Scouts

G

Glottis_Xanadu

I allmost typed Y-E-S when deleting my lvl 50 scout.
Moving to Gorge. See a solo Enchanter, no pet. Line up a crit shot (cause he runs it moves to normal shot) and miss. I line up 2nd normal shot, miss, run up, slam, line up crit, miss, line up normal shot, miss, he comes out of stun, and starts nuking me. I hit him, he uses MoC and kills me....
4 missed shots in a row, with a buffed scout, with 1700 weaponskill... Mythic can go blow goats. Stop gimping scouts ffs.
Regards, Glottis

S

seren

Mythic have to gimp a class. Its how they work

The way I see it..Us scouts are taking one for the team, if it weren't for us all the rest of the classes would suck.

So the rest of Alb owes us big time!

J

Jergiot

Originally posted by seren
Scouts Rock!

We get cool bows, shoot big arrows, wear crappy studded armour, never get into groups, piss off other people by shooting stuff as they pull it, get screwed over in every patch.

What else could you ask for?

I love it!

amen brother =P

H

hint

Originally posted by loxleyhood
Hard it is to be a scout, and all those that remain are those who hope that Mythic will save us. Still hoping..........

Yup the Nerfs were anouced when my scout was only just starting to explore the Plains of Salisbury. I read the angry coments of the americans as they began to feal the pain. i watched as many people in my guild at the time (all scout guild) deleted their scouts. i seriously contemplated it then but i had just decided to try a friar seeing as they were so rare. (Friars rare? once upon a time yes.) i spent so much time leveling my friar i was able to put the pain of my scout behind me. every so often when i was haveing a hard time leveling Finley i would return to my scout as a nice change. all it would do was prove to me that things wern't all that tough with Finley.

Yet still i hope that one day Scouts will become good again.

G

gunner440

Originally posted by hint
But the number of times i have had to cancle an attack because i unstealthed when i drew my bow (Assasins get to stay stealthed sometimes when they crit. we get to be unstealthed for 5-7 seconds before we crit") is unexceptable.

this is normal, and as seeing your scout is more of a bg toon, it wont have as much stealth as a lvl 50 (in most cases). afaik unstealthing while shooting chance is dependent on stealth skill

another thing i have noticed is that from stealth: drawing normal and crit shots vary in the unstealthing as crits tend to unstealth you more.

about the misses:

check bow perhaps? cos playing the scout of course i get the occasional miss but the only real threat is pbt.

G

gunner440

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
I allmost typed Y-E-S when deleting my lvl 50 scout.
Moving to Gorge. See a solo Enchanter, no pet. Line up a crit shot (cause he runs it moves to normal shot) and miss. I line up 2nd normal shot, miss, run up, slam, line up crit, miss, line up normal shot, miss, he comes out of stun, and starts nuking me. I hit him, he uses MoC and kills me....
4 missed shots in a row, with a buffed scout, with 1700 weaponskill... Mythic can go blow goats. Stop gimping scouts ffs.
Regards, Glottis

when taking on a mage class you have to assume he will have his shields up hence the first shot is 99.9% absorbed.

tried doing a normal shot , wait as mage approaches you, stealth and attempt crit? works v.well.

also due to the slam/crit nerf a few patches back, it still is possible to pull it off but much harder i think. You just have to wait longer as before you could normally slam, crit followed by 2 shots but after nerf maybe only 1 more after crit if you're lucky.

T

Tranquil-

NERF scouts, seriously. I mean it. FFS, YES.

<violates a torcan>

O

old.Odysseus

Originally posted by gunZ-
another thing i have noticed is that from stealth: drawing normal and crit shots vary in the unstealthing as crits tend to unstealth you more.
This is correct, critshots have a hardcoded 20% extra chance of unstealthing you.

H

hint

Originally posted by gunZ-
this is normal, and as seeing your scout is more of a bg toon, it wont have as much stealth as a lvl 50 (in most cases). afaik unstealthing while shooting chance is dependent on stealth skill

about the misses:

check bow perhaps? cos playing the scout of course i get the occasional miss but the only real threat is pbt.

hmm Perhaps but seeing as i have speced stealth to 21 and have an efective stealth of 25 it shouldn't be a problem.*

i wasn't aware crit unstealthed you more often then a normal shot and i can't belive it. Do Mythic want us to only use normal shots? ffs why not just have us unstealth and wave a flag while shouting "Stealther over here please kill me!" to the enemy?

i'm normally the last to complain about being Nerfeed or some other class neading it but what the hell were mythic thinking?

*I have just checked the scout TL Report. acording to that your chance of beeing unstealthed is related to your spec and level. i should never unstealth while drawing a normal shot and only unstealth 20% of the time while drawing a crit shot. im not sure if i am experianceing this or not. (i do feal that a 1 in 5 chance of being unstealthed drawing a crit shot shouldn't result in unstealthing 5 times in a row like it has done on a number of occasions tho)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom