Film Screening Room - $50 opening night at home

Is $50 acceptable to watch a movie at home on opening night?

• Yes, cinema goers are scum and I don't like leaving the house

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • No, I could buy expensive beer and cheap hookers for that kind of money

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • I prefer shakycam and coughing thanks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
So, Sean Parker wants to offer first run movies on opening night for $50 (or local equivalent), and lots of directors think its a good idea. Thoughts? Too rich for your blood, or not a bad idea if you've got a families/babysitters/friends you'd allow in your house?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
You'd miss out on the big screen experience (if the film warranted it). If you have a tasty home cinema system then it might be a goer though.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Fifty dollars my arse.

And yep, big screen thing. But fifty dollars. For a film.

It's just the fucking movies. There are better artforms if I'm shelling out that sort of cash.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Fifty dollars my arse.

It's just the fucking movies. There are better artforms if I'm shelling out that sort of cash.

If you have a few friends over and split the cost it quickly becomes cost efficient.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah if you have aforementioned tasty home cinema and already do movie nights of some description the price isn't an issue with like 4+ people.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Fifty dollars my arse.

Two of us, babysitter cost, tub of popcorn, petrol; spent that kind of money anyway.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
$50 for a film is fuck all really.

If you have a sick TV and a sick sound system and then you tell your mates you're going to watch Deadpool, I'm sure they'd pay you in beer.

Especially since cinema tickets are like £10 anyway.

(I wonder if it'll be £25/30 or £50.)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not being utterly socially hobbled by children and TV not being a big deal in my house I'd rather spend £5 return on the very convenient tram to town, spend £35 on beer, a tenner on the flicks and see all my mates there...

Edit: Yeah, dollars for pounds. Could still do the same for just a bit less beer :)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
For some films, perhaps yes - depends on the exchange rate I suppose.....

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I see @Job has not voted yet, we'll know when he does.

I would for some films, but I do like going to the cinema, but the cunt who eats 5 packs of crisps behind me through the film can go fuck himself

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I dislike cinemas. Having to sit with the plebs in a room for two hours. Much prefer to wait for a movie to be available. Not seen star wars yet for this reason.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
I probably wouldn't pay for that service but more options is better. As others have said, get 4 people, beer, BBQ/dinner and split the cost of the movie and make an event of it.

Or sit at home alone in your underwear and rent Bridesmaids 2...

georgie

FH is my second home
I do like going to the cinema, but the cunt who eats 5 packs of crisps behind me through the film can go fuck himself

Surely you know what he looks like by now, just don't sit in front of him. Durrr.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
In my house I don't have to listen to stupid cunts whispering during the film, but $50 is far too expensive. Fuck that.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Not actually that bad of a deal. A few of you chip in and it's cheaper than the horrific cinema.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
In my house I don't have to listen to stupid cunts whispering during the film, but $50 is far too expensive. Fuck that.
50dollars is like 35 quid. Not much more than 15 quid for a conema ticket fiver for the pop corn. Your paying like a tenner to not be harased

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
If you have a few friends over and split the cost it quickly becomes cost efficient.
This really, except it's a bit of a pain arranging a night to cover the cost.
Main concerns would be...can I control the format, will I be able to pause it and will it have embedded 30 mins of shite adverts.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
This really, except it's a bit of a pain arranging a night to cover the cost.
Main concerns would be...can I control the format, will I be able to pause it and will it have embedded 30 mins of shite adverts.

'.......could I get my mates to walk past the screen when they needed a piss, and perhaps ask 2 of them to every now and then to pick up the tv and give a bit of a shake, you know, to give it real cam effect'

Fixed that for you....

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
And kick the back of my seat, look at their phones on full brightness through the whole film and laugh manically at tedious joke moments.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
50dollars is like 35 quid. Not much more than 15 quid for a conema ticket fiver for the pop corn. Your paying like a tenner to not be harased

£9 for a ticket near me and I don't count the vastly overpriced food as part of that deal. The pick and mix costs around £6 for a decent amount of chocolate that I could buy for a couple of quid in a local shop.

Thing is, when I was 20 or so, tickets were £3.50 at the local multiplex. Same huge screen, surround sound, same choices of food. You'd think with progress those prices wouldn't have risen by more than inflation but what should be about £7 (less considering digital delivery and hugely reduced staffing costs) isn't.

So bollocks to them. And I laugh my arse off at the empty dusty cinema piracy advert, because despite all this piracy, they're still making billions of dollars. Oh wait, no actually, they're not making any profit at all. For instance, the Lord of the Rings trilogy made absolutely no profit at all.

Hollywood accounting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So yeah, fuck 'em.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So yeah, fuck 'em.
I paid to see Deadpool for a second time because my mate here in LA was blown out by a bird earlier when they were gonna watch it.

As far as I'm concerned that's all my subs for that crooked industry for the year. Anything else they get is a bonus...

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
£9 for a ticket near me and I don't count the vastly overpriced food as part of that deal. The pick and mix costs around £6 for a decent amount of chocolate that I could buy for a couple of quid in a local shop.

Thing is, when I was 20 or so, tickets were £3.50 at the local multiplex. Same huge screen, surround sound, same choices of food. You'd think with progress those prices wouldn't have risen by more than inflation but what should be about £7 (less considering digital delivery and hugely reduced staffing costs) isn't.

So bollocks to them. And I laugh my arse off at the empty dusty cinema piracy advert, because despite all this piracy, they're still making billions of dollars. Oh wait, no actually, they're not making any profit at all. For instance, the Lord of the Rings trilogy made absolutely no profit at all.

Hollywood accounting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So yeah, fuck 'em.

That's a fucking joke, how can there be practices that allow companies to pull that shit? Harry potter movie made a loss you've having a fucking laugh mate.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I paid to see Deadpool for a second time because my mate here in LA was blown out by a bird earlier when they were gonna watch it.

As far as I'm concerned that's all my subs for that crooked industry for the year. Anything else they get is a bonus...

I read that wrong the first time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom