Seeds

Zede

Part of the furniture
who has the GENIUS idea that EVERY FECKIN MOB drop seed, after seed, after seed, after seed.

really.

takin the phish a bit dont ya think...

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
yea its annoying there always different seeds aswell so you end up with a full bag of seeds if you take them

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
Its not just the fact that its all seeds - there is little in the way of broken armour etc to allow someone to do salvaging properly. But it seems like Im the only one wiith a real annoyance at this. Its not abot having a lot of green items drop its about being able to get the kill up high enough to use those green items properly. The green item help get fragments which go towards getting skill up in teinket making, - but they are no good if you cant salvage stuff in the first place.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Its not just the fact that its all seeds - there is little in the way of broken armour etc to allow someone to do salvaging properly. But it seems like Im the only one wiith a real annoyance at this. Its not abot having a lot of green items drop its about being able to get the kill up high enough to use those green items properly. The green item help get fragments which go towards getting skill up in teinket making, - but they are no good if you cant salvage stuff in the first place.

there is a lot of annoyance....

:m00:

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
yea its annoying there always different seeds aswell so you end up with a full bag of seeds if you take them

My reply is to the OP and to the quoted one...

Why do you pick them up ? You say it's annoying your inventory is full of seeds, yet I don't know who or what is forcing you to pick them up....

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie

Why do you pick them up ? You say it's annoying your inventory is full of seeds, yet I don't know who or what is forcing you to pick them up....

i am doing scavenging, i have to loot the corpse before i scavenge it. unless there is a way around this, then yes i am being forced to. sucks

arknor

Fledgling Freddie

nothing is forcing you to post in this thread if you dont have something constructive to say either.

i bet you would ask the people who somtimes fall through the floor in inevitable city why they go there...

you would tell the people who CTD in certain zones not go there aswell....

have you ever thought with so many seeds in the loot table it might effect the chances of something else useful dropping instead?

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
I take it you haven't crafted alot yet in the game as I can assure you, be very very glad there are that many seeds dropping. And I wasn't flaming like you obviously are, I was asking a legitimet question. You don't know how the lootsystem works so how can 'you' know the seeds are affecting other loot... AoC had 2 different loot tables for instance, one for crafting gear and one for regular drops.

But that must indeed suck if the scavening systems works that way...

Dryads and Treekin are more likely to drop seeds then humanoids. Go figure... a tree dropping alot of seeds. Watching the Podcast by Mark Jacobs (?) about crafting explains alot about it's mechanics. Know what you fight and you'll have a better shot and getting the things you need and not being swamped by stuff you don't.

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
Seed numbers seem to have dropped when looting - but then so has salvagable items - Ive not picked up any salvageable items for 2 days - and here Im refering to stuff that I can actually salvage - my max at moment is still below 40 and I have an alt in the low levels doing nothing but huning for salvagables

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
It's not the number of seeds that's a problem, it's that there are 85billion different seeds each tier, so rather than having a stack of say 20 seeds, you end up with 10 stacks of 1 seed and 5 stacks of 2 seeds. Fills up your bag way to quickly.

Oh, and does anyone else find it a bit dodgy that they've called one of the seeds "Hairy Elfcup"?

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
tread carefully young padawan your thread contains anger which will lead to the 1000's of thread jumpers and they will cut you down

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
it's vital for cultivation that this many seeds drop (though personally I'd have rather seen a higher chance to regain the seed when cultivating, and a lower drop rate).

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
it's vital for cultivation that this many seeds drop (though personally I'd have rather seen a higher chance to regain the seed when cultivating, and a lower drop rate).

Lots of seeds, sure. But do you need 85billion different seeds each tier? That's the problem in my opinion.

longbow

Fledgling Freddie

Oh I totally agree that you need a lot of seeds for cultivating. BUT then you ALSO need a lot of salvagable items to get salvaging up. I can loot armour from some mobs but chances are I cant salvage it becasue my salvaging is way to low. Result? I have a bag full (and bank is getting full too) of items I cant slvage cus Im too low a lvl.
farming the lower lvls is not working as I have had no salvageable drops for 2 days - no matter which area Im farming (usually chapter2 - 6). And the retro of that is Im not hunting so Im not lvling - it gets very frustrating.

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
Seeds are good, now give water to auction house in order to cap apothecary as well :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I've been planting my seeds in all the 18 year old empire ladies woo! and the elves...even the dark ones

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
I have the paradox that my cultivator/apothecary character likes finding as many seeds as he can carry, but my others throw them away because they are so short of space - unless it's a suitable one for skill gain, when it gets posted onwards. I also post all the salveageble stuff in stacks to my talisman maker, although it's pretty scarce compared to the seeds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom