scouts with sucky stealth

O

ormorof

just a question but why do so many scouts have crap stealth?

i only have 17+5 stealth as SB and i see scouts at clipping range almost when they are at mpk or mb

oddly enough i never see these scouts without some visibles near, well keep up the good work albs, i want more with low stealth please :D

Weelil Twoll gimpiest of the gimp

A

Aoln

They have to spec longbow full and also put some into melee/shield ;x

O

ormorof

pfft, hunters manage ok with 24 bow 19 stealth :p

A

Aoln

That must be why they die so fast in melee :p

T

Thorgald

lol.. and ur thinking that even with some points in melee hunters will do better?????? if a hunter or any archer class that specc bow comes to a melee situation in thid its pretty much roll over and die....

O

old.tuppe

personally have seen alott, if not even most, scouts who have really good st.
i guess they max st and bow, putting rest to shield and lousy melee? because they are sure win if/when find them whit my sb.

sadly many times i see hunters whit low st :)
when was thidraki whit my own had only 10 +5 :)
and if remember correct? win only 1 melee fight against inf.
low 2h spear against st who evade copple time -> you gona suffer and bad.

O

old.TeaSpoon

Mainly low steath in BG because its not needed if they're going to level beyond it, or because they feel unsafe with max bow, stealth and 1 in thrust or slash ;)

B

balthus

My hunter was known as the "Lighthouse" by my fellow sbs cause of the fact he glowed when stealthed as it was so low,but this worked in my favour as i specced very high in bow/spear and kicked the arse of any scouts stupid enuff to hit me even if they got the 1st hit in i usually still won.This was b4 alb stealthers became fotm tho ;)

H

Huntingtons

i spec 17+5 stealth, 24 bow, 15 thrust and 5? shield, with my bg scout... it works... i even almost soloed a sb melee \o/ the fecker ran off :(

O

ormorof

but, i mean, erm, i could see them from MILES away :p

as in im at top of mpk hill and i could see 5 or 6 near the tree there

and there was more on sniper hill :eek:

not so many today though, not while i was there anyway, just a few scouts and a few infs

and some casters with low hp :D

O

old.tuppe

have seen self cliprange stealthers, when you go closer vanish again.
its somekind bug.
dunno if same thing?

O

ormorof

i had that when i was on old pc, thinki its some lag bug, not like you can do much at clipping range anyway, now with my new monster it doesnt happen much, unless there's like 300 people in the zone :p

L

leviathane

melee shield?? naah spec full bow full stealth :m00: not like ur gonna melee some1 to death as a scout in bg.

S

speshneeds

Originally posted by ormorof
but, i mean, erm, i could see them from MILES away :p

as in im at top of mpk hill and i could see 5 or 6 near the tree there

and there was more on sniper hill :eek:

not so many today though, not while i was there anyway, just a few scouts and a few infs

and some casters with low hp :D

your so l33t!

C

Cinwin

Originally posted by ormorof
but, i mean, erm, i could see them from MILES away

I believe the formula for working out how close you have to be before you have a chance to spot someone is (iirc):

[(Your level - Their stealth) * (20 or 50) ] + 125 units

If you have the ability "Detect Hidden" (read SB, NS, Inf) then the number to use is 20, if you dont (read any archer class, plus mincers) the number to use is 50.

125 units is about 1 horse length.

Eg:

If you are level 24 SB, attempting to spot an Archer with modified stealth of 15 (someone put they had 10 natural + 5), then you're talking about 4-5 horse lengths away. (That is miles away to me ..)

Redo the maths but this time compare a 24SB vs Infil with 24stealth. Result - about 1 horse length.

Its your passive ability (Detect Hidden) that makes the difference.

Also, your own stealth has nothing to do with your ability to spot people.

S

SoulFly Amarok

It's fun to see low stealth sb's from a mile off, I.e 17+5

xDD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom