Scout LFG - Why is the answer always no?

D

deerstalker

Hi,
We all know that scouts are the bottom of the list for group slots.
but why?

Last night the guild group was in AC, we had a 1 pally, 1 arms, 1 cleric , 1 sorc, and myself a 42 scout.

When the cleric doesn't have agro.

With the bow I hit for between 200 and 350 every three seconds.
I can pull mobs, disrupt healers and the only class that can do anything about the archers in AC.

When the cleric has agro.

Switch to the shield, guard on the cleric, and Engage.
with 190 dex, my blocking rate is something like 30 out of 31 (vs purple con mob) .
The cleric has agro, no more mobs will attack him while the loose mob is engaged. As long as no one tries to stun / mez / hit the mob on the cleric the healer is fine.. once all the mobs are dead. the tanks can come back and take the loose mob off my hands. back to the bow. spam shoot to victory ;)

Now with the respec I'm going to have slam tonight.. lets see what my chances of a group in ac are?

"nope were full" says the group of four.

So again.. why do you turn scouts away from groups?

DS

S

Sibanac

well probly cause you dont add much to a grp that another class cant do better , die pretty fast if you get aggro and a bit low lvl for avc

as for the archers, cabby can nearsight/root them sorc can mezz em and in a caster heavy grp you can rip them to shreds before they ever get to you

O

oldgit

I think its because some scouts dont shoot arrows they think they are a tank when in groups'
when i lvled my scout too 50 in AC i got asked in quite a few groups, without asking them, but some ppl was always like wow your actually shooting arrows.
i may be wrong but thats what i think

D

deerstalker

Originally posted by Sibanac
well probly cause you dont add much to a grp that another class cant do better , die pretty fast if you get aggro and a bit low lvl for avc

For a solo purple con mob, If I engage, I can stand head to head blocking it for as long as my endurance lasts. If I play stupid and try to hit it with my little sewing needle then yep I'll die.

I don't agree with the too low level for ac comment, the entry mobs only con red to me, the wandering mobs in the courtyard are the same. Ok I appreciate not getting a group when all are 49, but I counted 12+ people in two groups that conned orange / yellow to me. <46

DS.

A

Apathy

Because you're all fucking whiny little cunts if you MUST know.

a.

D

deerstalker

Originally posted by Apathy
Because you're all fucking whiny little cunts if you MUST know.

a.

Ah group leaders lack IQ and Interpersonal skills.. I see.
:p

DS

T

Thamiles

Most albion ppl tend to think traditional (boooring) when making a group.

Grow some skills in making groups kthxbye.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by deerstalker
For a solo purple con mob, If I engage, I can stand head to head blocking it for as long as my endurance lasts. If I play stupid and try to hit it with my little sewing needle then yep I'll die.

I don't agree with the too low level for ac comment, the entry mobs only con red to me, the wandering mobs in the courtyard are the same. Ok I appreciate not getting a group when all are 49, but I counted 12+ people in two groups that conned orange / yellow to me. <46

DS.

yes you can engage but its hard in a group to engage, as soon as anyone enters combat with the same mob engage stops working.

and yes as an unpopulars group class you are a bit low to get avc grps.
Your best bet would be to try get some groups and prove to em you are wurth taking,
chances are you will meet the same people the next day and they will take you into the grp again, after a few days you will get groups as soon as you log in (well atleast i worked for my matter cabby and its not like they are popular in groups )

P

pez

Originally posted by oldgit
I think its because some scouts dont shoot arrows they think they are a tank when in groups'
when i lvled my scout too 50 in AC i got asked in quite a few groups, without asking them, but some ppl was always like wow your actually shooting arrows.
i may be wrong but thats what i think

If i ever denied scout a place in a grp its cos of this

L

loxleyhood

In groups scouts do much more good in melee and guarding the main tank. Its like an extra pbt.

K

kirennia

scout have NOTHING that another char in groups cant do as well or better.

L

loxleyhood

Nothing has a better block rate than a scout.

P

pez

Originally posted by loxleyhood
In groups scouts do much more good in melee and guarding the main tank. Its like an extra pbt.

Its like an extra pbt but its not, surely a 2nd cleric or a theurgist would provide better defensive action than a scout.

I would expect a scout to do maximum dmg whereever possible from lvls 5-50 and use his block/engage/guard skills when specifically needed and not the whole time.

L

loxleyhood

A scout will ruin himself financially if he always shoots in groups.

L

Lorthania

Hi,

Most replies I read here are along the way of 'scouts don't bring anything extra to a group'.

Although this may be true, it wouldn't hurt to not always think in those terms. For me, DAoC is mostly about having fun, so when I'm group leader, I don't really care who is in my group, as long as everybody's having fun. A scout who makes me laugh is worth more to me than a paladin who only cares about his next level.

Now, I know this may be a bit different in RvR where your life is on the line, but in PvE, any fg can find stuff to kill and get good gain from it, no matter what the chars in the group are.

Don't get me wrong, I want to get to 50 and pick up nice items just as much as everybody, but in the end, I play for fun and everybody should realize that looking for a group for hours on end just isn't pleasant - I know what I'm talking about, spirit cabbies don't seem to be very popular either :).

So, the next time you have a spot free in your group and a scout is lfg, perhaps you should think about the person moving that scout around and doing his best to make a good char out of it instead of whatever will help yourself the most.

Thanks for the attention,

Lorth

A

adari

doesnt the same go for infs?

i know i soloed 45+ a lot :d

P

parlain

No arrows no grp when I levelled up-which would you prefer being poor or soloing :)

L

loxleyhood

Originally posted by parlain
No arrows no grp when I levelled up-which would you prefer being poor or soloing :)

Im a miser. I almost got Arrow Salvaging. :p

S

samildanachh

Originally posted by thamiles
Most albion ppl tend to think traditional (boooring) when making a group.

Grow some skills in making groups kthxbye.

totally agree.
in ac i never joined other grps cus 1/2 of em suck.
i only ever made them myself and tbh they were ALOT better than ur avg ac grp.
just make grps urself like tham said.
:D

K

K0nah

scouts can do great dmg in an xp group. the problem is the lazy ones who wont use thier bows or wont buy and use decent quality arrows for grp xp or chip away at mobs with thier elite 20ish weaponspec (if ur lucky). the lazy ones give the entire class a bad name imo. a bit like "afk powersong on" mincers.

longbow does as much or more dmg than a caster to many hi con mobs when u take resist rates into account.

I

ilienwyn

Can't say i am disapointed last few days in AC tbh. Pretty often invites. And btw, rapid fire rules but costs in arrows. Either way, all legolas wannabes can try it. lots of fun :p

T

tirneh

I did that, and damn right I did ruin myself financially after shooting in groups after they all requested me to do so.

76silver for 20 arrows, and those 20 arrows do not last long, 2-3 mobs?

how many mobs do you have to kill 40-50 ? :p

O

old.Odysseus

Originally posted by deerstalker

a) With the bow I hit for between 200 and 350 every three seconds.

b) When the cleric has agro.

Switch to the shield, guard on the cleric, and Engage.
with 190 dex, my blocking rate is something like 30 out of 31 (vs purple con mob) .

a) Deduct fumbles and misses from those numbers

b) Engage does not work on mobs that are under attack - which is nearly always the case with mobs attacking clerics.

T

taranee

hi need a scout? - no thanks we ok

hi! mind if i join in? - no thanks need a tank

hi..have any room for me? - no sorry

hi..ok if i join you? - sorry but we are ok

im soooooo happy im 50.....

L

loxleyhood

I made my own groups when I was in the high 40s. And they were the best damned groups in df. They always followed the formula of:

Scout (me)
Tank
Tank
Cleric
Minstrel
Theurgist
Damage dealer (Wizard, merc etc.)
Random (People who had a hard a time of leveling as me, cabbies, infis etc.)

L

leoric

Not my place to say, But i think people forget there all the same realm, I gave in my scout due to lack of groups :(, Im with Lorth on this one, Theres too much 'Me Me Me' these days :(

P

parlain

Originally posted by tirneh
I did that, and damn right I did ruin myself financially after shooting in groups after they all requested me to do so.

76silver for 20 arrows, and those 20 arrows do not last long, 2-3 mobs?

how many mobs do you have to kill 40-50 ? :p

and you need to buy extra long range arrows because...? :m00:

S

Silenzio

i want a craftskill transfer!!!
so i can erase my scout without wasteing all that good alky

sigh

K

Keogh

It seems to me that some people in this game just start groups that are going to suit them and they don't give a fuck about anyone else.

This is why me and a group of friends tend to group together, that way there's no elitism. No matter what class we roll we know we'll get a group no matter what.

Also a mate who's a 50 Scout spent all of his 40+ in AC grouped so not all group leaders are in it for themselves only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom