Scout spec help.

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
My scout is finally reaching a level where i has to begin to consider a final spec :)

I Have become keen on 50 shield, but dont know how other skill points should be placed any ideas from anyone.

You can also mention other spec ideas if you got a good one :)

Spesh

Fledgling Freddie
50 sheild
45 lbow
34 stealth
12 thrust

42 sheild
45 Lbow
34 stealth
29 thrust/slash

50 bow is not really worth it imo

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Just trying out

33 stealth
42 shield
42 lb
34 slash

It’s not been to bad so far. If you do go slash remember the str/con debuff has a devastating effect.

Xeth

Fledgling Freddie
40 LB
42 Shield
35 Stealth/Thrust

45 LB isn't really needed unless u use rapid fire all the time. And not that big damage different between 40, 45 and 50 LB.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:
tho 50 ld 1shot casters imo

Longbow is broken imo ... the difference in damage between 50 and 40 is almost nothing and you'll still hit cap on casters everytime ...

Seline

Fledgling Freddie
My Spec at the moment is:

45 Longbow - for RF 2, which I use lots :)
42 Shield - For slam + Gives nice block rate (I have MoB 2 also)
37 Stealth - For 50 Stealth, will drop to 36 when I reach RR4
Rest in Thrust ie. 25 - I usually hit assassins for 150ish styled

Also im buffed by a 36 Enh Cleric with buff RA thingy 2.

The other spec I tested was:

50 Longbow - Wanted to see if damage was higher
42 Shield - Slam etc.
36 Stealth - Very slight difference, but I still noticed the speed change when stealthed :eek:
15 Thrust - Thought melee wasn't important, was wrong :p

Had this spec for about a month, but hardly noticed any difference in longbow damage (as Shan said) apart from my shots never got blade turned. I know people say "You don't need good melee as a Scout, why not just make an infil/merc/arms etc. etc." but I disagree, with my old spec, if I had to switch to bane/shield, it would mean death all the time unless there were other albs nearby, with 25 Thrust I have managed to deal out ok damage back to other stealthers.

Cybwyn

Fledgling Freddie
50 Bow
42 Shield
34 Stealth
20 Thrust

Bow damage cap is 1070 at RR5, would be interesting to know what it'd be with lower LB spec as I'm considering going back to 29 Thrust or maybe even to 29 Slash but I like my bow damage a lot and I also like PA3 a lot.

Codien

Fledgling Freddie
If I get round to paying for a full respec my spec is going to be same as Jacilja. With this spec I suggest you invest some points in dodger very early on.

Reasons.

Picking off solos. Unless they are casters you often will need something to finish them off. I have had too many battles where I had them on 25-50% hp with me on 100% before they were toe-toe and they still easily one. This includes rangers. Slam is ok but it has too many faults.
If you are against a NS/SB they will evade a lot of your slams so you will go OOE often before you land it
If they purge you don't stand a chance. At least with high weapon spec you have a slight chance.
If they IP all is lost for a slam scout. I think that a DF scout would stand a tiny bit of hope.

Pets. Solo once a pet is on you you are in big trouble. You have no choice but to melee. With a slam scout your only hope is to slam the pet and RF the owner before the pet wakes up again. At a large range this migh tbe the best tactic. With a DF scout it could take you slightly longer to get your evade, stun the pet then RF the owner. However, you have a second option of going toe-toe with the owner. Most pet owners cannot melee, pretty much like a slam scout. In a big battle you will often find those who cannot mezz you, or stun then 3-4 DD you, will send there pet on you then forget about you. Occasionally you will find a nice alert realm mate who will help you kill the pet (often grey/green) otherwise you are left with 3 options with a slam scout. Slam/Bow the pet and use up a big chunk of your end, melee the pet and take a considerably long time, join the assist train. With a DF scout your options are similar but you will melee the pet quicker or you will be more effective in the assist train.

RA's you have very few RA's open to you that will improve your bow, but there are lots of RA's that will improve your melee.

At the moment there is an even bigger advantage to becoming a DF scout. There are not that many about so most hib/mid will not expect to see a scout with your skills.

In a big fight the logs show that your variation in hits is fairly small with 50 bow and about 100 with 45 bow. When working in a pair, once in a while a situation pops up where you would be better of slamming your target and giving you + partner 9s of free hits. For example 2v2 once the first target is dead you will find that your partner is low on health, a slam could save them when they don’t have enough time/end to get a DF off. I would consider these to be a fair trade off for all the other points I am mentioning in this post.

BigE

One of Freddy's beloved
42 shield
50 longbow
39 stealth (gonna respec to 35 when RR5) put in thrust
rest in thrust

I do ok .. RR3L9 atm crit for 1044.

Arus Canus

One of Freddy's beloved
hmm 50 bow not worth it????

Chance to penetrate BT doing 100% dmg... i think its worth it.

My scout has the usual spec :

35 Stealth
18 Thrust
50 Longbow
42 Shield :twak:

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Codien said:
In a big fight the logs show that your variation in hits is fairly small with 50 bow and about 100 with 45 bow.

The 100 variation with 45 bow is probably down to shooting chars with pbt running.

Against other stealthers I only get a loss of damage when they pop AP.

Gilth

Fledgling Freddie
Jacilja said:
mines
45 longbow
35 stealth
50 thrust
rest in shield

r u happy with this spec, just wanna ask i am new and want to ask one more thing too.
In bg1 what would u guys offer for lvl 24 scout?

DarwinX

Fledgling Freddie
Scouts need slam for sure ^^ so 42 shield is a minimum afaik, also depends if u have a BB or not, so if ur using all the time u wont need RF 2 or 3 wotever cos ur shootin time on crit should pwn anyway.... <shrugs>

CstasY

Fledgling Freddie
Darwin, as the MODs have said, you were banned for a reason, so wanna fuck off now please?

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
CstasY said:
Darwin, as the MODs have said, you were banned for a reason, so wanna fuck off now please?

Yawn :eek2:

And whats that got to do with scout spec ?

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
my spec as a scout is going to be:

50 bow
42 shield
35 stealth (until i reach a failry high RR)
21 thrust (for the puncture followup with nice dmg)

I autotrained bow until 40, it was hell, but worth it when i see the extra dmg lunge (the puncture followuo) gives me.

Curently, im 47 with 47 lb, 42 shield, 21 thrust, and 25 stealth.

Dont put any points into stealth unless you are going to BGs. it will be a waste of points that can be put into your melee/shield/bow skills.

so far i am happy with this spec, and would not give up slam for anything the thrust line can offor me.

when you se a caster, you simply come up to him in stealth, use a none style attack to remove bt, and slam him. then rf until hes dead.

as for a tank, you critshot, and shoot away until he reaches you, the slam, and rf him.

slam is also a major advantage in PvE groups, as it can both save your healers mana, and save the healer if hes under attack, or any other group member that aint supose to get hit.
it can aslo help you escape, by slaming, and runing like crazy :)

all scout specs has its good sides and its bad sides, there no "perfect" scout spec, you will always end up in situations where you cant win, nomather what your spec is.

ev0_o

Loyal Freddie
42shield, 44slash, 34bow, 34stealth, bow dmg still pretty sweet with 5.5spd bow, fair bit of WS, and +dmg on SB's, bearing in mind this is prydwen, u get jumped 80% of the time and have to melee, also itll stop the QQing about scouts having crap melee, not mythics fault if u dont spec it ;o
edit: before u say it, RF sucks ass big time, so u wont miss it

Jacilja

Fledgling Freddie
the 50 thrust is great in pve and group rvr (if forced to melle) love geting off lots DF vs mobs and the back style is nice..

tryed 42 shield 18 thrust and hated it my melle damage was so crap it wasnt worth buying the weapon to swing...

personaly i play for fun, so enjoy 50 thrust, but if ya want to be leet buy a bot and spec like all other cookies who are to scared to try stuff instead of follow the crowd :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom