Second Hand Machine pricing

JingleBells

FH is my second home
One of my colleagues is selling his old PC, which I'm quite interested in buying, and thus we're wondering on the price of the machine.

Here are the specs, how much would you pay for this? (it's second hand but in good condition)

Motherboard
Asus A8N-SLI Premium SKT 939, Dual Channel RAM, 4 SATA, 4 IDE, SLI, Firewire, 6.1 sound, SP/DIF

Processor
AMD 939 64 3500+

Fan
Thermaltake Silent CPU Tower Cooler

Ram
1Gb (2 * 512Mb DDR 400 Dual Channel Memory)

HD
2 * 80Gb Samsung SATA (Can be setup RAID)

Graphics
2 * Gigabyte 256b 6600Gt Silent (running in SLI)

Graphics
and/or 1 * ATI All In Wonder X1800 XL with IR Remote etc.

Case
Suntek iMac Case

Drives
16x NEC DVD/RW DL
16x DVD ROM

Misc
8 in 1 internal 3.5" Memory Card Reader

PSU
Antec 380w Tru-Silent PSU

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Jinglebells

I think Kryten and the others are better placed to say, but perhaps around £200 or so? Not much, because many of the parts are aging fast. However, price is what you pay, value is what you get. If it suits your needs, and if it helps your friend, then go for it :)

Kind regards

Jonty

P.S. On second thoughts, maybe that's a little tight, but in reality it's increasingly difficult to sell second-hand PCs because people generally like new things, and modern computers are getting ever cheaper. You should think more about what it would cost to upgrade (e.g. maybe you'd want 2GB RAM if you want to use Vista), not focus on what it cost your friend to build.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Hi Jinglebells

I think Kryten and the others are better placed to say, but perhaps around £200 or so? Not much, because many of the parts are aging fast. However, price is what you pay, value is what you get. If it suits your needs, and if it helps your friend, then go for it :)

Kind regards

Jonty

P.S. On second thoughts, maybe that's a little tight, but in reality it's increasingly difficult to sell second-hand PCs because people generally like new things, and modern computers are getting ever cheaper. You should think more about what it would cost to upgrade (e.g. maybe you'd want 2GB RAM if you want to use Vista), not focus on what it cost your friend to build.

Well my current desktop is an old IDE AGP machine, which pretty much means I really need a new machine to even think about upgrading stuff. But I'm lazy, and this seems an easy way to get a machine that's all setup to be upgraded with newer SLI stuff and SATA etc.

I was thinking the £200-250 region myself, but I wanted some better clarification, I've really gone out of the loop regarding the latest hardware etc.

Kryten

Old Cow.
I was thinking circa £250 myself, but normally I tend to price machines up as per the parts inside - but as some products sell second hand for a lot more than they should, often tends to throw up some unrealistic total figures.

As it's SLI and all the components (except the case) are of a decent quality, I'd be looking at the upper margin of the £200-250 range, although again I'd have probably wanted a bit more storage. Then again, that's hardly expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom