Nydoregan
18+5 stealth
24+5 longbow
13+5 shield

my uber gimp iconnu scout

/surrender and i may consider sparing you

S

stafford

ah sorry about my gimpy spec i forgot all BG characters must be TeH Ub3r 1337 RP FARMERS !

im just trying a new thing out having some fun

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

It's not a really bad idea... but even with 18+5 stealth you'll be assassin fodder. ;)

Hey - I am the last one to argue against a non-cookie cutter template.

But that spec will just kill all your fun together with that character.

S

SilverHood

tbh, its not that bad a spec

Scouts cant kill sb's or shades if they get jumped anyhow.

If they don't get attacked by those 2 classes, ie non stealth classes, they are doing something wrong ;)

C

Cavex ElSaviour

have to say that my 20+5 stealth saved my ass a few times. ( out of ten times you can see the shadownoob walking behind you. with a quick response you destealth and sprint like mad. Apart from that. its nice to shoot a fellow archer out of stealth.

S

stafford

well to combat the old assasin factor i shall engage then use stun then sprint like a biatch
(end pots included)

not gonna use heal pots tho cos

a) i dont play to win no matter the costs i want an even field
b)i h8 ppl who use insta heals
and
c) there shit

and uncy sick there will be fun :) lots of iconnu hugs, some sickening cannibal emotes and 2 shotting bards :clap:

oh and korvarn :fluffle:

S

SilverHood

ask mitch how to play a scout.

Guy can't fight to svae his life, but boy oh boy does that bow hurt.

S

swords

Nydoregan?
didn't i one shot you at MPK recently or was it someone with a similar name?

S

stafford

nope wasnt me

im still 22 tho
you gave me a wave last night :)

dunno y u didnt attack (maybe it was the pally with the car door shield i was stuck too)

im just in bg for a few days to test resists see what kills me the most
so come gimme a pluggin

S

swords

Pally=end chant= catches me up=me ganked by albs :)

i will wait for you to wander off alone and stab ye to death.
probably one shot a blue con scout with PA so i'd lvl to 24 for those all important points.

get +con +hp's and slash resist capped then you will survive the initial strike. which annoys me as io have to wait 6 seconds to finish you off and there's bound to be an alb zerg hiding behind a tree or something :p

S

stafford

some foolish shadowblade crept up on me in a big battle before you took thid

she stood there with a 2handed sword in her hands for at least 5 seconds

tell them they need to target me to PA me

<Disable>
<Sprint>
let the reavers eat her

U

Uliea

Mitch's spec was:

24 Longbow +5
20 Stealth +4
6 Shield +5
8 Thrust +5

I had everything SC'd at 99-100%

I recommend that you don't use crit shot, it's not worth the risk of being uncovered and normally after 6 seconds your prey has moved off.

Btw Mitch will return, i never capped him, instead i gave all my epic gear to a guildie (Rodamus) who's gonna be going around slapping you people silly :D

N

nerfdom

Important scout info

Yo

Here are my experiences of scouts so far - level 47 now.

BG1 was specced full bow/full stealth (with items +5)/shield 7(for engage) and the rest in thrust. Had a great time and was capped in a matter of days. Infs were not a problem as i hardly ever encountered them as i would move rapidly after i killed anyone. Good news so far eh.

47 now - totally different story.

Since BG1 decided to keep thrust at max for level to help with levelling - no running from mobs that i missed crit on. Worked a treat - still works as i have killed many mobs - even some orange - with just my sword!. Specced now? - Full spellcrafted 102af 99% quality suit on which means i am resistant to loads and maxxed in dex/quickness/str and con. Longbow is base 44 and 10 with suit so way over level - thrust is 47, stealth is about 36-38 i think with suit, shield is still only 7. Using a 99% quality dirk with 2.2 spd and a level 47 fire proc on it. With quickness now 172 i swing very rapidly. So far sounds great eh? Read on!

Blasted to bits in Emain - after getting mezzed for so long i could have made a cup of coffee! Decided to do some duelling for the hell of it to see what i could do. The more you do of this stuff the better i thought as you can only learn. Went mental and decided to attack a level 50 armsman and a level 50 paladin (both orange). No kidding i could not actually hit the armsman with his blocking! and me with a 2.2 spd dirk? Same went for the paladin - impossible to get off any styles though i did hit him a few times for a rediculously low amount. Now then i hear you say - 15 dps dirk? - why ain't you using a 16.5 dps slow weap for hard hitting? Waste of time i found it as the slowness makes styles near impossible to get off on anything with any speed. Well what am i upset about?

Jumped by a red essence shredder in Darkness - got him down to just over 1/2 health before people helped. This is a fast monster but i was evading madly. Again had 3 - yes 3!!! yellow tempters on me and killed them ALL with as i said before sword only! I use detaunt with a followup that slows the mob down some so my defensive moves are good - evasion is up etc. Now if i can do that to a RED - READ - RED - essence shredder and 3 yellows at once how come i cannot even hit an armsman? The armsman and pala were like high purple mobs on steroids.

Where do i go from here?

To be honest it don't look good. As i have used thrust to level i now find myself great on mobs and useless on players. Only thing is to either fully respec to slam shield or to use this alt for money making purposes. Was hoping to use level 50 dragonfang to get my 9 sec stun off but what a joke that is.

One more thing!

See hidden - hope you are aware this but if a SB has this he can see you no matter what for 10 mins after you have shot an arrow at anything - eh?. There is no defense against this apart from camoflage (10mins after you shoot bow). Try and run and hide from a mob with a SB with this - should be fun!

Conclusions

For goodness sake don't try and create a thrust scout. Infact forget all about any melee and concentrate fully on fast bow speed with max damage and high stealth. Don't forget the all important slam. This is gonna be my spec after the next patch and the all important respec stones become available. As for the issues with stealth - well all to hell if you ask me as it seems infs/sbs etc have all the advantages going.

Disgruntled thrust scout

Peaceful

C

Cybwyn

My theory is that even if Scouts could spec to 500 in slash or thrust then they'd still get the shite knocked out of them in toe to toe combat. As for meléeing a 50 Arms or 50 Pally - what did you expect? Most of them are specced to be blocking monsters. Can you honestly say that you'd pick a fight with a Hib or Mid tank? Didn't think so. ;)

My Scout is currently specced to 29 Thrust and I wish I'd spent less points on that so I could have more for stealth to go with the 50 Longbow that I'll have. Choice between shooting a caster for 1,000+ (on the odd occasion) or consistently trying to melée opponents down (and consistently failing after doing about 70-100 damage per hit) - I'll take 1 shotting any day.

I also accept that I'll have more than my fair share of SBs and NS' popping on me when my Camo is down but only a couple more realm skill points to earn before I can buy Truesight and meet them on my terms (once every 30 mins). :)

If I wanted to beat opponents in melée combat then I'd have chosen a character more suitable than a Scout (like a Wizard, Theurg, Cabby or Sorc) ;)

As for 24 +5 Longbow in BG - with a SC'd bow and armour and high DEX you're going to hurt a lot of people (just not with your sword).

S

stafford

ive been trying out a friends lvl 50 scout recently

hes not bad considering hes in epics with no SC no alchemy (hes been dormant for a while)

True sight is great,
spotting mill climbing amg hill hittin TS and seeing the 3 or 4 stealthers protectin him was funny (he still died :p)

but camo doesnt do shit
except a fancy icon at the top of the screen

and nerfdom i know all about bowmen classes
having also played a good friends lvl 50 infil :p

Users who are viewing this thread