Scout nerf in 1.65 ?

[e]

Fledgling Freddie
Played my scout last night and it feels ....well not the same.
Is it just me or have you guys also noticed a difference ?

Critical hit miss more often
Less normalshot dmg, more often miss
Less quickshot dmg

????????????????????? :eek7:

Powahhh

Fledgling Freddie
[e] said:
Played my scout last night and it feels ....well not the same.
Is it just me or have you guys also noticed a difference ?

Critical hit miss more often
Less normalshot dmg, more often miss
Less quickshot dmg

????????????????????? :eek7:

u watch too much tv imo....
no scouts escept the los reapply (los check when draw , los check befores shoot...instead of one los check that was before) haven't take/removed anything...
nerfbat hitted savages and focus pullers....noone else...

[e]

Fledgling Freddie
Do you even have a scout ? This question is for ppl who play scouts - not to wannabe know-it-all (I did read patch notes- dont need you to tell me).

So plz, only ppl who play scout post here...

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
I played last night, didnt feel any different then before.

As for critshot dmg no idea, but it seems to be same as before.

Spear

Fledgling Freddie
Wouldn't be a DAoC patch without a nerf to archers.
Probably some stealth nerf that GoA put in. :)

The LoS 'fix' was the only extra feature archers got in the patch notes.

Haven't seen any changes on my hunter.

Bishibosh

Fledgling Freddie
On average id say im doing about 20% less damage than i was before... with level 43 buffs and a MP bow im rarely getting above 300 on armoured people

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
well wouldn't be the first time GoA have introduced a 'stealth nerf' without a word...

some weeks back Prevent Flight was 'adjusted' by them, in one of those mini-patches i assume, can hit ppl on the back 5-6times now and it not proc sometimes, compared to a guaranteeed proc within 2-3hits previously.

presumably too many customers were complaining so they just 'fixed' it :eek7:

GOA: its a fucking 14point RA!

it should do what it says on tin :twak:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Konah said:
well wouldn't be the first time GoA have introduced a 'stealth nerf' without a word...

some weeks back Prevent Flight was 'adjusted' by them, in one of those mini-patches i assume, can hit ppl on the back 5-6times now and it not proc sometimes, compared to a guaranteeed proc within 2-3hits previously.

35% chance of a proc is what it said on the tin...
though I'd imagine Mythic would post a note if they fixed it...

Apparently root immunity stops prevent flight - maybe that's having an effect?

lostone

Fledgling Freddie
Bishibosh said:
On average id say im doing about 20% less damage than i was before... with level 43 buffs and a MP bow im rarely getting above 300 on armoured people

lvl 48 buffbot
99% bow
Average damage is 400~ ...
40 bow-spec

Repair your gear;)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Noticed nothing different on damage output, but I am missing alot more now than I was before the patch :mad:

Ronin

Fledgling Freddie
[e] said:
Do you even have a scout ? This question is for ppl who play scouts - not to wannabe know-it-all (I did read patch notes- dont need you to tell me).

So plz, only ppl who play scout post here...

lol great response m8

Bishibosh

Fledgling Freddie
lostone said:
lvl 48 buffbot
99% bow
Average damage is 400~ ...
40 bow-spec

Repair your gear;)

it is 100% :p
I think its just bad luck, I did 600ish with a normal shot vs a rr5 warrior yesturday...
But yes i do miss a lot more :(

hooray for scout nerf/boost :cheers:

Tootz

Fledgling Freddie
Played the scout for about an hour last night after hearing they may have been "stealth-nerfed" yet again. Damage wise I didn't notice any big difference. However, when it came to misses I seemed to be doing a lot more than I was pre-patch - almost as if we'd gone back to the old days.

Getting fed up with GOA shafting Scouts tbh, they seem to have a hard-on for doing it to us though with constant nerfs and boosts to other classes.

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Common lets all say it together!!

MYTHIC NERFS/DEVS THIS GAME, NOT GOA!!!!1

Bishibosh

Fledgling Freddie
Tharion said:
Common lets all say it together!!

MYTHIC NERFS/DEVS THIS GAME, NOT GOA!!!!1

and they would've gotten away with it if it weren't for you pesky kids

Ballade.

Banned
i noticed a dmg chance aswell.. rougly doing 20% less damage than before patch aswell :(

hitting for 80-150 with rapid fire after patch with 351 dex 46+13lb with fully repaired 99% bow

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Konah said:

Perhaps you got a theurg who respecced to ice and used (AE-)root on the enemy you trying to PF?

Root ---> No Prevent Flight.

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Puppet said:
Root ---> No Prevent Flight.

Uhmm no, root immunity gives snare immunity as well, however PF shouldn't be affected by root immunity.

Danita

Boobz

Loyal Freddie
Well this is far from scientific, but i also noticed a drastic drop in overall damage. As for miss rates, dunno yet, tell you when i have had more chance to play.
I really noticed it vs a few chars today who i was hitting for LESS than 200 a shot with a MP HLbow and 45+14 LB and lvl 50 MOA3 buffs (363 dex). Dunno if its just a fluke or not yet....will test more.

Bishibosh

Fledgling Freddie
can anyone remember the exact % of the damage that scouts do compared to origional damage? I thought it had a 30% nerf.... then ummm more %... dnt think it ever went up and there have been hidden nerfs in the past

[e]

Fledgling Freddie
Well I have tested the scout now for about 15 hours, and the conclusion I have to make is that they did indeed nerf us in this latest patch. In RvR, on exactly the same ppl, as before patch, I do about 15-20% less damage overall. However, they also nerfed hitrate, which I think is the biggest problem.

I think it's pretty screwed up they nerf a already gimped caracter - and with "gimp" i mean you MUST have a buffbot for scout to be playable.
But many ppl dont have bb, and for them this "undercover nerf" might as well have deleted their caracter - would have actually done them a favor=/

imo, balancing a class with the assumption that it will be played with buffs is very wrong. What do you guys think ?

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
have miss rate 8 out of 10 shoots with a 50 Bow Spec.
did a 700 crit shoot 2 any1 then i got 4 miss, 1 hit and 4 miss again.
have screenshoots, if u say where i can upload them ill do it.

my point of view is that ill try 50 weapon spec if my Bow miss rate dont change. It isnt worth 2 have 50 Longbow if u only hit 30% of all shoots.

Vandar

Loyal Freddie
My scout was duelling another scout yesterday. In 3 serious duels I evaded 2 out of 4 of his arrows (which is unusual) and he had 1 miss.... eek.
Both RR4Lx with MP gear etc, etc.
Certainly seems like the hit rate is lower for what ever reason. I didn't particularly notice a difference on dmg but looks like its certainly worth doing some further checking.
Has anyone got chat logs of duels etc from prior to patch so we can actually do this scientifically and test?

Oh 1 good thing....I somersault when I evade now and look like a pole arm wielder with Bane :clap:

Gorel-Truesight

Fledgling Freddie
Critshot forums were full of the stealth nerf of 165 if you look back

Hate to say it but hit rate still hasnt been put back even now and they are testing 168.....

if you want a theory it is to make scouts buy toa as the only way you can get back to the damage of old is to get an antifact bow with + damge, +range and + speed on it....

But Mythic would never do that would they????????

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom