Film Scott Pilgrim

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Just saw Scott Pilgrim, and I have to say it was fantastic! The comedy was great, and the action was fun as well. There were lots of geeky references as well, particularly the 8-bit Universal logo! Another Edgar Wright classic.

I'll watch it again soon.

russell

FH is my second home
Cant WAIT.
But unfortunately I have to -as hubby is away watching Grand prix, so have no baby sitter:(

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Anyone know if this film is loosely based on the wii game, "no more hereos"? Seems to be from the trailers.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
No, it's based on a canadian comic with manga stylings. It's incredibly geeky though!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Hmm... the sound effects are taken directly from the game, which is why I asked!

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Dudes

Saw It

Loved It

Wanna See It Again.....soon

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Seen it twice now, will probably see it again soon, it's so awesome!

Can't wait for the blu-ray!

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Cant wait for Edgar Wrights commentry too

It was so good

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Argh! I took my niece to the pictures the other day and really wanted to see this ... but she demanded (as teenagers do) that we see a 3D dance movie instead. Big yawn!

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Saw it last night with the GF and I loved it, even she liked it and she hates films with fight scenes. Thought all the nods to gaming was fantastic, loved the zelda music near the start and I do agree alot of it reminds me of No More Heroes. Can't wait to see it again.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Only thing I disliked was the ending, it all got a bit boring and predictable.
Bit where he goes back to the Chinese girl, then back to crazy hair lady made no sense. Also we never saw how he was so good at fighting (i could live with that), but it would have been nice for some of the fights to be a bit more normal. He has one at the start, then it goes all xmen.

Oh and 'as if' you'd dump an asian girl for a 'normal' looking girl.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Bahamut:

The original scripted ending was written before the last issue of Scott Pilgrim was released and had him going back with Knives. Once the last issue revealed that Scott and Ramona got together at the last minute the ending of the movie was changed to match, so i'm led to believe.

Loved this film, fights were way ott but that was its charm, it's not lit the box office on fire though so there may not be too many imitators, thankfully. Definately a movie that's going to shine on Blu-Ray/DVD (although unless you have a kickass sound system you're really going to want to see it on the big screen).

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
There's an early draft of the script on Joblo that's got the original scripted ending, a lot of the dialogue doesn't seem as snippy and is quite overambitious in places (bit of a wtf at the final battle, the cost of that would be crazy) but I reckon the final product did rather well out of it.

It's satisfying when a movie gets the right cast and crew, that film could have so very easily been an unmitigated disaster, but who knows, if it were disneyfied maybe it would have made more money at the expense of being, you know, good ;).

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
I was like, this shit is cool and...stuff. But then the lead actor was a bit poo so I was a bit like "sad face".

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Finally got around to seeing this last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Slightly offbeat, lots of gaming references and some great cameos. Chris Evans was especially ace.

One of the things I particularly loved was how ridiculous the logic was. There was no superhero setup or anything. The mental fights just started as if they were perfectly natural, without any explanation as to why the nerd was suddenly able to fight like a computer-game demon.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Just finished watching it, that was awesome. So random, so good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom