Scout vs Hunter

C

cha0tic

Just tell me what u think is better, more range (scout) or pet,self-buffs and speed (hunter)

Persolly i prefer more range , but pet and speed can be really useful, what do u think about it?

N

nalistah

Hunters have lol-crap defense imo :p

Shieldspec on stealther is nice.

R

Rhuric

Scouts got slam, rangers got evade 3, hunters got the worst defence, it aint like the pet takes some of the damage from you, but the pet is nice indeed

L

lathonial

imo .. scout beats hunter beats inf beats SB beats scout (if in similar rr range)

hunter can't hit a scout(save tht slam till 20% forthewin, try engage too, laffable), hunters hit infs for 500+ per hit, DF owns SB, SB str deboof = scout = pants (evade evade evade evade dead, WHAAT RR1 , AARGH FFS !!!! bollox, 10 mins to port, putting the kettle on)

a fairly descently played scout can take anything non duel wield.
shield V duel wield = suxor.
bow dmg = dunno. dont think a hunter has hit me for me than i hit them, tho i think rangers hurt a bit more
Range = pfft, never thought about it.

scouts rok. jus give us str/con debuff = a bit more chance V sb = happiness

V

.Venge

both classes got their goods and bads.
Hunters got pet and speed, btw dot (lifebane) stops the speed anyway, and pet misses alot, but when it hits, hunters are just like infils in a way, 2 blades.

but pets can be used for much more, for baiting, stalking infils (set pet to attack an infil when he is unstealthed, pet will follow even if he unstealths).

Scouts got slam, which gives them time to do a crit shot or several regular shots. they block alot specially if they got MOB (mastery of blocking), the range is nice and so is the dmg.

Hunters defence is poor, v poor.

imo Scouts are better by far, simply because of slam and their defence.

L

loxleyhood

A scout can have huge difficulties when trying to kill a Hunter because when in melee what usually saves our ass is the slam + crit shot combo, impossible with a pet hitting you. If you manage to get the pet behind you you will block most the hunter's spear attacks but with thrust weak armour it will be a close call thing.

A

Aussie-

that fukken pet hits for 100 with my perma AP2 !!!!

K

kathal_tdd

1. Pop insta pet
2. Stealth
3. See what your opponent does
4. Kill

Some hunters don’t spec 32 BS and don’t get the pet :rolleyes:
Is that gimped or just one that wants to hit harder with bow and spear???

Hunters can kill anything if he plays right. The hardest to kill(as a solo hunter) imo is mincers.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by kathal_tdd
Hunters can kill anything if he plays right. The hardest to kill(as a solo hunter) imo is mincers.

The only thing I have found out with my minstrel is that when I mezz a hunter it uses its instant sb pop instead of instant pet :(

I feel a hunter has the best chance. Even if a scout gets the drop all you have to do is run in the opposite dir while setting your blue con pet onto the scout. Then wait and see what the scout does with the pet.
Or you use TS, send in pet and shoot, and then even use speedbuff to hunt down the fleeing scout.
The range difference is not major. The damage difference is significant but mostly cause scouts have much higher bow spec.
Hunters do about 300+ damage to me when their spear hits. Yes I can block it using shield, but the pet still chews at my back or cuts my blocking rate by 50%.
And a hunter versus an inf is a royal bitch as they hit the inf pretty hard indeed, along with purge and IP. I know Powerslave could give plenty of trouble to my inf (not only because of the SB add he has with him).
Regards, Glottis

M

marczje

usually when i meet a scout i dont mind meleeing him .. thrust > studded even if he gets slam in he rarely slams my pet too.. so 90% of the time i meet scouts they cant crit me, usually scouts no probs to me

C

cha0tic

Thnx for the info but im not talking about a fight scout vs hunter, im talking about what u think is better as archer in rvr, coz if u have more range , then u have more chance to survive coz u have more distance betwen you and your enemy. But the pet of the hunter and the speed can be really useful, dunno whats the best archer to hunt in rvr.

P

Puppetmistress

I think the pet has some nifty features. Can walk backwards to get the pet in the ass of the enemy.

And if the pet is in frontal arc of a scout and so is the hunter. Doesnt this count as 2 attackers so blocking (with small shield) is halved?

Anyhow dont play a stealther but hunter looks cool on paper. That pet is very nice (no point getting away from a hunter I suppose)

S

stalker_ag

A bit of defence would not hurt, the thing is evade II kinda small as the only defensive ability we have.
Also good delay bow like on hib/alb realm would be nice, that the main reason for lesser dmg per hit.
Range difference slightly noticed, You can drop it.
So i should metion the only two problems for hunter atm - this is very poor defence ability plus not big delay on bows.
Still, we are alive.

S

Spamb0t

Originally posted by Rhuric
Scouts got slam, rangers got evade 3, hunters got the worst defence, it aint like the pet takes some of the damage from you, but the pet is nice indeed

rangers got evade 3
hunters got evade 2 + interupting insta pet (works for both off and def imo)

pretty shit def both of the 2 ;o

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by Spamb0t
rangers got evade 3
hunters got evade 2 + interupting insta pet (works for both off and def imo)

pretty shit def both of the 2 ;o

Yes, you really need defense when your damage output is near that of a NS :)
Regards, Glottis

R

Rg.Roller

My Hunteress is getting near 50 atm, going for the non fotm :>

can ya guess what it is yet? as rolf used to say

I look forward to the testing :clap:

O

old.anubis

Originally posted by cha0tic
Just tell me what u think is better, more range (scout) or pet,self-buffs and speed (hunter)

Persolly i prefer more range , but pet and speed can be really useful, what do u think about it?

infiltrator is better
make albs a favor, roll one more plz

J

jarl

Scouts owns hunters eazy.

Scout shoots hunter who insta pet after 2 hits (reactiontime+lagtime) hunter dies befor the pet reach scout to interupt if u use a good distance not to far so the shunter run oor but still far enough for the pet to be late.

If the pet reach scout just run up and melee, the hunter wont get any arrow hits on the scout cus block block block evade etc etc ....

if the hunter tries to kit, just kill the pet Slam and uhh like 3-4 hits :p gimp pets usefull tho.

once in melee scout > hunters a billion times. even more if both are OOE

blocked evaded when u have liek 5s + dly weapon is fun!

A

adari

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
Yes, you really need defense when your damage output is near that of a NS :)
Regards, Glottis

lol, in your dreams

K

kameh

Originally posted by skile
Hunters are freefrags.

aye Mythic needs to help them out, they're really shit and need far better defense. I mean a scout is saying this so it must be true :D

D

deerstalker

Originally posted by Puppetmistress

And if the pet is in frontal arc of a scout and so is the hunter. Doesnt this count as 2 attackers so blocking (with small shield) is halved?

With a small shield you can block 10+ opponents without any reduction in effectivness. The small shield is the ammount of hits per mob you can block.

this is why scouts do so badly vs sb's / rangers / other dual wield classes.

We only get to block 1 out of the 2 weapons. then we get a 50% reduction to block and evade on that sole weapon.

example

SB ... right axe (1) left axe (2)

round 1
right axe misses
left axe - blocked(50% reduced blockrate)

round 2
right axe hits but is failed block code -- ( evade already failed )
left axe -- no chance to block / no chance to evade

round 3
right axe hits but is evaded ( at 50% reduced evade rate )
left axe hits --- no chance to block / evade because first weapon evaded

in pve I can hold 2 yellow cons on one shield and still come out with 90% health. because I get the chance to evade / block the single hit from each mob.

this + the scouts naturally high dex ( dex = bow damage ) makes the scout the best /guard in the game (pve)

vs duel wielders.. we suck big time.
Of course scouts' usual enemies are

Rangers ( 2 wield )
Shadowblades ( 2 wield )
Nightshades ( 2 wield )
Hunters ( Spear + pet = same chance as long as the pet s infront of you)
Savage assist groups ( 2 wield. 3 wield(?) .. and 4 wield ) *

*for that /surender moment

DS

C

cha0tic

Re: Re: Scout vs Hunter

Originally posted by old.anubis
infiltrator is better
make albs a favor, roll one more plz

Thats imposible, im from mid :)

T

Tootz

In my view Scouts increased range is of little use in 1v1 situations as more often than not the other person will just run away rather than towards you until they're out of range. This means you have to start attacking people when they're closer to you which in itself, means the Scouts increased range is pointless.

As for Scout vs. Hunter... I've always had my arse handed to me because I have very low melee damage, and with the pet chomping at the Scouts bits you can't use the tried and trusted method of Slam then Crit Shot becaues you just keep getting interupted - asuming you even manage to land slam because these days it seems as if I hardly ever do. Also, being hit for 200-300 with that feckin spear and 50-100 by the pet doesn't help matters :p

this + the scouts naturally high dex ( dex = bow damage ) makes the scout the best /guard in the game (pve)

Absolutely true Deerstalker which makes it all the more annoying that Scouts have never had an easy time getting groups to level :/

P

Phuze

in a real world 1on1 situation (between hunter and scout that are both stealthed), bow range doesnt make any difference.

if the scout is spec'ed low in melee like many are a 1v1 will almost certainly go the hunter's way... (bear in mind im talking about my hunter and other hunters that are spec'ed 44 spear).

now in general rvr i dunno... i like playing hunter its quite fun. just dont have wet dreams about taking assassins on all the time etc and you should be fine. scouts must also be pretty fun in rvr i imagine even tho i havn't played one.. shield must be nice.

J

jox

mincers > infils > ns > rangers > scouts > hunters > shit > sbs

K

kin

Lets say a highly buffed high rr scout gets 50 % block against non
dw. Now the hunter pet will cut that block in 1/2 which means
he will have around 2400 effective hp.

Lets say a high rr hunter will have 1800 hp and ap3 which
equals around the same 2400 hp.

So its mostly spear+pet vs 1 handed slasher in terms of raw damage. The scout does have a significant disadvantage in melee
at even spec, at high rr. Hunters on top of this have 'immunity' to scouts stun and crit due to pet.

Hunter, ranger, ns and sb all have the option to negate 1/2 the defense of the shield, and 3 of these classes has access to ap, which at high rr means a lot. Those 3 classes also will most common spec in weapon which scout is weak too.

Its not like scouts are so gimped they cannot be played, but they are the weakest archer class 1on1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom