Season 2 nearly over

E

Excess1on

With only 2 weeks of season 2 left, what maps would you like to see used in the league for Season 3, and which gamemode do you think would suit those maps the most.

Dont forget that for the league there needs to be 7 maps for TS and 7 maps for CTF, so post your choice of maps and gamemodes for them here.

Serious suggestions only, no flaming, moaning about stuff. Any replies like that will be deleted.

C

Crusader_

There may be more than 7 maps needed, it depends on what we decide in terms of league structure ie number of clans per division, number of divisions.

So give us your map choices and gamemodes that can be used successfully on those maps (with lots of testing obviously :)) so we can build up a pool of maps to be considered for use.

O

old.]IQS[proba

maps

for TS : - 2 *casa
- 2 *abbey
- Docks
- Uptown
- Streets
- + mebbe village

dunno for ctf map, just remove dam

O

old.BaZeLeZZ

TS - CTF maps

TS:
- Casa
- Abbey
- Docks
- Ricochet
- Village
- Uptown
- Cambridge

CTF:
- Laneway2
- Subway
- Sliema
- Riyadh
- Paradise
- Docks
- Rommel

S

ST8

I think the major problem with ctf is the lack of balance in nearly all of the maps.

As a serious suggestion i think mebbe that ctf and ts should alternate weekly, so say play 2 ts maps one week then next play 1 ctf, BUT alternate teams on the ctf map so u do one round (20mins) as red then another 20 mins as blue. Off the top of my head i cant think of any balanced ctf maps :/

TS:
Abbey
Casa
Rommel
Docks
Uptown

CTF:
Subway
Dam
Laneway2

Maps i dont wanna see :p :
Afterhours <- we had some very ODD flag bugs on our game on there

E

Excess1on

thats

not a bad idea
playing the same ctf map twice, once as blue, once as red, would solve loads of probs
we kicked the idea around last season, but not enough peeps commented on it.

C

Crusader_

There's a suggestion we could play 2x10 minute CTF games, alternating colours, instead of 1x20 minute one.

O

old.]IQS[proba

ctf

just remove ctf it s so shitty imo

2 maps TS or one map TS and one map tdm

C

Crusader_

well as you know proba, CTF takes different skills to win at than that which TS does, and alot of clans seem to like the challenge of having an objective other than killing people. I'd think it unlikely that a majority would want to change it, but we'll see.

Having good maps for ut ctf is important, for whatever value of good applies, so we'll see how things go in that department too.

S

ST8

Please do NOT remove ctf, it would make the league so boring, i dont think i could handle playing only ts week after week. And as for TDM it certainly does not require the same tactical play that ctf does. Id say i have a fair amount of experience playing ctf given ive played q3f for over 2 years now :) If it were upto me, id have a ctf only league, but hey that not gonna happen ;)

I think 2 10 min games would probs be a little short but if its the only way it can be organised its doable i suppose. What do u think of 2 15 min games?

O

old.[FR]Fracas

Maps

TS maps :

- streets
- abbey
- casa
- uptown
- docks
- cambridge
- village

CTF maps:

- docks
- laneway2
- sliema
- rommel
- paradise
- austria
- bungalow

GL for the organisation

E

Excess1on

yea

nice map list Fracas

not sure about Docks as TS & CTF though
maybe use a dif map for CTF (subway, dam, afterhours, alleys, campus, pressure zone, or sands, just to name a few)

none of those maps should cause any probs if we go for the 2 x 10 min rounds on each map for CTF

O

old.[FR]Fracas

maps

oke to replace docks ctf , may be twinlakes.

O

old.ASG-Spiff

Maps

TS maps :

- streets
- abbey
- casa
- uptown
- docks
- bungalow
- village

CTF maps:

- docks
- laneway2
- sliema
- rommel
- Subway
- P Grounds
- Twin Lakes

Greets ASG Spiff

S

ST8

Re: Maps

Originally posted by ASG-Spiff
- P Grounds

Had forgotten about that one, one of the few symmetrical and hence perfectly balanced ctf maps :)

O

old.JedyKnight

Maps

Since no one has presented a reliable map list with their reasons, and with tested maps, here it is mine, it will be posted on the foruns and on the admin mail list. Hope u enjoy it as my eyes started friyng on the 3h i tested the last map ( i had like more 6 maps to test .. but this is more then enough).

Maps-

Abbey - Perfect TS map, nothing to say here. On Ctf nice map, with equal distanced spawns, only flaw, blue is more easy to defend, but with flash spam the flag can be taken easily.

Docks - On the TS nothing to say, nice map. On ctf things change, red spawn on docks and blue on the house, unequal spawns, both with flaws but red is an advantage, if u take the blue flag almost no one will retrieve it, on the other hand if some one takes the red, its 20x more easy to retrieve, large area of docks. So i really think..no way.

Casa - On ts, nothing to say..perfect. Now on ctf strangly enough there is no flags, so if u want to train ctf with invisible flags this is "tha map".

Uptown - Nice Ts map, nothing to say. On ctf its the same invisible flags thing that where on casa :)

Streets - Ts rules. Ctf invisible powered flags.

Riyadh - On ts, its a nice snipers map, i dont know if there is a change to put riyadh on the TS because it will encourage some spawn campers to stay on the "tents". On ctf, one of the best maps on urban terror, with equal spawns and equal possibilities.

Village - On ts is great, multiple tactics can be employed, its very nice to see cw on this map. On ctf same invisible powered flags.

Pressure zone - no ts. ctf is nice on this map, and very fun but red spawn has advantage.

ricochet - On ts its just booring, to much camp, to much roof control, no way. On ctf same thing, no flags.

Sands - On ts it just too booring. On ctf, equal spawns, equal respawns, the only problem is the distance, but i think it can be a pretty straight forward map when its played well.

Revolution - On ts its a nice map but way booring if ppl camps. On ctf, no flags.

Swim - On ts it can be a good alternative, if ppl dont camp :) Ctf invisible again.

Austria - To booring ts. Ctf its very very nice, only with 1 problem, usually red team have the spawn advantage, blue team respawn it like omg .. way far.

Rommel - On ts its a good map, can be booring sometimes but its an alternative. On Ctf its a nice map, both teams can cap easilly.

Dam - DAMN this DAM!!

alleys - no comments about this map :D

Bungalow - On ts can be an alternative, but its an fps snatcher on some ocasions. On ctf, no flags.

Paradise - Its a booring ts map, but as ctf, the spawns are very equal, both red and blue its same thing, both hard to defend, perhaps blue its more hard to attack. Only flaw..

Afterhours - On ts, naaa. On ctf, its a very good map, fps snatcher but the spawns are equal and its very very nice.

Sliema - On ts can be very booring, on ctf the blue spawn haves the advantage, one can only snatch the blue flag with luck and an incredible organized team (if the other team is "as skilled")

Downtown - Now to Ts this map can rox, 1.27 lovers know what im talking about. On ctf, its provably very hard to snath both of the flags, but at least is equal on both ways. The only problem its the DAMN MUSIC!!

Mansion - This map on TS can rox as well, its a simple map, a house a garden and a subway passage, its not an fps snatcher and i think its a straight forward map. Ctf = no flags.

Hong Kong - It can be a Ts alternative, very small map, but i think its not worth it. Ctf no flags.

Museum - On ts no way. On ctf, its very very nice. one spawn on the roof and another on the street below, both teams can snatch the flag, the paths are equal. Only problem, fps snatcher.

Laneway2- On ts its nice but booring sometimes. On ctf, the flags are equal but the big problem about the map is the fps :\

Twin lakes - Its an alternative to TS, but its kinda sucky to me and no ctf.

hotel Hell - no way on both ways.

Warehouse - no way again.

Train - on ts, its a funny map, to bad its way bigger then it looks. no ctf.

Tequila - ts sux on this one but ctf is nice, red flag is visible but weird enough i coudn't find the blue one, but this is a no no map .. seeing laneway2? its 2x more fps stealer.

Tactical - It seems to be a great ts map, if only clans wont camp so much we could se some really hardcore sniper action here. Ctf no flags.

Subway - Ts is a no no. Ctf its really great on this map, very hard to get the flag but its great.

Intermodal - I think this map is a "BIG" joke. The greaters fps stealer i ever met .. yey.

Office - It can be a nice Ts map for 1.27 lovers, but i dunno if it can be an alternative. On ctf, is a nice map, many ways where u can escape on some cases. Its rather equal spawns, i think the blue have a little more trouble to defend and the red to attack.

Nolhta - its a no no to all aspects. no ctf.

Industrial - Hey, great ts map, nothing to say here. no ctf.

Hong Kong - err naaaa.

Garten - It seems nice for ts, but fps will drop..much!

encounter - when i first saw this map i was like .. wtf? rotfl. Now im more like. omg i wanna play this map, its FUN. and on

ctf should rox so hard. I wanna play this !! :D

Houssturm - Advanced copy of ut mansion, seems even better for ts then mansion. no ctf.

Demolition - Ts is sucky, but ctf is an worthy alternative. maybe some fps will drop.

Invasion - no wayyy.

Snipers Paradise - nice for snipers but fps drops big.

Armory 2 - I dont really like this remake...

Armory - Can be an ts alterlative .. it always where :)

Cambride - Nice for pubs .. not here :)

Cabin - This map for ts sux, but ctf can be an funny alternative... :)

Ww2 complex - naaa

Campus - joking?

Cargo - another joke?

Bronx - hey this map looks like a war zone street, great looks but i think this can't be an alternative.

Facility - naaa.

Castle - Neet map but naa..

Lost Temple - glup glup glup...

Biodome - Omg 20 km corridors lol

Sectret Lab - Its it haves ctf but naaa..sucky.

Canal Shores - this map has a DISCOOO .. but not worth playing :)

Druglord - big for ts, but can be played, on ctf its pretty straight forward.

Conclusion:

Ts Reliable maps - Abbey, Docks, Casa, Streets, Uptown, Village.
Ts alternate (some need testing) maps - mansion, Houssturm, armory, swim, downtown, tactical, hong kong.

Ctf Reliable - riyadh, abbey, rommel, afterhours, paradise, druglord, sands.
Ctf (some need testing maps - downtown, demolition, encounter, cabin, office.

:cool:

E

Excess1on

:D

hehe
invisible flags :D

if there are no flags it means the map doesnt support CTF.

Twin Lakes does support CTF, its in the bworld rotation
Alleys is crap for TS but can be fun for CTF, the spawns are pretty even, with both flags being on the roof above, nice straightforward route to each flag, plus plenty of other routes to take if needed.

oh yea, nearly forgot

Campus is a really good map for CTF, very even spawns, nice routes to each flag, peeps like playing it on the bworld rotation

O

old.JedyKnight

Maps

Well, alleys i didnt even bother cheking,i hate that map for TS, i didnt find the flags on twin lakes, i searched .. but it seems i didnt search well enough, but i checked both spawns and i guess the respawn is far away from the flag no ? :)
About campus .. i dont really think its suitable for the bw cup, there are other non oficial maps that rox much more then campus.
Cabin seemed to me like the missing link to bwq3utl for dam replacement .. and of course check encounter .. should be the crack skulls map, its really the ultimate .. "encounter" :D:cool:

E

Excess1on

well

the flags arent that far away from the spawn points tbh, they are to the side of the pond, over the ridge

O

old.bevy

hmmm

i suppose it depends on the 2 x 10 mins rule, if its used or not... if we are then we can pick any map for ctf..

if not then you would be best sticking to the following maps for ctf
1..riyadh
2..afterhours
3..subway
4. campus
5..rommel
6..paradise
7..and (wait for it ..) sands.

.. first.. my number 7 choice sands .

people dont like sands because of the size ,but ive had some great games of ctf on it and like the other 6 maps ive picked ive foud it a fair ctf map for both sides

as for TS maps.. aint fussy as long as up-towns in there:D

now get thee 2 a pub.....

O

old.]MoB[GANG$TAR

hmm

I would like to c 2 diffrent leagues as ts and ctf

E

Excess1on

mmm

this a thread for ideas about the maps, but never mind.

Gangstar, personally, i would rather have CTF only, but it aint ever going to happen :/

The chances of Barrysworld ever having enough servers/nights free for us to run two leagues, one for TS, one for CTF, are slim, plus, tbh, i think the league is BETTER having different gamemodes, as it promotes more teamplay

think about it, if it was just TS, a lot of games would end up being camp-a-thon's.

O

old.Steuk

TS
Abbey - Casa - Docks - Uptown - Cambridge - Streets - Village (Bungalow, Swim?)

CTF
Riyadh - Rommel - Druglords - Proving Grounds - Austria - Laneway2 - Sliema (Twinlakes?)

O

old.ASG-Mighty

Re: ctf

Originally posted by old.]IQS[proba
just remove ctf it s so shitty imo

2 maps TS or one map TS and one map tdm

Have a word with yourself Proba m8

Users who are viewing this thread