old.dallow

ok...

imo it shud be :

ospdm5
ospdm6
dm7 \0/
dm14tmp
cpm4
and either im3dm1 or poq3dm5 but i sense the later map badly needs a railgun.

wivout a shadow of a doubt plz drop dm12tmp its utterly utterly utterly crap!

and dont even think about bringing cpm13 back.

:D

O

old.gS.TuKo

blub

ospdm5,ospdm6,dm14,cpm4 & dm6 or dm7 ?
expect there is a worthy replacer for dm6 or dm7
dm8 is a bit a booring map for me. Only rail ©giacomo spot is nice to play :D

Q

[q3p]Cyrus

Last season it was propsed maybe to have dm6 and dm7 on a rotation... what happened to that one then?

O

old.KillaR

sar...

well, imo
1) it's easier to regain control
2) you really don't need to HAVE control, what was surely the question on dm7, in milk you can just wait.
3) you have less open spaces
4)more height differences than dm7

but in the end it has the same 'style' of playing, but there're many more ways to win this map

S

Sawtooth

I like cpm9, mex, milkdm1, OSPdm5, OSPdm6

[EC]Sawtooth

S

Sar

Re: sar...

Originally posted by KillaR
well, imo
1) it's easier to regain control
2) you really don't need to HAVE control, what was surely the question on dm7, in milk you can just wait.
3) you have less open spaces
4)more height differences than dm7

but in the end it has the same 'style' of playing, but there're many more ways to win this map

1) It's not. It's easier to hold that RA/RG room on milk with 4 competent railers than it is on DM7, and that's saying something.

2) Wait for what? Quad's largely ineffective cos as soon as he appears in the RA room he's toast

3) Moot point if one team has a stranglehold on the RA room

4) No way. Milk/imr3dm1 has less height to it than DM7. DM7 has 3 'levels', imr3dm1/milk has 2.

O

old.dijon

map choices

ok, I'm not much of a tdm'er but i think the following :p

ospdm5,
ospdm6 (nice),
dm7 (0wns),
milk (lovely map)

whatever u do, do NOT bring dm12 anywhere near league inclusion again. this is the most boring pile of sh!te map for TDM, and not even "funny" like the BFG version. poop in the 1st degree.

and cpm4 is also naff, but only cos I'm so shite I need a railgun to keep me happy :p

brother*dijon

O

old.Swelt

In light of the release of poq3dm5, I think a fairly classic line-up presents itself:

cpm4
dm14tmp
ospdm5
ospdm6
poq3dm5
and possible q3dm7 for old times sakes, if not dm12tmp.

Reasoning on those new maps:

OSPDM5 and 6 - thanks to the CB playoffs, we've alreayd seen some cracking games on these maps. Both have the potential to be played really well, and for teams to apply tactics to gain an upper hand. Nice maps both. I think I prefer 6 of the two.

poq3dm5 is DM14 but not. It's lack of a rail is not a disadvantage - given the structure and nature of the map, I think it was quite wise to remove it. My only concern is the proximity of the 2 RLs... a careless team could lose control of 2xRL, RA and YA in one foul swoop. Still - with BS and Quad, theres room for a clever "down" team to make a decent comeback even from that. O - and crank up your r_subdivisions to maintain framerates in a couple of the curvier rooms to ensure smoother gameplay. *edit* what makes it better than DM14 is that the RA/RL area is so much more attackable. In DM14 (which I do like) the problem is that the two entrances to RA/RL are so defensible. Hence the tendancy (in vq3 :p) for overly defensive play. This is where imo poq > dm14.

I do not like milk/im3dm1. I find the door camping anal and annoyingly effective (big door frames may look nice, but they play crap) and the "down team"'s side of the map which previously was dull is now removed (rather than improved). Couple these with the flat layout and the o so lame bouncepads in primary, and you have a poor hommage to q3dm7. Just play dm7 if that's what you want.

B

bigfoot

That's a lineup pretty close to what i was envisaging.

Q

[q3p]Cyrus

I quite liked dm12tmp meself, and btw Godsmurf - how long have you been playing if you think OSPDM5 is the best map ever!

God Almighty its good but not THAT good...

I personally also think that OSPDM6 is a bit mazey and annoying but thats just my opinion. Oh and poqdm1 sucks big hairy man ass...

Cheers
Cyrus

S

Sar

Hehehe

Godsmurf has been around the block a few times. The slag :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom