Scroll drop rates

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
1,303
I apologise if this has been covered elsewhere but a cursory scan didnt reveal a thread.

I've been back on DAOC for some 3 weeks now, I left DAOC for EQ2 back in October/November shortly after NF came out.

I don't recall drops being this hard to find back then. I have been on DV farming sessions and frankly we got naff all, this was a 2 Ice wiz combo and some pretty major pulls and ended up with a few okish scrolls but not the number of SOM or MAD scrolls that we used to get.

Has there been an adjustment somewhere that I am unaware of ? or did I simply spend too much time online before and had more chance of getting these scrolls.

Seems that the drop rate is WAY down on what it used to be, could it be affected by the lower number of people activly farming?

I'm curious, I'll still farm to get what I need, the merchant prices seem to be suffering from massive inflation these days but hey ho it happens.
 

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 30, 2004
Messages
1,078
drop rate is the same for me but i dont farm in DV often
 

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
1,303
Ocalinn said:
drop rate is the same for me but i dont farm in DV often
It wasnt just DV it was all over really, I suspect that 6 months away has perhaps sharpened my senses towards DAOC and it'll take a little bit longer for the reality to kick in :)

tks for the replies.
 

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
723
SoM and malice not that hard. usually farm them with mincer in volc, and usually get 1-2 in 4-5 hours solo.

Now try getting Nailah 3/3 that one is a pain, havent even seen one yet. not even on CM's :(
 

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Feb 3, 2004
Messages
5,283
There was no official announcement but I am 90% sure the drop rate was nerfed in DV at least. Drops were almost every pull at the start, I remember one night with Kerith, Aphixia and Foot we farmed a stupid amount of full books of shades/scalars/battler etc...these days it's far less.
 

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
909
next patch apparently drops of rare scrolls will be alot higher if u read patchnotes
 

Vandrakken

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 20, 2005
Messages
581
On the topic of scrolls..

I went looking for tartaro 3/3 last night and on VoS it mentions cons Craftsmen, Scribe, Pit Boss etc..

Did a pretty wide search of Typhon and could only find Craftsmen in small numbers. Was just wondering if the list is out of date as I never seen a Scribe or Pit Boss.

Perhaps some one could point me in the direction of where I might find some if they're still around.

TIA =)
 

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Feb 3, 2004
Messages
5,283
Craftsman are amongst mobs Malice encounter for one, loads of dif taurs, but you have to roam to kill.
 

Tootz

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 8, 2004
Messages
246
DV does indeed seem to drop a lot less than I remember since Catacombs, and as Tay said, after a couple of pretty big sessions with two Ice Wizzies, we only came away with a half dozen scrolls, almost all of which were Ring of Fire, or Snatchers - we got no Malice, Mad Tales, or Shades in about 4hrs of combined farming.
 

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Feb 3, 2004
Messages
5,283
Tootz said:
DV does indeed seem to drop a lot less than I remember since Catacombs, and as Tay said, after a couple of pretty big sessions with two Ice Wizzies, we only came away with a half dozen scrolls, almost all of which were Ring of Fire, or Snatchers - we got no Malice, Mad Tales, or Shades in about 4hrs of combined farming.
Don't know about after Catacombs release, but I think it was nerfed in one of the TOA patches secretly. However, having said that, did get 3x mad3, 3x shades3, 4 x mad2 in 2 hours in a group of 3 a while back.
 

trycorn

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
May 19, 2004
Messages
1,424
taur scribe's r @ bruicer encounter, but as eggy said go malice island, there r load's of craftman's + u can pull altheus (mad2), puphoros/telete's(mad3)
 

Enties

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Sep 22, 2004
Messages
35
Vandrakken said:
On the topic of scrolls..

I went looking for tartaro 3/3 last night and on VoS it mentions cons Craftsmen, Scribe, Pit Boss etc..

Did a pretty wide search of Typhon and could only find Craftsmen in small numbers. Was just wondering if the list is out of date as I never seen a Scribe or Pit Boss.

Perhaps some one could point me in the direction of where I might find some if they're still around.

TIA =)
Just over the first bridge to the North at the Camp. Both TG 2 of 3 and 3 of 3 dropped within the hour. 3 of 3 from a Craftsman close to the building(s). I'm a little lucky :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom