Sea Battles in frontiers?

Hercules-DF

Fledgling Freddie
They gonna let us fight while in the boats. and if so any sea to land type seige equipment, would add another dimension to keep takes and have they released a pic of the new alb frontier.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
No Alb fronteir yet. Naval warfare is expected but not confirmed.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
loox like they put up for it tho... and mentioned... not sure :x

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
They've promised boats in the fronteirs (HMS Awesome, you just wait). Combat however is a different matter.

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
need new emote for boat chasing scenes
---> :kissit:

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds pretty lame, but lets wait and see how it is done...
I do like the regular parts of the map's though. Minstrel and scout will do pretty well I hope :)
Regards, Glottis

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
If i remember correct you cant cast anything or enter combat mode on the boats in Toa so dont expect it to happen

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
I expect fronteirs will be different though, otherwise it's just going to be awkward if you meet an enemy ship and can't actually do anything.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
will the ships have onboard weapons? cannons and such?

cos thatll mean tanks will be useless other than xbow/shortbow and guard :/

Czaedes

Fledgling Freddie
If you mez the entire crew on a ship will it just keep going straight ahead? Would be awefully annoying tbh :-/

Czaedes

Fledgling Freddie
gunner440 said:
will the ships have onboard weapons? cannons and such?

cos thatll mean tanks will be useless other than xbow/shortbow and guard :/

Hopefully though combat won't be centered around boat warfare. If the ranged attackers are a lot stronger in that particular area I don't see it as a major problem really. However if boat warfare does become a large part of RvR I would expect some new weapons or equipment only usable by tanks... Perhaps ;)

Snakester

Fledgling Freddie
Imagine the scene:-

The Enraged Seagull Pooh's on you doing 154 (-12) damage.

Hercules-DF

Fledgling Freddie
Czaedes said:
If you mez the entire crew on a ship will it just keep going straight ahead? Would be awefully annoying tbh :-/

hehe
that could create some amusing ghost ships heading off into the middle of arsewhere :D

kirennia

Part of the furniture
The only way they could NOT have boat battles would be to disable the boats in the RvR zone. Otherwise anyone in a boat would be invulnerable and able to just leggit from anyone whos close, or even just stand there and laugh at the surrounding 50 enemy boats which would be plain stupid.

Implementing boat fighting in RvR would be great :D Put a number of cannons on the sides imo to give the tanks something to do whilst the casters blast em to kingdom come on deck :D Of course now I'm just dreaming though, looking at the existing boats, there isn't an upper and lower deck for cannons etc.

Okay, I'll stop rambling now but how much fun would it be if you could do that :D

Jpeg QuickStix

Fledgling Freddie
u cant enter combat at all on a boat/shark so you just sit there like a mofo till u either jump out of boat/shark or arive at yur destination.

p.s looks cool when yur riding a hammerhead shark :)

Czaedes

Fledgling Freddie
Jpeg QuickStix said:
u cant enter combat at all on a boat/shark so you just sit there like a mofo till u either jump out of boat/shark or arive at yur destination.

Can boats be attacked from shore?

Czaedes

Fledgling Freddie
^^ Or rather, can one attack the people on a boat from shore ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom