Season 8 BWDML Map Pool

B

bigfoot

The two core maps for Season 8 are going to be CPM4 and Q3DM14TMP, aside from that i am open to suggestions although PRO-Q3DM6 will definitely not be used.

In total i am probably needing 5 or 6 maps, so fire away :).

O

old.WaR*Mooby

well..

I reckon the following:

ospdm5
dm7
imrdm1
ospdm6 is also good
dm12tmp is pants:sleeping:
mexx

thats my suggestions hope theyre helpful
:D

O

old.Seabass

OSP Please

My vote goes to the 2 OSP maps that people seem to be playing alot on various servers now. OSPDM5 and OSPDM6. Not the best maps in the world but certainly a change from the dusty ole maps. Wait a sec I forgot about MILK. Erm I also thought MILKTDM1 was good and i would like to see that come back. Sooo, if I was to pick 2 it would be MILK and (hmmmm 6 or 5) maybe OSPDM5. OSPDM5 makes forr some interesting play as (I haven't played it that much so correct me if I am wrong) it is hard to get the Quad if you are holding the RA. OSPDM6 can be abit of a FFA.

O

old.AcidicFish

My vote is:

ospdm5
ospdm6
q3dm12tmp

O

old.Swelt

ospdm5
ospdm6

Possibly
q3dm12tmp

I did not like milktdm1 and I don't feel that imrdm1 is much better - possibly worse. (no offence imric)

O

old.[EC]Penny

dm7
OSP dm5
Osp dm6

I think dm7 is still a great 4v4 map,also the 2 OSP maps should be a nice change.At just hope nobody votes for CPM 9 :)

O

old.[lsr]kusari

i would say use any of the following:
dm7tmp
milk/imrdm1
osp5
osp6
cpm13(am i the only person who enjoyed it?)

maybe give a try to:
q3dm11(enjoyed this the last time we played it although was only in a friendly)
cpm9(in use by demonclans next season)

please no:
dm8
mexx
dm12tmp

O

old.Imric

If I was to pick the other 4 maps to accompany dm14tmp and cpm4 (i'd remove cpm4 personaly but thats not up for discussion). I'd have to pick the following:

imr3dm1 / milktdm1 - Even I am undecided over this / these maps, although I beleve the updated edition (imr3dm1) is alot more intresting and is more focused.

ospdm6 - What a level, credit to the designer its fantastic in my opinion. Plays great, some nice jumps, multiple tactics, who could want more?

dm7tmp - So I'm oldschool, this one's a timeless classic.

ospdm5 - This one's just edged out dm12tmp for me (after having a great game on it last night). The level is different and will be intresting to play. Again, this one has a few diff tac's to use.

Btw swelt, no offence taken. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion (i'm happy enough that milktdm1 was played last season :) ).

O

old.Krazine

I say for the maps shove in:
Q3dm7 - still has another season left in it at least

OSPDM5 - this one has potentional for some interesting tactics comming out for it, could end up being a nightmare tho not sure

IMR3DM1/MILK3TDM1 - I'm unsure which is best really, i like the fact that IMR is smaller before attacking RA only seemed to happen after quad had been taken, now they seem to be closer together... although now there seems to be something missing... theres a lot of open space, not sure whether thats a good thing or a bad thing really as i havent yet played it 4v4 (only on my own so far)

Thats all i can think of atm, we need more desent maps really as the old ones (well dm6) are begining to get on my nerves...

kraz-

O

old.Jazka

:clap:
OsPdm5 (new but 0wn and played)

:D
cpm9 (need an european chance since a long time)
ospdm6 (in my home first opinion: no enjoy... but played)

:cool:
dm12tmp (playable)
dm7 (classical but so boreeeeeeed about it)
OSPdm2 (battcula if i'm wrong, really new style,fun)
PQarena (don't understand why it's not played)
dm8tmp (why not, but)
milk ("medium" but playable)

:(
ospdm12 ("horizontal")
dm11 (bla)
cpm13 (i liked but slowly, fat...)
cpm14 (crap ya/RA location)

Custom:
bal3dm3 (seems fast, look nice)
fr3dm1 (desintegrated locations but need a try)
lun3dm1 (perhaps a good ffa map)
nedsword (great architecture but need an all items reshuffle version)
overkill (ra3 map... )

poq3dm5 (new Clan POQ map, but only beta available: http://q3lfr.nofrag.com/maps/poq3dm5_beta.zip )

:upyours:
mexx (aiming, only aiming, no interest)
ngi1,2,3 (so crap, wher's toilet?)

Don't really know:
another OSPdm etc

(Remember when i said for season 7 choice:
"10-Batcula
So great and interressant architecture but too much armor and... haste + rege: need a tmp version for i think to can become a very great tdm map, a little bit be out of camping too." ;) )

O

old.tommyboyo

bring back dm8 is all i can say. dm12 was also quite good.
i know i wont make a difference, but id prefer to remove dm7 and keep dm6

dc.tom

V

vGo:Spectre

I'd have these three;

ospdm5
ospdm6
milktdm1

and then one from;

dm7tmp
dm12tmp
ospdm12

i can't stand the following because they are bags of sh!te for tdm;

cpm9
cpm13
dm8 (does it really need saying?)

O

old.shaFt`ROLLER

i'd like to see a mappool that looks like this

ospdm5
it's in the eurocup so it will be practised alot

ospdm6
same goes for this map

cpm9
after the cK vs stickmen game in the us i'd like to see this map in 2 :)

poq3dm5
I've walked around the beta and even played a game on it vs vikings and it has great potential (maybe even better than ospdm5 that is in eurocup imo)

q3dm7
It's a classic and a good one

cpm4 and dm14 are already in so np :D
just my opinion etc.

O

old.Lucki3

beside cpm4 and dm14:

3 choices for meh

ospdm5
ospdm6
poq3dm5 (for those who haven't watched the map: do it, it rox, and it's (in my humble opinion) better then imr/milk :0) ).

O

old.BosjeR

Oh man, dm7 suxx so much, if there is one map that should go then it's that map.

for the new maps on the other hand :

osp5
osp6
milk

It's a shame though that even BW drops pro-q3dm6, was hoping to still be able to play it in bw leagues since cb dropped it... but why oh why could anybody want to keep dm7 in the maplist, have pitty with the old geezer and put a bullet between its eyes :(

and for the love of god, don't include dm12tmp

O

old.bio-m1ke

besides cpm4 and dm14tmp,

I think :

OSPDM5
OSPDM6
Q3DM7

Should be used, and if a 4th unique map is to be used it may aswell be POQ3DM5

I strongly detest dm12, real pain to play on.

i'm kind of indifferent to milktdm, can't judge the updated map though.

S

Sar

OSPDM5 is pretty nice. OSPDM6 ain't bad, but it ain't uber-fantastic either.

imr3dm1 / milktdm1 - Sorry Imric, but I thought Milk was pretty bland, and basically DM7 all over again, and the new version (imr3dm1) is actually worse, as a few sections of the map have been removed (the old RL room, the tele room and the sg room), so literally you're playing in 3 small sections (length wise - RA room, Quad Room, and RL 'room').

DM6 - Cheerio! :D

DM7 - Should be gone too.

DM12TMP - It really needs a railgun. Maybe where the BFG is on the vanilla version. But makes for interesting games nonetheless.

DM8 - Nah.

poq3dm5 - It's way too big for a 4v4 game. Way too big. People will be spending too much of the game having to run around trying to find someone to kill.

DM11 - was dumped cos it was too big (also cos it had lack of focus and the RA room was cessy), and it was smaller than poq3dm5 imo.

O

old.KingpiNklit

ospdm5
dm12tmp
ospdm6 its kinda :puke: but since its in ec

O

old.uNs`NeCrO

maps

-cpm4
-dm14tmp
-milkdm1
-ospdm5
-ospdm6

those 5 maps are prolly the best for next season.

O

old.BosjeR

just making sure it's understood : DROP DM7TMP, IT SUXX

:clap: :clap: :clap:

O

old.Jetset01

NOOOOOOOOO

i loved pro-q3dm6 and dm7 an all :( TBH i dont like these osp maps , ospdm5 is OK but thats about it :(

O

old.iguanameenie

DM6

Nice to see im not the only one who isnt over keen on dm6 :p

DM7 rocks, not ospdm5 please and stick ospdm6 on.. dm12, so so map, cpm4 rocks, cpm13 sucks how about a retro gamers kick and stick ospdm1 on :clap:

O

old.[lsr]kusari

yes indeed i could be up for some ospdm1, had some great fun on q2 with that..... while in the retro mood i don't suppose anyone made a conversion of q2dm5 was my fave :D

O

old.Warlock`ROLLER

woef

my picks

dm7: map plain rox, only noobs think its bad (aint that right Bosj)

ospdm5: ec map :eek:

ospdm6: ec map :eek:

poq3dm5: oh yeh, this map definatly has potentional and no this map aint big at all...just test it properly and you'll see.

+ CPM4 & dm14tmp ofcoz

L

=[LKFF]=RiGHT

dont follow ClanBase to eagerly plz!

would be a shame if all leagues get f*cked up :(

cpm4, q3dm14tmp....

q3dm7 , KEEP IT _PLEASE_

imr3dm1 , kewl map

poq5 seems to be very popular, havent checked it myself yet
poq1 sucks...

osp5 = okay, osp6 is better tho

osp6 = geniusly layed out, so great even that I still dont understand it, viewing pleasure is a lot higher then most other maps, if only b/c of the nice FFA-level of the map ;)

osp12 = utterly shit

q3dm12tmp is the _WORST_ tp map of all the tmp maps.
q3mexx is just 1 spot above q3dm12tmp
even q3dm8 is a real lot better then both of those maps, even when added together q3dm8 is still beter.

cpm9 is totally unbalanced and made ONLY for cpm(a) not for normal TDM
cpm13 juck.. plz dont make us go through that again
cpm14 = funny, you got a _LOT_ of space to run really hard through it.

so:

cpm4,q3dm14tmp,q3dm7(tmp),imr3dm1, osp5 and/or osp6

plz not:

q3dm12tmp
q3mexx
cpm9
cpm13

O

old.Mr.Perch

i think ospdm6 should definitely be in the pool. imo its a much better map than ospdm5. Other than that i suppose dm7 has a season or 2 left in it (so does dm6 tho!) and I'm not too fussed about the others so long as they dont include mexx or dm8 :)

O

old.Zero_ie

map

DM14tmp/CPM4 - nice1

we had a lan this weekend, played loads of osp5/6 and decided unanimously that OSP5 is donkeyshite but OSP6 was great crack to play. Pity DM6 is going, so I spose I'd pick -

DM7tmp
IMR3DM1 (not bad, 4 LPB railers in red kinda end the game tho, moreso than DM7)
OSPDM6 (way better than osp5)

O

old.KillaR

imo

i should go for cpm4, dm14tmp, ospdm5, ospdm6 and milk

ospdm5 & ospdm6 : because they're used in the eurocup and they've proven to be played well.

milk : because imo it's a well replacement for dm7, and yet so innovative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom