Scout respec....

T

tazzke

With the new patch coming up (when btw?) i feel the need to change the spec of my cute little scout a bit.

Atm i got:

43 LB
42 Shield
30 Thrust
36 Stealth

With the piercing arrows i'm gonna go 50 LB of course.

I've heard there are some scouts who went
50 LB - 50 Thrust (Dragonfang) and some went 50 LB - 50 Shield (Brutalize)

Does anyone got one of these 2 extreme specs ? And if yes...are you happy with it :p

After the free single respec i will either go

50 LB
42 Shield
30 Thrust
25 Stealth

or

50 LB
42 Shield
18 Thrust
36 Stealth

Currently i got 46 stealth with items & RR...and when camo not up i'm free bait for every RR1 SB/NS anyway...so i dunno if the new stealthcode will finally pay off having high stealth as non assasin char. If it stays the same i might aswell drop stealth...and take Thrust or Shield higher....

Which one would you take? and why?

edit:
and what RA's ? atm only got FA2 & IP...8 points to spend :p

S

skile

I'd recommend 50 LB, 42 shield, 30 stealth and 25 thrust (if you are a sarcen). Bearthooth and sting combo works pretty good.

S

skile

About RA's. Volley will become very very very good in 1.62, might be worth getting. I already have it, but I'm also 100% a groupscout (I don't solo at all and I don't plan to).

T

tazzke

That spec looks good yes...

but i only got the free single respec availble from 1.62...so i can't go for that unless i get a respec stone also :( (and the chance i ever get one is pretty small i'm afraid)

So atm i have to choose between stealth or thrust

W

wilddork--

Originally posted by skile
About RA's. Volley will become very very very good in 1.62, might be worth getting. I already have it, but I'm also 100% a groupscout (I don't solo at all and I don't plan to).

why take 30 stealth then? what about...

50 LB 42 SHield 39 slash and uhmmm 6 stealth.. with everything +15/16 your stealth wouldnt be THAT low..

or

50 LB 42 Shield 34 slash (stun chain thingy after block) and 20 stealth..

but those are grouping specs imo.. dont take those if you want to solo

G

Glottis_Xanadu

50 longbow is nice, but even with 100% damage through pbt, I would prefer 75% damage at 45, those 5 points :p
I have played with the idea of 50 longbow, 50 thrust, but I doubt I will evade enough. I did read up on how well shield performs in 1.62, so I might keep shield. Right now I would say 50 thrust is better than 42 shield, if you cannot stun them, atleast you can damage them a bit :p
I would go
50 LB
42 Shield
18 Thrust
36 Stealth
rather than 30 thrust, and lower stealth. With 36 (or 35 is also fine) you can hide pretty well after the SH nerf. 18 thrust, or 30 thrust, neither is going to help I'm afraid. Scouts hit like crap :)
Regards, Glottis

G

greenfingers

gimp spec imo

Im gonna go:
21 Thrust
33 Stealth
50 LB
42 Shield

then I got 2 Thrust styles I can use all the time (Puncture, Lunge) which is a bleed ability. I also got the highest LB = best dmg, and rdy for 1.62! Shield 42 for Slam ofc :p

L

loxleyhood

Im flirting with two specs atm;

the first one I thought of was:

50 Longbow
42 Shield
39 Slash
6 Stealth

Obviously that theres a group only scout, would be quite a powerful spec imo, but since I only ever group in the evenings I don't think its suitable for me.

Second is Galerrard's spec which I nicked and turned to slash:

50 Longbow
42 Shield
34 Slash
20 Stealth

Low stealth, but still just about enough for soloing imo, despite the SH changes I still don't think archer stealth is truly worth it anymore. As you can see 50 bow is essential for me. I have been insulted by wardens for too damn long! :p

As for Realm Abilities, volley is nice, getting better next patch, but I think im going to respec out of it, as its hard to kill on your own with it, and its just not too fun clicking the buttons over and over again. Its also expensive in arrows. It doesn't even have an animation! I don't really have much fun with it.

I will be keeping longshot though, to deal with casters.

S

skile

Originally posted by wilddork--
why take 30 stealth then? what about...

50 LB 42 SHield 39 slash and uhmmm 6 stealth.. with everything +15/16 your stealth wouldnt be THAT low..

or

50 LB 42 Shield 34 slash (stun chain thingy after block) and 20 stealth..

but those are grouping specs imo.. dont take those if you want to solo

Cause stealth is more useful in 1.62? And If he is a sniper he would wan't to mind those SB's :p.

W

wilddork--

but he said hes a grouping char wich means also protecting healers/casters with slam? high stealth isnt that important then?

W

wilddork--

but he said hes a grouping char wich means also protecting healers/casters with slam? high stealth isnt that important then?

N

nightsorrow

50lb is to much points imo:p

i dunno what spec to get rlly

I

iluvatur

weapon skill weapon skill weapon skill... my new scout ( and yes i decided this before the new patch was announced) will be 50lb 50thrust 28 stealth 6 shield... not relying on df to kill anything. wil probly use the tranq->wyvern combo and whip out a crit shot if i ever land df. i'd just rather not try and land slam when it costs oodles of endurance and misses alot on buffed assasins ( i aim to kill other classes before they get to me but.. hey i got a sense of humour if it doesnt end up like that)

another thing that pin explained to me is that shield slam is based of your primary weapons weaponskill, so if your low slash (29?) and get hit by enervating poison your weaponskill gonna get creamed and its hard enough to land slam anyways. (not 100% on this but pin said ..PIN!)

M

moona

any Inconnu scout speccs? :)

and tell me i'm gimped ......

K

K0nah

think i'll be going 36stealth, 45bow, 42shield, 27thrust.

dragonfang is nice n all but it weakens your groupability even more, slam (and hi shield spec) has far more uses than just vs SBs...

L

loxleyhood

Apparently with the block fix slam scouts block like theres no tomorrow.

G

greenfingers

aye, Loxley ... yesterday I blocked like 40% of the time, EVERY time !!! and Im only 42+5 Shield ! :wink2:

T

tazzke

aye, Loxley ... yesterday I blocked like 40% of the time, EVERY time !!! and Im only 42+5 Shield !

you playing 1.62 already?

block is possible vs many classes....but vs SB's...the #1 scout killer the chance of blocking (unbuffed vs buffed) is veryyyyyy low

the time you can land a slam yourself you are at 50% hp most of the time...unless you got camo up and you can surprise some RR2 SB's maybe with slam from stealth...

Even with engage on they keep hitting you like it isn't even on... :(

Shield is nice for guard on a caster...but solo..dunno...atm 42 shield = slam = endurance eater

Sure hope blockrate will go up in 1.62.... :)

V

vindicat0r

Scout respec

respec to an infil ^^

But really my baby scout would be

50Thrust
45 Bow
Rest stealth 36 < I think , not sure on figure >

S

skile

Stuff will change in 1.62.

Saracen scouts have around 350 in dex. Meaning we don't get the use of 50 dex atm. And as we all know dex affects chance of blocking. SB's are the same as briton. They have their stats more even around 300.

SB's and zerkers seem to speculate in going 2-handed. This will scouts benefit alot from when buffed. Shield is extremly good vs 2-handed and those sbs(if 2-handed) will surely die alot more easy in melee.

S

skile

My spec in 1.62 will be. 50 Longbow, 39 thrust, 42 shield and 6 in stealth. Purely group, but man.. We will kick some serious arse in grps :).

C

Cashandcarry

Originally posted by loxleyhood

Second is Galerrard's spec which I nicked and turned to slash:

50 Longbow
42 Shield
34 Slash
20 Stealth

Low stealth, but still just about enough for soloing imo, despite the SH changes I still don't think archer stealth is truly worth it anymore. As you can see 50 bow is essential for me. I have been insulted by wardens for too damn long! :p

Aye Lox this was going to be my spec until the patch for 1.62 changed to actually dropping BT. After that, I decided that 50 bow was just too far to go.

So I have respecced to:-

45 Longbow
42 Shield
39 Thrust
22 Stealth

I have to say the ability to do additional damage in melee has been noticed (I was 25 thrust) and my weapon skill increased to 1308 when buffed with my sword. Basically I feel like Im hitting a little harder and a little more often. It does seem that I can melee down that last bit of an SB better now.

Also the stealth is enough to avoid being detected by roaming full groups, so long as you avoid the roads. And I have nt really noticed much differnec in being ganked by SBs - it used to happen all the time and it still does !! (Unless of course I can be bothered to wait for cammo to be up).

With the See Hidden Changes Ill be better off in 1.62 with 22+16 stealth than I was in 1.60 with 36+16 stealth anyway.

Basically I prefer to guild-group in which case slam, blocking, bow shots and melee (ie pierce/basiliskfang) is most important to me and this spec seems to be working well.

L

legionaire

Originally posted by Cashandcarry

45 Longbow
42 Shield
39 Thrust
22 Stealth

and this spec seems to be working well.

Looks good,i think its the way iam gonna go as well

X

xplo

I keep my spec:
45 lb
34 stealth
42 shield
29 thrust
(and 6 slash :p )

S

skile

Even i can avoid FG's with my 4+4 in stealth. Just need to be like 6m-10m away. Not that i use it tho :p.

J

Jergiot

saracen slash... zzzzzzzz

anyway, styles mean nothing, weaponskill everything.

N

nightsorrow

Originally posted by Jergiot
saracen slash... zzzzzzzz

anyway, styles mean nothing, weaponskill everything.

i am saracen slash also, but would i rlly do more damage with 29 thrust then 29 slash?

T

tazzke

Jergiot...keep me up to date with the spec you got mate after 1.62 :p

I

infernalwrath

Atm i have a really crap spec cause this char is 10 months old and it took me looooooooooong to lvl him 50 (dinged 50 3 days ago)
I will find myself a respec stone and go :
45 lb
29 stealth
34 slash
42 shield
I am saracen i know i suck with slash but with 34+11+rr in slash and high str from buff fixes in 1.62 it will not matter. Atm buffed i have 275 str in 1.62 i will have 30X str that will give me a decent ws. Anyways mythic should consider giving a nice anytime style @ 34 or 29 for thrust and crush ... all ppl on alb are slasher casue of amethyst
About the penetrate thing .. atm i am going 2-3 ppl stealth groups or solo so i dont need it .... longshot and rapid fire will get the job done with casters in 1.62

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom