See how i chuckle!

D

dunny_dunny

Don't you just love dueling armsmen, mercs and reavers when your a paladin? Over the past week i have been dueling a lot to find out what the best tactic are to use when fighting in RvR.
So far i have managed to narrow it down to one....ENGAGE.
In every duel i have fought i have used this tactic and have managed to beat lvl 50's as a result (i am a 45 paly). Having chosen to be a saracen paly i lack in the strength and constitution area, but with engage all i have to do is put it on and wait for my enemies endurance to run out then attack. I have yet to try it out in proper RvR because of emains tendancy to turn into Zerg central, but i will once i hit magic 50.

In conclusion....NERF FRIARS. (oops, how did that get in there?:))

Me

F

Flimgoblin

engage+end regen=*yawns*

however I'm surprised you're beating mercenaries. Dual wield tends to rip through your shield.

G

gunner440

Originally posted by dunny_dunny
Don't you just love dueling armsmen, mercs and reavers when your a paladin? Over the past week i have been dueling a lot to find out what the best tactic are to use when fighting in RvR.
So far i have managed to narrow it down to one....ENGAGE.
In every duel i have fought i have used this tactic and have managed to beat lvl 50's as a result (i am a 45 paly). Having chosen to be a saracen paly i lack in the strength and constitution area, but with engage all i have to do is put it on and wait for my enemies endurance to run out then attack. I have yet to try it out in proper RvR because of emains tendancy to turn into Zerg central, but i will once i hit magic 50.

In conclusion....NERF FRIARS. (oops, how did that get in there?:))

Me

hahahahahaha

duels != rvr

i dare u to engage during rvr

ur ideas dont apply there ^^

F

Flimgoblin

yeah, as does having 5 people attacking you ;) or nukes, or someone on your back...

G

gunner440

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
yeah, as does having 5 people attacking you ;) or nukes, or someone on your back...

and his presumptions that as a paladin he will be going after tanks o_O

A

Arnor

Originally posted by gunZ-
and his presumptions that as a paladin he will be going after tanks o_O

well thats hardly surprising, he being an alb and all :p

D

dunny_dunny

In order for me to respond to each of your comments let me split this up:

Flimgoblin: Mercs smell and btw i wasnt talking about using this tactic during zergs as i mentioned in my first post:p

gunZ: again, this tactic aint meant to be applied to zergs so plz read my fucking post properly.

D

Draylor

Ever tried that "tactic" against someone who is awake?

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Aww...leave the poor lad alone. Everyone goes through a 'yay, my class isn't a gimpy pile of crap' stage in their career. Don't rain on his parade like this. :p

D

dunny_dunny

ergh, maybe draylor:p...i wud love to duel you all:)

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Pfft...my level 1 wolf cub would CRUSH you into a fine paladin paste. :p

F

Flimgoblin

Flimgoblin: Mercs smell and btw i wasnt talking about using this tactic during zergs as i mentioned in my first post:p

I'll have you know I bathed last year - and what does bodily odours have to do with dueling anyway?

Although I'm sure the reek from your armour when you cack your pants won't be very appealing.

B

Belomar

Originally posted by Arnor2
well thats hardly surprising, he being an alb and all :p
Shoo, you big Troll, back to your own boards! :)

D

dunny_dunny

Oh man, i give up. Your flaming leads me to one conclusion, you weren't loved enough as children:( Which is very sad to hear indeed.
Maybe in an ideal world, some people would agree, or maybe thats asking too much from the barrysworld forums. Anyway, hope to see you guys in game.

P

[PS]Venom

Dunny, try duelling another paladin :) Especially a 2h one. :)

A

alithiel50

The only viable tactics for engage in duels are:

1. For blocking vs scouts when they start off using a bow

2. To guarantee a block at the beginning of the fight if you have 50 shield for the 11 sec stun that Brutalise offers.

It's obvious when a tank is using engage.... all I have to do is not style and wait for them to get bored and attack so I can rip them to pieces. The trouble is that some paladins have far too much patience (or have gone afk while they wait for my end to run out), which is why I can't be bothered duelling them any more! :p

T

Tilda

you havent dueled my reaver, PM me tonight i should be on Tildai :D
Ill give you a whiping you wont forget.

Tilda

G

greenfingers

hahaha, lol yeah RIGHT Tilda ... U can't even keeel a gimpie Infi :p

G

gunner440

gunZ: again, this tactic aint meant to be applied to zergs so plz read my fucking post properly.

zerg or no zerg

engage is useless if you are against someone who has even a little experience in rvr

another thing which has to be pointed out:

having an idea is one thing

making it work is another.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Belomar
Shoo, you big Troll, back to your own boards! :)

nothing happening there :(

so im vacating your boards while im writing a huge article about globalization and shit. WHICH I had to start all over after I was about halfway because I realized I hadnt answered the questions :puke:

20 hrs till it has to be done :(

D

dunny_dunny

Ok then tildai if i'm on tonight i'll PM you and we can do the man dance. As for you other guys, my in game name is Dunny and i'll be glad to duel anyone who wants to fight me. But plz remember, this post was purely 'attempting' to illustrate the use of engage when i duel. It was never a flame at any of you guys (except for flimgoblin cus he just plain pissed me off:))

Anyway hopefully seeyou guys soon.

P

Pin

Engage in duels = lame.

But even if you do just stand there engaging, twisting end and heal you'll still lose against anyone with a clue.

D

dunny_dunny

lol how is using engage in duels lame? Its an ability that i have exploited in the past, its won me duels, and since starting this thread, has managed to get me a kill in emain.

Anyway i'm bored already. Engage can be good, but obviously has its downsides. There we go.

P

Pin

lol how is using engage in duels lame? Its an ability that i have exploited in the past, its won me duels, and since starting this thread, has managed to get me a kill in emain.

Anyway i'm bored already. Engage can be good, but obviously has its downsides. There we go.

It's lame because all it does it drags a duel out. It won't win you any duels against anyone with any nouse at all, but rather stop you losing.

So your class has engage, well so does mine. I could also go buy Tireless 5 and Serenity 5 and engage anyone I duel, not lose endurance, lifetap any damage back and stay at full power, but that would be lame.

Using cheap tactics to drag a fight out indefinately is not what duels are about.

A

Aule Valar

i'd be happy to give you a duel and try out engage.... you'll never block all the pets, muahahahahah

E

Ekydus

Bah Paladins aren't gimps.

Most Paladin duels are long.

In response to Heinrich, I duelled an orange con 2-Handed Paladin once, he only managed to hit me once.
Doubtful it would work against a level 50, they have high parry. ;)

Anyhoo, just thought I should comment, being a Paladin myself and what-not. :)

P

Pin

Originally posted by Aule Valar
i'd be happy to give you a duel and try out engage.... you'll never block all the pets, muahahahahah

If he's standing there with engage on, not trying to hit you, why not just nuke him?

J

jilson

duel me i doubt ur shitty dmg will get thru my ablative shield. I'll DD you twice every 15 seconds and try engaging while your stunned i doubt i'll loose more than 10% health.

D

dunny_dunny

'Shitty damage'?

Oh dear, i wish i never posted this now. Ah the joy of BW flaming, you've gotta love it.

With paladins or any other tank in fact, duels are dragged out anyway so the length aint really an issue. Well at least it aint as cheap as using IP in a duel.
In fact, by using engage it also allows for some nice combos to be let off, especially when fighting against classes that hit fast.

Oh, and Jilson, whats with the angst?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom