthin perhaps?

Laddey

FH is my second home
definatly. Go with the flow man, relax and be yourself.

If you're not a funny person then dont try to impress her with your humour! ive seen people trying to be funny and they also, fall flat

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I always go with my humour.. Some do ofc think I'm just another twat trying to tear off their knickers(which I am) and walk away, while others laff and let me dig in

If they walk I don't see it as a loss as they probably weren't anything for me anyways then..

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The reason why it's easier drunk, is that you don't think that much and just blabber on.

I made a theory about it and now-a-days base my social actions on it:

When you're drunk, the world is your friend.

You judge less, you think less, the common ground is being drunk.

So, these days i treat every person as a "long term friend" and just start talking this and that, how's your day, how my day went etc.

If someone turns out to be an a-hole, i change my view accordingly, but until then, i treat everyone as an old school pal.

CorNokZ

The reason why it's easier drunk, is that you don't think that much and just blabber on.

I made a theory about it and now-a-days base my social actions on it:

When you're drunk, the world is your friend.

You judge less, you think less, the common ground is being drunk.

So, these days i treat every person as a "long term friend" and just start talking this and that, how's your day, how my day went etc.

If someone turns out to be an a-hole, i change my view accordingly, but until then, i treat everyone as an old school pal.

^ This

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
As lad said, don't try to be Mr Funnyguy if you ain't ;) there's nothing worse than someone acting like somebody else. (unless it's Tom Cruise)

I've always found that being myself has helped alot. I know it's a cheap advice, however I've not had much bad luck with my kung fu discussions. Of course there are certain things you shouldn't speak about (like how big your new HDD is), but that's common sense :)

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I just ask lots and lots of questions myself and a lot of the time you hit a topic that you are both intersted in eventully

CorNokZ

I just ask lots and lots of questions myself and a lot of the time you hit a topic that you are both intersted in eventully

Also makes you seem very interested

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
I don't want to come out as self centered when talking to others, but i sometimes have a hard time opening conversations about others. What should one begin? This is concerning women by the way. I seem to be more talkative in a drunken state, but i would really hate it to be the only way to connect with someone by getting drunk and going downtown. So.. help!

Speaking as a girl ;) A bloke whose interested in their opinion on things is always going to be getting more favoured looks than a bloke who just blathers on about what he thinks on everything.

Talk to them about what they do for a living, whether they have any brothers/sisters, what music/films/books they like, favourite holiday places, have they been to X Y or Z place. Ask them if they'd like a drink and then ask them what else they like to do at the weekend etc.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Speaking as a girl ;) A bloke whose interested in their opinion on things is always going to be getting more favoured looks than a bloke who just blathers on about what he thinks on everything.

Talk to them about what they do for a living, whether they have any brothers/sisters, what music/films/books they like, favourite holiday places, have they been to X Y or Z place. Ask them if they'd like a drink and then ask them what else they like to do at the weekend etc.

To add to this; don't disagree with them either. Or sit wrong. Or look wrong. Or make some motion with your hand that means that you might be a psychopath. Or look in any direction where there even MIGHT be another woman. Actually, don't just bother, they don't like you anyway :D

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
To add to this; don't disagree with them either. Or sit wrong. Or look wrong. Or make some motion with your hand that means that you might be a psychopath. Or look in any direction where there even MIGHT be another woman. Actually, don't just bother, they don't like you anyway :D

:iagree: xD

Everz

FH is my second home

Then shove your cloth in her face and drag her away... Yeh, not been that successful lately, seems my confidence of talking to girls mixed with my :sex: hair is putting them off :(.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom