Stowaway_l

This season the following maps will definitely be used:

2Fort
Well
Shutdown2

Thanks

B

bovinusdebilus

Maps that I think can be in this vote. I don't enjoy all these maps. It's simply i judge they can be in the vote :

High_gas_b3
Mortality
Mulch_trench
Canalzone2

And i've heard of those other maps but never played on :
Chimkey
2mesa3
Oppose_2k1

O

old.DeerHunter

I suggest deffinatly chimkey_l, oppose2k1 and cz2. I've never played 2mesa3 but i've heard many a tale of woe from it :-/

O

old.Carwash

Vidars is a top map for clan matches. Altho Offy love it.. deffy hate it.
Roasted_b2 looks quite good, not played that in a match yet, but will be interesting.

2Mesa3 makes me wanna quit TFC.... nuff said bout that.

Oppose2k1 .. an "alright" map, but would rather not play that.....ever.
Chimkey_l good map, good for clan matches etc.. put that in.

I hear the high gas ones are good.. but never played them so dunno wot to think bout 'em

O

old.D R e a D e D

Canalzone2, Oppose2k1 and chimkey are my votes

M

Moön

Openfire seem's a classic now and always a popular choice on admined server's, insurection also really good fun, I would say both definately should be included .

Others I agree with here are Oppose_2k1 had some fun playing that looks good for both offy and defence, Vidars only played in practice but does seem a change from the same old thing and has room for new tactics to come into play, seem's good fun .

Ones I'd prefer not to see would be bases_r2 as its to delicate for clan matches with 3 ways of scoreing and so many clans will be unaware of this, 2mesa3 just boring to play and mortality that seem's very dependant on particular skills that some div 3 clans will find hard .

Badlands might not be bad to try out tho I've never played it in a competave manner but thinking about it it could be good, also div3 freindly .

A

Afx

CZ2 has to be in,Time will tell how much fun it is post bhop though :p but i certainly think its got to be in as a virtually undrawable map.
As for new maps:-
Chimkey_l :eek:
Roasted_b2(full version out soon i think) http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mark.barnes2/Roasted_b2.zip
Defy_r http://www.top10tourney.net/maps/tf/defy_r.zip
New version of bases(bases2k1) looks v nice
And if you want to be original and pick a map unlikely to be played in the uktfcl but looks like it ownz then Pandemonium
http://www.planetfortress.com/pixel/download.asp?ID=122 by the same author as Roasted i think,It looks a v nice map,Kinda in the vein of sd_l.

O

old.Annihilation

Some cool maps.

Badlands
Bases_r2
Crossover2
Insurrection_r
Monkey_l
Openfire_l
Rock2
Shutdown_l
Stowaway_l

are good choises. nit sure about insurrection never played it.
2Mesa3 is a quality map and should be included in my opinion :)

not too keen on chimkey.... nice map just take hell of a time for defender to get from respawns into position :(

oppose2k1 is also good but has little problems, but you can get a good clan match in that map :)

Mortality was very good in uktfcl last season and would be another good suggestion

im not a big fan of cz2 but alot of people are. another one that should be a good choise

O

old.eH_SimoN

Well stowaway brings back bad memories, but so many people tend to like it so theres no chance of that going away..

But bases_r2 is quite, well poo really, something like Insurrection should really replace it.

O

old.Wriggly40

What about

- crossover2
- torch

cant wait till it starts ;)

:cool:

:clap:

O

old.[NuTa]Rushie

Chimkey_l
Mortality

both are fast and fun in clan games :)

M

Moön

Its possible that bunny hoping could be removed part way through this upcoming season so bear that in mind as some bunny hopping oriented maps will probably become a bit cack .

O

old.DeerHunter

And which maps exactly are bunnyhop-orientated?

M

Moön

Monkey for a start totally dependant on bunny hoping, conc/bunny hop the fr, bunny hop the front door etc and I can also see a lot of 0-0 shutdown_l matches following the next patch .

I don't agree with bunny hoping myself but some maps are gonna end up hard on offence and its either gonna go 0-0 or spam fest . maps previously designed with bunny hoping in mind aint gonna be much fun I don't think .

Havn't played chimkey so I wouldn't know .

R

rty

welllll i think

oppose2k1
insurreection_r and rock2 :p

O

old.k70

rock2: way too easy to lock down
badlands: booring without bh
insurrection: easy to defend
crossover2: spam deluxe and encourages bt tactics
sd: far too easy to defend
2mesa3: lift bug sucks big time on this map
oppose2k1: laaaarge, long ways, not suitable for 8vs8
bases2k1: nice map, take a look

O

old.Mr War

i think its bout time a uk/euro league stood up and said "we will try new maps!!!"

O

old.bee

Suggesting maps in a forum probably isnt the right way to go about it, I think a few playtests or friendlys on some new maps should be done..thats the only way to tell whether or not a map plays well in clan games.

M

Moön

Perhaps a group could get together maybe run by a bw admin and get a few maps tested, maybe get it going with an irc channel ?

O

old.DeerHunter

Originally posted by 1Moon
Monkey for a start totally dependant on bunny hoping, conc/bunny hop the fr, bunny hop the front door etc and I can also see a lot of 0-0 shutdown_l matches following the next patch .

I don't agree with bunny hoping myself but some maps are gonna end up hard on offence and its either gonna go 0-0 or spam fest . maps previously designed with bunny hoping in mind aint gonna be much fun I don't think .

Havn't played chimkey so I wouldn't know .

Perhaps you're missing the point that without bunnyhopping, teams may wish to put more ppl into attack which might gap the void slightly. Although maps like monkey_l are very easy to bhop on, it doesn't at all mean that it was made specifically for it. Without bhopping, people will have to develop new strategies for such maps, but it certainly doesn't make such maps redundant.

M

Moön

Simply, seen it myself locked down with out an offence team that bunny hops, caps get fewer offence gets agravated .

You really think that this isnt a matter that should be taken into consideration before picking maps for the next season ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom