Screenshots !

L_Plates

Fledgling Freddie
Hello all,

Well i was in irc and CDR showed me a screenshot of lockon. Im not the biggest fan of fighter jets but that shot got me interested.

So all im askin for is a few more teasers (pics) to make me get off my fat ass and buy it :)

L_Plates

Fledgling Freddie
Looks good for a laugth on multiplayer :)

Show us some shots of the cockpit because i know that will make me want it :)

Cheers CDR :)

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
heh, okay, I'll add some 2morrow, gonna hit the sack in a mo :)

raw

One of Freddy's beloved
Those screenshots look cool, you got a url handy to the website? wouldnt mind getting it :)

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
Okay dokey, as requested, here as some more shots. Forgive the quality, had to reduce the image size etc to make em smaller.

(before I stick em up, www.lo-mac.com for the website raw)

Here we go.

All these shots are taken from the A10 Quick Mission;

a10_1.jpg

A nice pic of the A10 instrument panel

a10_2.jpg

Target sighted, locked with a mavrick...

a10_3.jpg

Fox 2! Missile away, landed slightly beyond the target :(

a10_4.jpg

Move on to a 2 truck convoy, hit it with cluster bombs. Boom.

a10_5.jpg

A enemy helicopter got a little too close for my liking - he went down with a sidewinder up his tailpipe.

a10_6.jpg

Evasive action captain!

a10_7.jpg

Mav away!

a10_8.jpg

Left cockpit view.

a10_9.jpg

Right cockpit view.

a10_10.jpg

Like my legs? I forgot to put on my g-suit :(

a10_11.jpg

Lining up a T-80 for a cluster bomb...

a10_12.jpg

'ave somma that!

a10_13.jpg

Contacting tower for landing.

a10_14.jpg

Above the glide path? pfft, I dont do 'normal' landings...

raw

One of Freddy's beloved
Insane said:
bast :( im now going to have to buy this game now :eek:
Yeah im thinking of doing the same :D

Looks like quality fun!

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
Get a joystick if you haven't already.

I have to struggle playing it with a mouse and keyboard, and it's not too good :(

raw

One of Freddy's beloved
I have a USB Joypad which i use for some roms i play occasional, that be any good? dont think i can be arsed with a joystick :(

L_Plates

Fledgling Freddie
well im hooked. Looks like ill be getting it to :)

Thanks for the screens CDR :)

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
Well, give me a buzz when ya do (on IRC), and we'll have a crack at some MP.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I just downloaded the demo, but there doesnt seem to be a way of enabling the joystick, unless I have a wingman, which I dont :/
Is this right, or have I missed something ?

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
umm I think you've missed something...

Joystick should be enabled by default I think (I didnt have to go in and change anything to get mine working).

weevil

Fledgling Freddie
wow at those screenshots, does it play like a flightsim or a dogfight game tho?

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
Flight sim, although it does have some 'odd' flight characteristics. I'd say its not as complicated as something like MS Flight Sim, but certainly aint as arcady as Battlfield 1942.

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
weevil said:
wow at those screenshots, does it play like a flightsim or a dogfight game tho?

Put it this way. I can just about take off and fly around a bit. I can't hit any targets or land again.

I can do everything in battlefield 1942.....oh hang on :(

Athan

Resident Freddy
Ok, you lot tempted me, downloading the demo now, and pondering simply heading into town to see if the local GAME has a copy of it.

-Ath

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
Pff i wandered over to this forum cause i saw athans name on the most recent thread and wanted to say hi (hiya athan) and now youve tempted me to buy a game dammit!

L_Plates

Fledgling Freddie
hehe, i will be getting myself a copy soon :)

When im not 100 % sure but i will get one just for the MP side of it.

Athan

Resident Freddy
:p at Random.

Right, tried the demo. Figured out the A-10 stuff enough to blow up some of the targets, although without a manual I dunno what I'm supposed to line up with what for the non-cannon weapons. Managed to land it as well, then failed to find anyway to refuel/rearm, ah well.

Mig-29 part of it... um.... Am I the only person that it seems like if I do anything but the most gentle of turns (that are never going to avoid missiles or actually manage to get on the tail of the enemy planes) the AoA warning comes up and control totally craps out. There are times when the controls seems to completely stop responding as well.

So, is that a known problem with the demo ? Also did they ever clear up the "FPS take a nose dive when close to the ground" thing ? I did search through the official forums some, but it's been so long since the demo was released (end of Sept 2003), and there's so many mentions of 'demo' in other contexts that it was hard to find anything. The most I found on the AoA/Mig-29 issue was one vague reference asking if the problem had been acknowledged.

Either way methinks I'd need a new joystick (this is just a £5 piece of crap I got to test out joystick handling in BF1942). The throttle on this is crap, if only because the bit you slide is too small to reliably do small adjustments. No rudder on it either. Biggest problem, and this goes for BF1942 too, is it seems way too sensitive near the middle, making fine maneuvers next to impossible (end up havingp to use the rudder in the A-10 to line up shots).

Damn it, I was *good* at flight sims back in the 8 bit and 16 bit days!

-Ath

Athan

Resident Freddy
Or maybe I was just being crap. Doesn't help that there's a lot of low cloud, and you're over the sea on that map, so very little visual feel for turn rate. Pay more attention to the instruments and things start to come together, although the AoA stuff still feels weird. Half of it is my crap 'stick I think, and the demo doesn't seem to have the nice options for changing the response curves.

Managed to down the Mirage once 'by accident' (just suddenly was pointing at it), and after a few more tries got it nearly right off. Key seems to be to VERY quickly get a lock on it in the first few seconds and fire a missile or two. This stops the bugger from just circling behind you, and gives you the chance to line up a proper shot to actually kill it.

-Ath, off to www.play.com to order now

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
If you turn to quickly and at high speeds then you start to black our from the G force (Duh).

And i think this is represented by not only blacking out but also by shit control. And of course flying low to the ground gives shit FPS, it has to render all the details on the ground in greater detail then Cloud :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom