Second DAoC Expansion annouced

S

Sigurd

No info about it, but mythic have confirmed it... (taken from DAoC Catacombs)

Mythic Entertainment's President Mark Jacobs confirmed, on the Vaults Imperator Development Board yesterday, that Dark Age of Camelot has another expansion pack in it's future:
"Given the early stages that both Imperator and the next DAoC expansion pack are in," said Jacobs in reference to the idea of attending the Game Developer's Conference. "Going to GDC and making a lot of noise about them is not credible. We prefer to let things develop along at a slow-burn rather than at full heat."

S

svartmetall

Note to GOA: kill yourselves and let a competent company handle it.

J

Jupitus

Fuck off now to avoid disappointment then :rolleyes:

<Doesn't miss them in the slightest>

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by Jupitus
Fuck off now to avoid disappointment then :rolleyes:

<Doesn't miss them in the slightest>

You think they handled SI well? Ok, your entitled to your opinion.

G

g0ldenbone

Indeed poorly handled..

Thankfully the expansion is great though :)

V

Vivishade

im sure GOA mustve learnt to work on weekends by now :p

K

kinag

Aye start preparing pls (not that i had any problem registrating^^)

and the game is great, but it keeps getting my comp rebooted all the time :mad:

J

Jupitus

I don't disagree that the registration process could have been improved for the SI release (and have already offered constructive suggestions to GoA regarding this), but I am pretty fed up of all the whiners here starting thread after thread to moan and groan.

I would place money that the same people were the ones casting doubts about when SI might be released here in Europe, or saying GoA will just fall further and further behind the US release versions. Well take a step back and consider the situation.

GoA have not fallen further behind in patches, but have made good solid progress in bringing us the patches in a timely manner, often rolling a few versions into one patch and in general the patching has been done smoothly with limited issues.

Server up time for the game in Europe is generally very impressive with very little downtime. I don't play many other games, but I get the impression from talking to others that GoA's track record is a good one by comparison.

GoA set a date for the SI release and hit that date, despite unforseen last minute issues. The commitment of the staff to hit that date was second to none, and I personally think those who come here and flame individuals for the few problems that have occurred need your heads looking at.

I'm not saying GOA are perfect - they need to look at some of the problems encountered and learn from them for the future. What I am saying is that if every single one of those whiners who have been posting repeatedly on these boards were to leave the game (and the boards) I'd be more than happy about it. If you plan on doing so, please do it sooner rather than later.

I

inqy

I'm fairly pissed with goa atm myself for the way my bugged epic armour quest has been handled. But I've got to agree with Jupitus on the rest. This whining has to stop.

A

Addlcove

I don't disagree that the registration process could have been improved for the SI release (and have already offered constructive suggestions to GoA regarding this), but I am pretty fed up of all the whiners here starting thread after thread to moan and groan.

I would place money that the same people were the ones casting doubts about when SI might be released here in Europe, or saying GoA will just fall further and further behind the US release versions. Well take a step back and consider the situation.

GoA have not fallen further behind in patches, but have made good solid progress in bringing us the patches in a timely manner, often rolling a few versions into one patch and in general the patching has been done smoothly with limited issues.

Server up time for the game in Europe is generally very impressive with very little downtime. I don't play many other games, but I get the impression from talking to others that GoA's track record is a good one by comparison.

GoA set a date for the SI release and hit that date, despite unforseen last minute issues. The commitment of the staff to hit that date was second to none, and I personally think those who come here and flame individuals for the few problems that have occurred need your heads looking at.

I'm not saying GOA are perfect - they need to look at some of the problems encountered and learn from them for the future. What I am saying is that if every single one of those whiners who have been posting repeatedly on these boards were to leave the game (and the boards) I'd be more than happy about it. If you plan on doing so, please do it sooner rather than later.

:clap: agree on all points.

oh and krypt, you can just f**k off anyhows

N

Neural Network

Right on Jup.
I've said it once and I can say it again:
If you really feel this is the worst game you ever played, please quit and make a better game yourself.

S

StormriderX

So long as goa ensure that their website can handle more than 80 people at a time, I would be satisfied...

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by stormriderx
So long as goa ensure that their website can handle more than 80 people at a time, I would be satisfied...

.... was my feedback to them along with offering a 'no graphics' version of the page for poor old 56k'ers. Hopefully they will take that on board.

T

Teh Krypt

Yeah well, to be honest, I wouldnt care.

As I know all games have problems ect when people do mass subscribing.. so I left buying SI until now.

I have 35 characters and SI is still invalid.

This combind with all the problems everyone else has whined about gets on my huge faty tits.

*Krypt shags Jupitus's neice :p*

O

old.Tohtori

.... was my feedback to them along with offering a 'no graphics' version of the page for poor old 56k'ers. Hopefully they will take that on board.

Try editing your browser options..there is a lil button for "show images" or some other crap...

S

Shike

stop makin sense Jupitus ^^

one might think you aint playing in Albion :cool:

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by Teh Krypt
*Krypt shags Jupitus's neice :p*

<Laughs as Nhelli stabs Krypt in the eye with a barbed arrow then runs off to tell her friends about his tiny..... >

S

Stormm

Originally posted by old.Tohtori

Try editing your browser options..there is a lil button for "show images" or some other crap...

aint gonna help... its all in Flash. U can turn Flash off - then u cant interact :eek6:

F

Flimgoblin

its not all flash and browsers have this handy caching thing where it doesn't download a movie that's not been updated... so you download it once and voila :)

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by Flimgoblin

Where did you get it from?

The shop "Game".. afink fonz went downtown and replaced all the CD keys or something :(

T

tjiss

Would be nice if they added some new things besides fighting only.

O

old.moriath

Originally posted by Teh Krypt

The shop "Game".. afink fonz went downtown and replaced all the CD keys or something :(

Game are rubbish

I bought a copy of AC2 there and got it back and the CD key had already been used.

As a result of their refund policy they get games that have already been regiistered back and try and sell them again.

I had to go back to the store and get another copy :rolleyes:

And yes AC2 does suck

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by old.moriath

Game are rubbish

I bought a copy of AC2 there and got it back and the CD key had already been used.

As a result of their refund policy they get games that have already been regiistered back and try and sell them again.

I had to go back to the store and get another copy :rolleyes:

And yes AC2 does suck

*Sighs*
I waited almost a week so that the problems which I knew would come went on goas side (or interweb side I dont care :p)

Then this happens.
Is there no way to can get goa to validate it? I can't go back to the game shop for quite a while :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom