Seems you cant get pregant from rape....

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I can't believe they they let people who say things like that actually walk the streets :-(

Talivar

Part of the furniture
The fact he ahs a position of some power makes it even worse lol

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
and he's on the House Committee for Science......

scary scary thought.

TdC

It dawned on me earlier while I was mulling this over that the guy himself isn't really the problem: as a politician, he will say and do whatever it takes to blag a vote, regardless of what it is. I feel it's the people who actually BELIEVE this shit who deserve the tight white coats with the arms laced behind the back, and corrective lessons in how the world works. Ofc, the fact that his voters are nutbags doesn't say anything about the fellow's own moral compass, etc.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Religious nutjobs, that one monkey on the back of the human condition we just cannot shake to reach the next level

Embattle

FH is my second home
It has long been the way that middle America looks inwards while coastal regions have the ability to look outwards.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
"an estimated “32,101 pregnancies result from rape each year.”"

I think US should step up from the mere 10k gun crimes a year.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
"an estimated “32,101 pregnancies result from rape each year.”"

I think US should step up from the mere 10k gun crimes a year.

but they dont result from "legitimate" rape

and they let people like that decide things...

TdC

I always knew you weren't a giver, Wij. NOW THE TRUTH IS OUT!!!! :eek:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
As much as it's a sad story, your little "However, in the interest of balance etc" has as much to do with the OP or the preceding post as saying that 1*1=1 in a discussion about whether 1+1=2.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
As much as it's a sad story, your little "However, in the interest of balance etc" has as much to do with the OP or the preceding post as saying that 1*1=1 in a discussion about whether 1+1=2.

I disagree. I widened the discussion - because I don't think anyone here supports rape and therefore the thread was going to be very short.

A lot of the discussion in the media around this has been about how women are harshly treated by the legal system - an opinion I happen to agree with wholeheartedly.

However, I also think that many men are harshly treated and in recent years the moves to increase the conviction rate have given rise to the worry that men are going to be unfairly treated. The discussion in the media is one-sided IMO, and, therefore, dangerous.

Hence my post about "balance".

For example:
that article said:
In a rape case it is the victim, not the defendant, who is on trial

Personally, I don't think there's an easy way out of this. We have an adversarial legal system. Men have as much a right to a fair trial as women. If all women who accused men of raping them were telling the truth then there wouldn't be a problem.

But there is. And I don't see a solution. Women who are raped have to face an ordeal in court. Innocent men do as well. How do you fix that?

I, for one, say that the answer is certainly NOT rigging the legal system in favour of women - as is the current trend.

rynnor

Rockhound
Secrecy for both parties until a conviction would be a good start - rape is too emotive - unlike other crimes even the suggestion that a bloke is a rapist is a taint that they cant shift.

I personally think it needs to be split into different offenses to split the stranger rapes with violence from the drunken remorse category.

Sadly rape is so emotive common sense even in the legal side seems to take a night off.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Secrecy for both parties until a conviction would be a good start

It's actually one of the lib-dem's decent ideas, but apparently it's sexist, uncaring and <insertmanhatingthinghere> of men to support it.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I disagree. I widened the discussion - because I don't think anyone here supports rape

Unless we're talking about child molesters, pregnant killers, or otherwise harmers of the unfit to fight back, in whic h case 99% of the forum supports raping them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom